Complete newbie questions

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Necrodotexe, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Necrodotexe New Member

Hello! So I never played Everquest before but I've heard good things. I'm normally a WoW player but I wanted to try something different. I tried it out recently and it really is a lot to understand (Especially that UI oh boy). I was wondering, I'm a RPer, is RP a big thing in this game or is it more like just PVE/PVP?
    Also my request is if there are any server/guilds recommended for new players, I think I would learn better if I had someone to actually play with and show me the ropes, if its ok!
    Sorry if all these questions have been answered before, like I said I'm super new and I really want to get into this game!
  2. Protagonist Tank

It's not really much of a thing. I won't say it never happens, but it's mostly just middle aged dudes using the word "aye" unironically.

If you're going to play on Live (free servers that go up to the current expansion), Firiona Vie is the best choice. It has the highest XP rate, free trade loot, and the highest active population. There are a couple of long term guilds there that take new players, but honestly - you're going to be playing solo for a long while, even in a guild. The game is old, and top heavy. If that doesn't dissuade you, welcome. :)
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

The thing they never tell you about FV is once your there you are stuck there. You cannot transfer from FV to any other server if you want to. BristleBane has a pretty healthy population with people on at all hours.
  4. Derpinator Journeyman

You may want to consider joining the fresh TLP server that begins 26 of May, its a bit of an oddball server but since you don't know EQ anyway, it makes no difference for you. There, you will meet tons of other people at the same level and experience the social aspects of the game and not just be stuck lvling on your own.