Warrior molo?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by ceto, Apr 26, 2021.

1. ceto Elder

Hi folks,

I'm looking to try a Warrior to molo my way up. I tried a SK and just couldn't get into it. Can someone tell me what weapons and mercs to use as I level to make it less painful. Should I use 2 handers or dual wield?

Thanks!
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

If an sk bored you good luck on that warrior.
    Ezbro likes this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

Don't bother, there are better ways to play EQ and better games to play than moloing with a warrior.

If you really want to do it, I recommend finding a good show on netflix to watch while you whittle down easy mobs.

If you move to a 2box you can get dramatically better results with either a bard or shaman.
    Tygart likes this.
  4. ceto Elder

Thanks for the responses, looks like I'll skip the warrior lol.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If you offered some more info about why you didn't like playing the SK, you might get some more useful feedback.
    Ozon likes this.
  6. Szilent Augur

My impression isn't that "molo with a warrior" is the goal, just a way to get to high levels? That's sorta reasonable, but it's kinda not worth getting good at per se, just something to muddle on through to what the warrior class is for.
  7. Vlahkmaak Augur

If you like the warrior class you like the warrior class. Don't let these little tiny little pink tutu wearing SKphiles get you down. IMO go Troll or go home (play what ever you want). You will want to primarily use a 2 hander and slam though IMO (hence large race but you can work around this if the more petite races are your thing too). If you like humans then you can really master your own smithing early if you play like I do: If it don't drop, or I cannot make it, then I don't need it. Just my thing.

If you want to buy your gear invest in anything with a snare proc - runners are the bane of warriors and a nice snare proc helps out here ALOT. Invest in a snare and root if possible and switch between 2hander and snare/root for CC.

I'd really recommend you box a shaman for buffs/debuffs and puppy power DPS. I like to use a laptop to my left with num key pad - it is more efficient than changing windows imo and a shammy REALLY speeeds up the kills. Some people will tell you to play the shammy and box the WAR but they just don't get the fun of the WAR grind so play the war and box a shammy (then you get 2 rogue mercs or a cleric/rogue if you want. Triple the flavor - add a bard on your second screen and melody some basic buffage too.

If you just want to MOLO then use a rogue for easier content and pull out the cleric for harder. Either way a SNARE weapon is a REAL must. Nothing worse than beating a mob down forever just to have it bolt off at 5-10% and bring back 50 friends. Get a snare sword as soon as you can and have it in your bag for when you reach level. Set up your weapon setting with 2hander, dual wield snare/dot or snare/damage proc (snare main hand imo - it is more important it procs often), and a sword and board - just because after all you are a tank and while slam is fun so is shield bash.

If you enjoy the warrior go for it - its your game time so play as you wish and anyone else can go pound sand if they have an issue with how you play on your own time.
  8. Laronk Augur

Just because an SK wasn't fun for you doesn't mean a warrior won't be fun. You didn't state what level you made it to or why you couldn't get into your SK though and we might be able to help you fix your problem you were having with getting into your SK.

Warriors are great, as far as 2hander vs dual wield it depends (you will also want to own a shield as well) after level 85? when you have weapon stances there's a bigger difference between 2hander and dualwield as dw has some more defensive benefits. You kinda want the 2 hander dw and sword and board on a bandolier so you can switch between them as needed.

If the merc is keeping up use the 2hander! On nameds and such maybe use dw or sword and board it really depends on how much damage you're taking and what disciplines are available.
    Vlahkmaak and Aenvar like this.