please make a boxing mischief clone server ,rizlona his a sucess.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by back to eq, Apr 28, 2021.

1. back to eq New Member

very few people mention rizlona because its a lot less toxic then aradune so theres little need to post on the forums, i love classic eq and yet i love boxing ,let me sub my 6 accounts instead of going back to 1 or 2 accounts.and i have a name for the server jokers of norrath.
  2. a_librarian Augur

I'm sure Rizlona players appreciate the compliments and suggestion to destroy their server.
  3. Protagonist Tank

Riz is mostly dead already and it's less than a year old. Why do you want to finish killing it?
  4. saijin New Member

I agree 100%.... I love the rule set that Mischief has and I would love to play again with the rule set where its non-truebox... This would be so fun to actually be able to 6 box and be able to be a casual player and see all the content (most of us gamers have grown up with 2 full time jobs) and being able to box with a few other friends helps us do content where it takes 50 people to make it happen. This will also allow us to have less down time and more play time... I know in the forums there is talk about releasing the server from "truebox" and that wouldn't be bad too if we knew a time table (IE during the LoY expansion).
  5. SunDrake Augur

This is the way. Of course you don't release a box version of this, but if its big, just acknowledge this is the right move and do that.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

DoDH ideally (approximates what happened on Live) but no earlier than GoD, no later than SoD is what I say.
  7. SunDrake Augur

Era is kind of irrelevant if they are willing to just play it by ear. I think they just need to say 'rules might change' in order to protect themselves and choose that time. One of the reasons I have heard for not switching it off basically goes back to 'announced as and will remain' status. I think DoDH is pushed as a 'late enough' option, or SoD, but you've eliminated the real need for True Box, that early push, as early as PoP. Point being, it should eventually just drop off, doesn't matter when it happens, but it needs to.
  8. Warzon Elder

I am not currently subscribed. I plan to make 1 character for mischief, I plan to play as much as I can, I think the rules will make for a fun experience, and I've always regretted not playing on FV sooner (FV being hands down the most satisfying server to play on).

The unlock schedule is pretty brutal for my available play time, especially with no boxing allowed (truebox is not boxing) (get home, make dinner, log on, spend an hour lfg, group works for about a half hour, 1 month in you're level 30 and miss all the gearing/keying, maybe get to max level by time pop releases, no thanks). But if there's lots of groups/maybe some vacation time, I'll play as long as I can keep up. The minute I can't keep up I'll unsubscribe, because the game really doesn't make any sense playing one character not at the end game. It's not a solo game and so Bring Your Own Group or go home.

I hope I'll love it! I hope there will be groups. I'm already not playing my favorite class, I'm going for bard, as I feel like I enjoy playing bards regardless of gear and guilds are most tolerant of undergeared bards as long as you know what you're doing. Not sure how well I can do it with only one arm (I use tools on other servers to compensate for the arm-loss) but I'm not too concerned, particularly the early expansions, happy to mana battery/bang the drums.

But! If they release a boxing/tools allowed server, with this ruleset, or ANY FV loot rules with agents of change/boxing allowed, I will sub 54 accounts for as long as the server exists. I will shower it with my not inconsiderable disposable income. I will play at my own pace, accomplish my goals at my leisure, and ignore everyone except insofar as if someone asks for help or wants to team up/trade stuff. I tried this for awhile on Rizlona but got frustrated with no free trade and people going out of their way to find me in whatever corner I was avoiding people in to tell me I was ruining Everquest, on the boxing allowed server, in my own pick (there's something wrong with you if you think I'm the weird one in that situation). That is a minimum $864.00 a month commitment, plus buying krono to give to friends to play with me. I would not at all be surprised to average closer to $2,000.00 per month.

I briefly played 54 on Brekt before it got folded into FV and that was the most fun I ever had in EQ aside from being in a top guild on a prog server going full no-life back when I had the time to do that.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah Daybreak don't really build servers with players like yourself in mind, there are too few of you to support a 18-54 big-boxing server and too many of you for the players who only want to box 3-6 aka most of the players.

