[Suggestion]Make Barrenzin and V`Lynn Renloe unlock with LoY on TLP Servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ketzerei84, May 2, 2021.

1. Ketzerei84 Elder

With the release of LoY come newbie armors and a number of newbie armor quests are broken(looks hard at Froglok Evil quests that never got fixed after the reclamation of Grobb). The devs at the time had the lazy solution to the sheer number of broken armor quests of adding the following two NPCs to the game:
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=18623
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=18679

The tasks they offer reward the same newbie armors as the LoY quests, and only those newbie armors, and... none of them are broken. Some race/class combos which never got newbie armors added with LoY(looks at Vah Shir) also get newbie armors which are on level with other existing race/class newbie armor quests.
    Tested this out on test server with a test copy and class/race newbie armors I know for a fact have broken quests on TLP and Live worked fine. These quests only go to pre-PoP zones(aside from the quest givers and the class gm turnins in PoK).
    Unless you want to actually fix the broken quests which haven't worked for.... 10+ years?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The LoY-Era Newbie Armor Quests are locked to PoP on TLP

LoY & PoP now unlock together on TLP

Evil Froglok classes came with the patch of 11/08/2005 - after the launch of DoDH originally so maybe there is something funky with their quests still being tied to that expansion even if the class options are available earlier.
  3. Ketzerei84 Elder

Alright, so tie them to PoP, that's cool too...

Nope. The funkiness came with the reclamation of Grobb, this was tested on live(the quests don't work there either, and haven't since the reclamation of Grobb) and those NPC were added specifically because the devs couldn't be bothered to fix those broken quests or add in new ones for races they overlooked in the first pass of newbie armor quests(Vah Shir, Iksar). Troll newbie armor quests were also broken, but they went ahead and fixed those after Fippy(when people were digging through old posts on eqtc to find the old neriak version of troll newbie armor quests, which for some reason worked - even though the NPC dialogue was all wrong)
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That was what happened on the patch date I gave, the Frogloks were given the "Gift of Hate" by Innorruuk which led to some in-fighting that allowed the Trolls to retake Grobb, so the evil-classes being added to the Froglok race class options was part of the lore of that event.

I agree with you those should be fixed/repaired if they are not functioning.
  5. Ketzerei84 Elder

Right, exactly. The good froglok armor quests are semi-broken as well, 'caused by the move. If I had to take a wild guess there was probably a dev working on new sets for the evil frogs who for some reason jsut copy/pastad from somewhere else and didn't set the zone flags properly. The quests work exactly the same on live and on TLP - you can go through this whole rigamarole to 'upgrade your initiate symbol'(which caps out at like 5str/5int for a frog sk. If you manage to figure out that you need to hail literally every single vendor in the entire rathe froggie camp to progress the quest you will finally get some text about talking to the armorers to get some gear - and when you do this the npc doesn't respond and just points off into the distance(of note: all of the other steps when you get told 'go talk to the merchants in town' for example, they point off into the distance. this leads me to the assumption that there is supposed to be some quest text there, but we don't have it so don't know what to do or say or where to go from that point)