farming AC augs on Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zinth, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Zinth Augur

it sounds like a nightmare for tanks to get AC augs on Mischief, knowing where to go and just "survive the grind" is one thing, it being totally random which one of 100's of items you can make it VERY hard to get your augs filled out...
    Elite_raider likes this.
  2. Pikallo Augur

Of all the potential pitfalls with the random loot, this is the one you picked?
  3. Xanadas Augur

Bristlebane be Praised! ... and cursed...
  4. Kutsuu Augur

You're just going to have to be more active in the bazaar. Grind loot, sell what you don't need, buy what you do need.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  5. Elite_raider Augur

Every class "needs" AC (or HP) augs though if the slot is not filled with anything else, this will be a nightmare for tanks.
    Zinth likes this.
  6. Karhar Dream Crusher

If the price is right, a non ac loving class can sell said aug and buy an aug for their class.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Zinth Augur

well pick your own? that one was an obvious one I saw...
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Machen New Member

It illustrates the problems with the whole system.

Replace AC aug with CoS or shrink wand or any other item that classes need to have to do their job and in the past could just go sit down and farm.
  9. Hypnotix00 New Member

No one knows how this is going to work yet, stop the stress. It's probably going to be like 50% original loot table chance, 50% random loot chance. Will it take longer with this method? Yes, but it's not the end of the world.
  10. Faydra Augur

There are very few items that are 'mandatory' for a class to function. You named two. I promise you CoS will be readily available for people to buy and trade, it will drop all over the place for people who had never intended to camp it and don't need it for their class. They'd rather sell it and make some plat or kronos.
    Nolrog, HoodenShuklak and Skuz like this.
  11. Machen New Member

It's not going to be regularly available, for the same reason the ac augs won't, unless the devs adjust its drop rate. CoS is another item that is camped 24/7 for the entire time that is available. The server will have far less CoS than a normal server would at the point it gets nerfed.
  12. yerm Augur

They said server has increased rares. Bodyguard is relatively low level and so someone churning I wanna say com or probably other places will see it. There are a handful of items down in that range and its likely farmers will blitz whatever proves to be the ideal grind for em, just like in classic you will probably see 30 loot churned.

The whole point of the server appears to be that you DON'T go park on an item. You spread out and you buy/trade. Tanks cannot sit on ac aug camp. They can buy them. Sks can't camp bodyguard. They can buy a cos. Go do other things.
    Kutsuu and code-zero like this.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Imma be getting my BHR aug from harbingers spire.
  14. Zinth Augur

rather just sell crap I don't need but not having to constantly buy every single item I need ;-)
  15. Pikallo Augur

I agree, that was my whole point. It was oddly specific.
  16. Tierdal Augur

Well I guess that will make this server not great for the 6 people who make it far enough where tank augs are something you farm in group content. lol.
    Nickatropolis and Machen like this.
  17. Lejaun Augur

I could very well be wrong, but I suspect this unique ruleset will boast a very healthy population for a long time to come.
  18. Kutsuu Augur

It's understandable for people who just ride the yearly TLP wave to think that the servers they left are all together dead, but they tend to see a good population revival around TSS. We had a whole lot of active raiding guilds and players on Phinny around that era, and Mangler is looking no different.

That said, I don't know how well this loot system is going to hold up into later expansions. Could be a lot more frustrating than it is convenient.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, first AC augs are not even gonna show up until LDoN & GoD anyway - by then the player-base will have trimmed down some and the devs can tweak drop rates if there are gaping holes in certain areas.

I think its a case of see what happens & if the AC aug availabilty actually is problematic do some forumquesting, for all we know there could be plenty of AC augs floating about & they end up being dirt cheap.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

So sorry we won't see you there.