Fixed Internally Aaryonar Raid: Grolik's Roar silencing players that are not LoS

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ratalthor, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

All of our shaman do. And a few seem to think they are getting hit and at random, so I don't think that's a factor in this case.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Lianeb Augur

We had our shaman (usually the class silenced) drop pact of the wolf for this raid this week.
    None of them reporting getting silenced this week, it could be coincidence though also
  3. Absor Developer

I can't see how it might be Pact of the Wolf. What other things are you doing at the same time as casting that? There has to be some common denominator. I've tried all the things I can think of and can't make it happen, so there must be something that those people are commonly doing or having done to them that makes this happen. Unless it's just a cast of standing in the fire. :)
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

There's actually a spot I have found, slightly northwest of where we plant the banner, which I have never been silenced at. It's on the path where it dips downward a little, east of where one of the auras spawn. It's close to the banner so I can still heal my squad, and isn't in the way of being hit by an aura accidentally.

Yes, this is a bug. We had a guy run down the hallway past the NPC to leave, and still got hit by silence.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Sorry, I thought Lianeb updated this thread.

He doubled checked this week during raids and our shaman without Pact still got hit that week so you are correct.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

We have tanks/clerics getting hit, so it has nothing to do with any shaman, or any class in particular.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Got silenced the other day after sliding behind the rock formation in the middle. Was standing in the dirt path. This has not happened to me since the raid opened.

So no I would say the mechanic is not functioning correctly.
  8. Achillez Elder

We have had a ton of issues with this as well, its almost as though the AE goes out within a large range of wherever he is and not line of sight. Speaking with several other guilds that have beaten this encounter, every other one has had issue with this mechanic in one way or another. Most just pull Grolik as far away from the raid as possible in the NE corner which lands some success.
  9. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    Any news on this? This week felt worse than previous.
    tanith likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will fixes for this make next weeks patch?
  11. Ratalthor Developer

We have a potential fix for this issue in the upcoming June update.
    Thunderkiks, Axxius and kizant like this.
  12. Raccoo Augur

kizant, Duder and zleski like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

1st Aaryonar after the June patch, and it looks like the issue was indeed fixed.

Out of curiosity: what was causing it?
  14. Ratalthor Developer

We updated some of the objects in the environment to properly break LOS.

If anyone still encounters the issue, please let us know.
    Axxius likes this.