necro pet good enough tank?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by supermanzinger, Apr 27, 2021.

1. supermanzinger New Member

3 boxing necro/ench/wizard
    I'm having fun leveling up, not necessarly high level content
    do I need to use a tank merc? or is the healer/casterdps/casterdps ok for mercs using the mecro pet to tank? or will he do a bad job with multiple targets?
    do you suggest melee dps mercs instead? reasons behind this?
  2. Nekk Augur

The nec pet should be a good enough tank with the enc slow, but in most occasions you should only be tanking one mob unless u have a tank merc, which in most occasions shouldn't be tanking more than 2 mobs or so. When burning, you can pull other mobs, and root them or mez them, but burning them all down is easier if they don't summon.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

if it were me.

Live server? Put that tank defiant (or better) on your pet, mage stuff (or better) if no defiant.
    Fill every slot (except never back items or shields that can be worn on back) with something that gives stats if possible.

Nec - Heal merc , Enc - Heal merc, Wiz - melee dps merc
    A5 or J5 only
    ALL characters in group on both self and pet Block Spells:
    Complete Heal, Elixir of Healing, Promised Recuperation

Your healers will never run out of mana, and will aggro adds with their heals. They are way tougher than you may imagine. Let them 'off tank' for you.

Necro pulls with snare, sends pet in, or just sit aggros. And off you go.

*edit*
    be aware which pets are your warrior and which are rogue, or the one monk.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

It will be fine for some content but you will likely need 2 cleric mercs and 1 caster merc. You should try a WAR/CLR/ROG mercs. Wizard merc is in a really bad place right now. The Rog merc out DPS's it by a margin. Also WAR merc doesn't require input so it can be more responsive than a Necro pet that requires input, letting you CC on your ENC faster. Mage is also more useful than a Wizard if you are not in married to the Wizard.