Mischief Server looks like it will be the best EQ TLP server ever

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Apr 26, 2021.

1. jeskola pheerie

They want us to "discover" all the nuances of how it works and aren't revealing much more.
    Skuz and Faydra like this.
  2. Moranis Augur

I like the idea of this server simply because it's "different". I think Free Trade is going to really throw a (fun) wrench into things and it'll be interesting to see how it works along the item randomization - especially as it pertains to raiding.

At least all those Rocksmashers will finally get a home and not rot all over ToV!
    Faydra likes this.
  3. Lejaun Augur

I think discover means that they are still working out the details and don't want to get shredded for a month by the Forum warriors if they were to put out all of the rules now.

I also think they will be covertly lurking in these threads and taking an idea here and there as they finish up the server ruleset.
    Herf, Ions and SunDrake like this.
  4. SunDrake Augur

Would be the smart move for all parties. When I first read it I was almost confused - didn't really immediately click with me how cool and different the server had the potential to be. Watch Zaide's stream and the hype becomes real.
    Faydra likes this.
  5. Mashef Augur

I wanted a creative and fun this server. This is close and intriguing but misses the mark a little for me. Love the concept though but I imagine it being chaotic and almost unplayable for me until Luclin. Without that bazaar life to buy and sell goods its rough. Going to be hard to get items you want. Just doing 70 Dains and Zlandicars a week to hope for AoW/Vulak loot isn't my cup of tea. Same goes for Luclin, just farming anything that level matches with AHR infinitely. Getting 3-5 accounts to permanently farm junk raid mobs is a snoozer here.

I think its a really cool change for rare mobs on the group level. Glad they are trying something and hope they continue to do so and get something closer in line with what I would enjoy down the road.
  6. Stix Man Elder

I think overall the server seems quite fun. I do wish we got more time in classic.

The only thing I am worried about is if something goes wrong with the server, then it impacts us even more. With 3 months of classic, losing 1 or 2 weeks to queues wasn't the end of the world. With 1 month of classic... Not being able to log on for the first week seems a bit annoying.
  7. Jontrann Augur

Gotta admit that im impressed with daybreak, didn't expect anything except coirnav 4.0 but they proved me wrong so i'll definitely be checking out mischief.
    Faydra likes this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Eventually, but there are only so many places in the first month to get exp dude. Once you hit 44, you have limited options.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

It says that rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion. That would imply to me that gimblox is open.
    Random Loot Enabled
    • The Mischief server is a new experimental server that randomizes loot.
    • Rare NPCs will drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • Raids will drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
    • We may add other special case randomization.
    • Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning
  10. Gnothappening Augur

People will learn things, but they will just be learning what you said earlier about named density. Number of rare mobs and their level range will be the name of the game.

What I wonder is if this will screw up Kazam? Will they not update loot for this server, have a special section, etc.?
  11. Faydra Augur

I'm glad they will have a second overflow server on standby. At least they've learned something from prior launches.
  12. Lejaun Augur

I'm hoping, for the sake of those that plan on playing the server, that they take it a step further and just have a second server available to play on from the moment it launches.

TLPs have been notorious for being overcrowded and having login issues / player throttling from the launch. They would do a big service to the players, as well as nipping a lot of the complaints early, but avoiding the mass TLP rush.

As long as they state clearly that the servers will merge at a certain date / threshhold, people will be happier.
    Faydra likes this.
  13. Faydra Augur

That's probably the best bet. It will encourage guilds to pre-plan and spread out a bit between the two as well. Possibly one geared more towards higher competition, vs. one wanting to operate a bit more casually.
  14. Lejaun Augur

And then merge down the road as populations dwindle, creating a very healthy server for the long term. I certainly see more benefits than negatives to this, assuming that they can do server merges smoothly still.
    Faydra likes this.
  15. brickz Augur

I don't think gimblox counts as rare. He's not on the list for the Sol A hunter achievement. When they say "rare npcs" it means all the ones that con rare with the gold text. Maybe he cons that way and just isn't part of hunter. Not going to farm him to find out
  16. Lejaun Augur

It will be fun when more data is out (such as level range) and people figure out what potential items might possibly drop off of what creatures.

There will be a ton of speculation until then.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

To be fair, they might not randomize epic loot parts. Who knows? I am looking forward to this!
    Faydra likes this.
  18. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Dreamweaver already said that if the second server is needed that it will only be temporary, it will remerge in to the main server once the population rush is over.
    Faydra likes this.
  19. Lejaun Augur

My gut feeling is that epic key/quest items should remain on their original NPCs, or at least be some sort of zone-wide, but without actually experiencing this type of server before, its hard to say for sure.
  20. Kylo Classic Augur

Hopefully they will add LORE to all loot drops now.
    Skree likes this.