Improving the raidtool

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jumbur, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The current raidtool is a bit cumbersome to work with, and I think its usability can be improved. :)

For example: give the raid leader the ability to drag-n-drop a player from one group to another(or from the groupless bottom). If you drag a player on top of another player in a group you simply get the other player in you mouse instead. Just like we can drag-n-drop items in bags, and move items from slot to slot.

Locking/unlocking the raid, should be implicit and automatic whenever the raid leader grabs a group-member with the mouse and releases him again.
    Hobitses and Herf like this.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I'd settle for just making the bottom part of the window resizable to start.
  3. Herf Augur

- Moving entire groups around by dragging, or otherwise allow group renumbering easily.

- NOT causing a group to disappear when you move all but one member to other groups. This currently drops the last member back to ungrouped, so you have go go down pick it up again and assign it a group, but ONLY if you have at least 2 go to in the group. It's hell when moving members of groups around
    Hobitses likes this.
  4. Windance Augur

There really is no need to lock/unlock the raid for the RL to move characters.
    Froglok likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Agreed here. If I left the person in a group I plan to add a few more members probably. Don't drop them to the bottom if they are the last person left.

Oh, and see my comment above about expanding the bottom.
    Herf and Fanra like this.
  6. Moege Augur

7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

8. Moege Augur

That is the reason I gave the link and the file to look at, If someone does not even want to try and use the tools that already exist /shrug.

Make a new folder in you uifiles copy raidwindow.xml into the folder, select folder as your skin in eq and try ... Not that difficult.

PS: I tried it and it works.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I can break anything!
    Even the self service checkouts hate me.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

OK i'm not as stupid as I thought it was, it looks good. :)

Even managed to get it in my current UI without breaking it! :)
    Moege likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The raid tool is sub-standard, buggy, unreliable, and slower than molasses in Winter.

It needs a complete, ground-up rework if they are going to do anything.
    Allayna, Moege and Conq like this.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

What I find interesting is if the chat server is laggy, the raid tool also seems to get laggy.
    Allayna likes this.
  13. Herf Augur

I'm assuming that the raid tool communicates with the the server before allowing regrouping. So the delay is your round trip time to the server plus server load.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Moege Augur

It feels like the chat server is tied to almost everything. When it lags everything lags.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Add a ready check which gives a check box that everyone can select yes they are ready.

Allow the raid leader to broadcast comments across everyone's screen in a color of his choice.
    Herf likes this.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

That is a great idea, but in our guild the one who handles the raid tool and the one who does the raid-shouting are 2 different players.
    Maybe the "raid broadcast role" could be delegated to someone who isn't handling the tool. :)
  17. Ythera Augur

I agree. Start by getting rid of the lock/unlock feature and just leave people in their groups if they're the only one there.
    Nolrog likes this.
  18. Conq Augur

Just getting the raid tool to respond and update what I've clicked within, I dunno, a few seconds after I push the button(s) would be a good place to start for me...
    Conq
    Herf and Allayna like this.
  19. Slasher Augur

ready check for the idiots who afk to watch "netflix" we know what you're really watching.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Don't forget the ability for the raid leader to DT anyone who has pet taunt on.