Mangler xp, why?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Chainsaw_Massacre, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Lejaun Augur

Again, I'm not taking a dump in every thread. I'm pointing out that there will be a greater problem with kill stealers on this server, and that CS is going to be busier than normal. It's pretty simple, whether you like it or not. Addressing it now lets Darkpaw figure out a solution to it now rather than being flooded when then server opens up.

You're the one getting offended that I'm bringing up some of the problems it will have on a server that you've obviously fallen heavily in love with.
  2. RABKkehhalla Elder

They should have made this a sullon zek server as well! Extra mischief!
  3. Montag Augur

I can't be arsed to do mangler speed exp again so I'll be skipping this one.

Good luck everyone else. :)
    Herf likes this.
  4. Montag Augur

Except people with both jobs and families.

Much faster than normal is needed.
  5. Lejaun Augur

I don't know. I have both and haven't had any troubles leveling up my characters with these exp rates. I have a full guild, most of whom also fit that who have leveled up.
  6. Karrbon_175 New Member

While that is great for you that is not at all my experience. I have played almost every single TLP and always eventually fall behind. It’s extremely frustrating and I for one pray the experience rate is increased.
    Cohhfarmage likes this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

EQ is just one of those games that relies heavily on the grind. It's part of the appeal for most players I would guess, despite the complaints about it.
  8. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  9. Lejaun Augur

Hi !!! Sorry about your loss of vision and going blind.
  10. Trevalon Augur

pretty disappointed with the Mangler EXP rate. I firmly believe after almost all TLPs that the number one more requested feature is a faster EXP rate.

especially with a shorter Classic/Kunark. Really should be faster than Mangler. If you don't want to make it Live or Selo rates, do another speed that is somewhere between Mangler and Live.

Overall I am just kinda meh on the new server. The Loot changes are interesting depending on how it works, not a huge fan of the Free trade, but its whatever, but I do like the Unlock schedule and severely disappointed in the exp rate.

I dunno, I think Im gonna be there this time, but as I've been saying, that all depends on how the server works. If it is anything like Aradune I just won't physically be able to play. It took me 6 weeks to get to 50 on Aradune due to my RL schedule conflicting with Daybreaks Queues, if were already in Kunark before I hit 50, I just don't know if Im meant for that server.

But things can change. Right now I am on the fence with this server, if they make the EXP faster I would definitely be there, but right now, I'm not so sure.

They changed Aradune from a really stupid idea to a much better one...maybe we can convince them a faster EXP rate would be better!
    Cohhfarmage and theonepercent like this.
  11. Vindar Augur

I would have to agree on a faster exp rate, I feel like Selo got it just right.
    Cohhfarmage likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Doesn't need faster than Mangler experience.

Selo was one month unlocks for every expansion, Mischief is 2/3 months like Mangler they just speeded up a handful of expansions to better match the 12/8 cadence being more consistent - LDoN and classic aside.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

You know, for all of the people crying about a faster exp rate, they made two servers for you. One was Miragul (where you started out heroic) and the other was Selo. How well did those two go compared to regular TLP based servers? Also, do you know how much money they would lose on exp potions if they made the exp rate too fast? Most people spend money on three things, bags, krono, and exp potions, with a small bump in race change scrolls once kunark drops.
    Baratu likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

in fairness to miragul had that not been a truebox server it could have been a whole other story and far more successful. truebox killed it before it could even get going.
    Tweakfour17 and jeskola like this.
  15. Brunlin Augur

there will be level 50's less than 40 hours after server launches......So....what about.....no...... to faster xp. A super casual will be 50 in 2 weeks and that's with out them even trying.
  16. theonepercent Augur

Balancing the game around a few no lifers is more than stupid.
    +1 to more xp.
    Cohhfarmage and Appren like this.
  17. Herf Augur

There is no mention of them making ZEM equivalent across zones, only loot. So the higher ZEM zones will be crowded by normal players, and the other zones will presumably be populated by krono farmers.
  18. Herf Augur

You might like World of Warcraft :)
  19. Lejaun Augur

A few? A huge portion of the server will be maxed level in a week or two. Everquest is and always has been a game that you have to put some time into to reap its rewards. That includes spending a lot of time xping.
  20. Zinth Augur

but 1 is larger than 2/3 (two thirds) or ya mean 2-3 (2 to 3)?