Why are there no halfling bards.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CyclopsWiz01, May 1, 2021.

1. CyclopsWiz01 New Member

One would think this would have rectifed years ago with rangers and paladins being added to halfling. Any reason why this isn't the case?
    Brontus likes this.
  2. Roean Journeyman

Stubby fingers can't play the instruments properly.
    Xhartor, Bardy McFly, Karreck and 8 others like this.
  3. TLP Addict Augur

/thread
    Karreck and Loze like this.
  4. Machen New Member

Not all instruments require fingers...
  5. TLP Addict Augur

examples needed.
  6. Roean Journeyman

Drums for selos I suppose but then you have the issue of their stubby legs. Probably trip over their own feet every few meters.
  7. Gremin Augur

Rather have Gnome Monks
    Chatoyan, NImxat and Appren like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They can't play the Flute because they are always filling their faces with pies & they'd block up the mouthpiece with crumbs.

They can't play the Lute cuz they can't reach the strings, their pie-stuffed bellies push the lute body too far away from their hands.

They can't play Trumpet as the pie just clogs up the mouthpiece.

They can't play drums, holding it under one arm they can do but the other arm has that huge pie-filled belly preventing the other arm reaching it.

They are not concerned enough with fashion to look fabulous, and their colour coordination is the worst of all races.

They can't run without face-planting, the gravitational pull of pie-filled belly is too high & it makes them lose all of their balance if moving at anything more than a crawl.
    This is why most Halflings are Druids (can port) or Rogues (spend most of their time sneaking around slowly), the Few Warrior & Paladin Halflings rely on their enormous bellies to cushion the impacts from enemy blows which they have found to be just as effective as actually moving out of the way, the Clerics of course rely on the strongest Donkeys in the cosmos to cart their fat little bodies around.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. Zanarnar Augur

If the lack of bards plus the non-stop music in town ever confused you, wtf comics had a great explanation :)
    Notafel and Chatoyan like this.
  10. Arclyte Augur

Halfling scum should be exterminated
  11. Barder-mangler Augur

12. HoodenShuklak Augur

Pretty much halfling bard 24/7 once you get to Chardok. At least any decent bard is...
  13. Runes Augur

They keep toppling over when holding the lute
  14. Gnothappening Augur

More importantly, why can't the master race play every class? I call for gnomes to have unlimited class access. If nothing else, let's get some gnome monks and gnome gadgetlords.... beastlords. Clockwork spiders make great pets.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Clockworks are not animals, you cannot have Gnome "Beastlords" with clockworks.

Actual animals that have cyborg-like added-on clockwork parts is about as close as you can get to that if you want them badly enough.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Demetri likes this.
  16. Demetri Augur

That would actually make me consider playing a gnome - and a beastlord.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Explain the Treelords then :p
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

They are a creature that has evolved to look like/appear to be something else in nature this is known as "mimicry" (there are several forms of mimicry).

Some real-world examples would be things like, Stick-Insect, Rock-Fish, Giant Leaf-Insect & Flower Mantis
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

They're Treants.... No "mimicry" involved.

• 1977, Gary Gygax, Monster Manual, page 96:
      Treants are strangely related to humans and trees, combining features of both species. ...an individual treant can cause only one or two normal trees to move and attack as stipulated.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

D&D Treants are a sentient being with fairly high intelligence can talk, cast spells, have a history etc
    Not the same as the Treelord Warder which is an animal.