FOV - viewing angles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sevenless, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Sevenless New Member

In short; is there a setting that detemines max zoom out achieved specific to a character?

I typically use the F9 view that gives first person view but allows full control using the mouse (both the scroll and right click drag). Since yesterday, one of my characters does not zoom out as much as it used to using the mouse on this F9 fov.

An alternative character works fine, so I am wondering if I have inadvertently changed something specific to that toon.

I have tried comparing the UI and ini files of both to see if I could see something that would determine any differences, but to no avail. Both characters use the same resolution and are in window mode. Also the zones tested are the same.

Alt O, mouse settings are both the same.

Anything I have missed or anyone have a solution, feels character specific and serverside with something I may have done (and maybe not a bug???)? I am currently using a different F9 fov and using the keys to positon where i would ideally like the angle. This allows me to use the mouse to strafe etc but loses the on the fly zoom in and out with the mouse.

oh and I have restarted a few times, which doesnt change anything (worth a try).
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

When this gets brought up, usually the only factor which gets any serious consideration is that one of the chars got a vision buffs which increases magnification.

The only other reliable factor is zone. There are a few which allow you to zoom out (pan back, whatever) a lot more than other zones. But you said you tested in the same zone, so scratch that.
    Sevenless likes this.
  3. Sevenless New Member

Thanks Tatanka. Cleared all my buffs and effects and this has resolved the issue. I now wish I was more methodical so I could say which one it was.

I have been working my brewing ts and, as you do, taking a sip of the drinks as I make them. So must have had a buff that caused the issue.
  4. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Oh, drinking effects definitely can affect that. Most likely, that was it.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Yes, the factor at which you can max view in 3rd person can be set per zone on the server side. Some zones by design are set to less than 1, and typically I think max is 1 except if I remember someone saying housing is set to more than 1.
    Sevenless likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Could have been me. Sunrise Hills lets you pan WAY the h3!! back.

I would prefer all zones to have the setting Sunrise Hills has. Let the user control it, and if you don't want to pan that far back, then don't.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would prefer a slider in Options menu which allows you to choose a maximum zoom out range.
    Sevenless and Tatanka like this.