Halfling Heritage Crate Spoilers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ZenMaster, Apr 17, 2021.

1. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Preliminary spell test data. Credit to EQResource.

Here are the spoilers:

Illusion: Rivervale Deputy
    [IMG]
    (Image Credit: Allakhazam)

Mount: Mischievous Mottled Mutt
    (Best guess based on EQ2's 'Patchwork Howler' model)
    [IMG]
    (Image Credit: EQTraders)

Art Collector Achievement Teleport (?): Teleport: Chessboard Room
    [IMG]
    (Image Credit: Allakhazam)

Critter Collector Achievement Familiar: Unknown

Preliminary spell data on Test from EQResource:

New Spell - Pry Open the Halfling Heritage Crate

New Spell - Familiar: Bixie Buzzer

New Spell - Familiar: Enchanted Pie

New Spell - Familiar: Kithicor Treant

New Spell - Familiar: Xorbb's Minion

New Spell - Familiar: Runnyeye Defender

New Spell - Summon Mischievous Mottled Mutt

New Spell - Teleport: Kithicor's Cabin

New Spell - Teleport: Xorbb's Throne Room

New Spell - Teleport: Fool's Gold Tavern

New Spell - Teleport: Great Wall of Serilis

New Spell - Teleport: Runnyeye Prison Cell

New Spell - Teleport: Chessboard Room

New Spell - Illusion: Rivervale Deputy

New Spell - Illusion: Rivervale Deputy

Gyurika Godofwar and Benito like this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Mottled Mutt is a dalmatian
    ZenMaster likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Either way it looks awful.

Wish they wouldn't add mounts for models we don't see in the wild. That said I'd hate to see this one out there.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We can’t have a Dalmatian mount but we can have the monstrosity that is the new spectre illusion instead of the original spectre model (Efreeti Death Visage)? You always counter me for the original spectre model.

Point is - artistic tastes are subjective. Many will like the mount.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The spec illusion you don't like was the current spec model at the time, so makes sense that it was the illusion for that item not the older version.

Adding something which feels out of place, the same as the bunnies, the same as the other brightly coloured mounts. This model would more than likely feel at home in somewhere like Morrels Castle with spotted rabbits, but in the general feel of EQ it looks out of place.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Devs are reintroducing old models for illusions. The point is there are subjective tastes for artistic direction. One person shouldn't take precedence (in the same way you address my preference for old spectre). I've even said Efreeti Death Visage should cycle between the old and new models to get people interested in the quest line.

The whole aesthetic purity argument was destroyed with the SoL, GoD, OoW, and VoA expansions. Some people absolutely love discordlings and Alarans (I mean aliens, really?) models. I thought it absolutely ruined the traditional Medieval feel.

I've taken a "big tent" stance on EQ's art (short of explicit cross-overs and collaborations to other games or movies that Fortnite does).
    Coagagin likes this.
  7. Riou EQResource

It's a new model no one, but the Devs have seen fully, how can it look awful :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Happyfeet V91 New Member

I've been asking for a Halfling Guard illusion for like 5 years, I'll take a free one since it was my idea. Thanks guys
    Gyurika Godofwar and Zynt like this.
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

Was really hoping for a black hacker hoodie type of illusion or cowl completely obscuring the face. (*smirk*)
  10. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

My dog is a Dalmatian irl. I look forward for it.
    Riou and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. seber Augur

I stop buy them after brids lol.
    bortage likes this.
  12. Sobmre Augur

take my money
    bortage likes this.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Illusion: Rivervale Deputy pairs well with the Refurbished Puppet familiar and 'Deputy' prefix title from Title Pack: Guards. Canine familiars and rapier weapon ornaments will also complete the look.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Shameless WTB Rivervale Deputy illusion on Luclin Server. Willing pay 3-4 Krono or higher depending on the market. I will leave my character name when it releases. But feel free to PM me here too.
  15. Iven the Lunatic

Again no Wood Elf heritage crate. :( I bet it will be the last one of the series.
  16. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Have you ever been to the Temple of Life in Qeynos? The game didn't even pretend to be in a medieval setting.
    Riou likes this.
  17. Iven the Lunatic

Classic EQ was a mix of medieval and high fantasy elements but the medieval aspect was rather small and the mix very unique and fascinating. Basically medieval elements are a part of most high fantasy worlds. While SoL is an amazing expansion the game world changed with it and received a new concept. More medieval elements could not hurt tho. Things like the Mischievous Mottled Mutt are not my taste but alot kids will like them. Following the money....
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree in principle. (I was responding to Yinla’s opinion that EQ has a specific mold).

I do feel the flying saucer was an exception. Verant/SOE probably put it in there so they wouldn’t be sued by J.R.R Tolkien’s estate or DND. :)
  19. Azurefrost Elder

A bit disappointed that the illusion is another city guard. They could of used another creature that had ties to halfings. Just like the dwarf one could of been a cool Unrest Dwarf Ghost. =(
    I am interested to see what Familiar: Enchanted Pie looks like though lol
  20. Riou EQResource

City Guards are great because they are unique armor/looks of the base Races