To be honest you could probably have someone build you your very own EQ server for far less than the kind of money you are flapping your keyboard about here
  10. Notafel Journeyman

If DPG was to ever offer something like licensed server ownership, I'd agree with you. The emulated space has made great strides, but any time I've messed with them there were enough little quirks that ruined the illusion (bard-code gonna be bard-code). And granted I haven't looked around the world in a while, but there was still a lot of content lacking compared to Live, some obviously on purpose.
  11. Stix Man Elder

So, you play 90 minutes a day and want to run 54 toons. I am pretty sure daybreak does not want people like you running their 54 toons the 22 1/2 hours they are not at the keyboard. Which, in order for you to keep up, with 54 toons, you'd have to be automating if you only play 2 hours a day.
  12. mark Augur

since i box 12 on one pc on my current server il be dropping 10 accounts wich get renewed yearly,please give us a boxing mischief server make it the third one.in the video your new group CEO mentioned lisening to the players.
  13. Elite_raider Augur

There is hope that they will listen to all the people asking for this until the launch. Lets hope they do, like they did with the Free Trade rule set, it would turn out to be just a good a decision on their part as the Free Trade rule set I think :)
  14. Appren Gnomercy

No thanks. Please don't kill Rizlona.
    Machen likes this.
  15. mark Augur

so according to a few of youse its ok to kill aradune but not rizlona ?,free trade server the best way to gear up boxes instead of having to jump from camp to camp and fight others over mobs,stay in the one camp get drops for all your classes.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

More or Less. Rizlona is a "special" ruleset server thats not truebox, Aradune comes from a long line of truebox servers who exist to churn through the classic->PoPish eras then lose most of its population to the younger shinier TLP.

I'm of the opinion that Mangler is only so healthy because Aradune's launch was so poor but I think even a poor Mischief launch is still going to really hurt Aradune based on how many people seem desperate to get out of the there.
  17. Ketzerei84 Elder

I see it quite differently. Mangler is healthy because most of the botters and RMTers left for Aradune. A good chunk of the player base may or may not have left for them, I wouldn't know. I played mangler until Kunark and then quit EverQuest to focus on cancer treatments, when I returned Aradune was already in Luclin and, even with fairly high playtime, rushing catchup to PoR sounded a lot more obnoxious than catching up to Luclin pre-PoP launch. The people who are likely to leave Aradune with Mischief launch are the same - the ones we don't really want on Aradune - the botters, the RMTers, the dipsticks who warp around and KS everybody's named mobs to steal all the high value loot and try to run the economy. They're welcome to leave and go be sh**stains to each other on Mischief, and Aradune will be a much healthier experience for everybody because of it.
    Scipio5 likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

If this were the only factor then Coirnav would be alot healthier also.
    Coming back from a break and finding it easier to catchup on the newest server vs your old server is another big reason people will move. If Aradune hadn't launched I'm sure you would have jumped back on to Mangler right?
    We say we don't want them, but so so so many people will then complain that the server is "dead" and there is no one around anymore and migrate to where the people are, even if its people you don't even want around. Humans are weird.
  19. Ketzerei84 Elder

No, I would've gone back to WoW, but that point is taken - returning players aren't moving pop from mangler to aradune because they aren't part of the mangler pop - same way that returning players wont lower the aradune pop because they arent part of the aradune pop.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

I see what you're saying, my point of view is from a scenario like this:

Me playing on server A with my buddy. Buddy takes a break, I carry on.
    Server B launches.
    Buddy wants to come back but catching up is too hard, roll on Server B.
    I want to play with him so I roll an alt there just to mess around, still fully dedicated to Server A.
    Slowly play less and less on A, its end of expac, just raid logging and there is levels and loot to farm on B.
    Finally stop playing A entirely and focus on my new main on B.

Seen it happen alot :(
    But, if in the above scenario Server B's launch is weeks long queues and crashes, Buddy either sucks it up and goes back to server A, or doesn't come back and I carry on long term on A.