gold silver and copper

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by melemayhem, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Don't throw a fit on the forums and demand an enormous change to the game because you made a mistake. Own up to it and move on like an adult.
    Sagarmatha, Celephane and Skuz like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Even veterans starting fresh on a different server without a krono-reserve, needs to buy spells and bags before level 10.
    Even if it isn't your first character, you might not be able to start out rich.

And design choices that makes it hard for newbies to enjoy the game, are poor business-choices.
    Everquest needs more newbies, not less!
    Celephane and Skuz like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

TLP servers (2 a year) all new chars, need low level spells.You can class anyone on a new server as a new player as they are new to that server.

There is also a lot of TS stuff which costs a few silver, which would be messed up if you get rid of the lower currencies.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

My son just started playing 2 weeks ago. He won't let me hep him, not even with some plat for his spells (he picked drakkin necro).
    Celephane, Yinla and MasterMagnus like this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

7. Iven the Lunatic

Nope, but I did now. Its still possible to establish a new higher currency which would be NOT based on copper. Nobles are a bad feature because of the tax and its poor integration. Diamonds would be perfect as they are already in the game, do drop alot from mobs and have an NPC vendor value of 200 pp. They just have to be integrated into the inventory currency bar where they will go to instead into the inventory slots/bags. Like other alternative currencies they could be easily toggled between inventory items and a currency. It is also possible to integrate diamonds as a currency into the bazaar functions. As example a Krono worth 2.3 mio pp would be the same as 11.500 diamonds. For the player characters (the market) it would take just a few weeks to build up a diamond pool when they are no longer getting sold to NPC vendors and its already an optional currency that just has to be integrated better.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

This is in player hands. I just checked my baz mule, and I could set up buy lines using anything in my inventory as compensation, it did not need to be traditional P, G, S, C. The difficult part would be getting an agreed upon value for diamonds. NPCs sell them at 210p (ok 1 copper less) but once that became the basis for trades, you know that there would be people buying every one they saw on vendors to drive the price up by keeping supply low. that's not the case with PGSC as they are hmm.. I don't want to say controlled by EQ, but.. at least we all have a perceived value of them for the economy of EQ.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Don't forget to factor in charisma in the value of items. That would also be affected since it may only be a few copper difference but not everyone gets or sells the same price at npc's.
  10. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I thought Charisma didn't affect prices on Live anymore, just TLP.
  11. Zarkdon Augur

Even if it does, the stats are maxed to easy now nobody over level 30 would see a difference.
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Charisma still affects pricing on Live.

Level 1 toon with 75 Charisma, a diamond is 226p2g4s6c

Same toon with Infusion of the Faithful running, a diamond is 209p9g9s9c

Since all toons now have Veteran rewards on Live, it's not really an issue unless you don't think about it. But charisma still affects prices at lower levels of Charisma.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I want to say it is something like 115 charisma to max pricing? Something like that.
  14. KarmaKitty Augur

Ah, the good old days.

Picking up discarded coppers at the druid ring, because it was worth it.

... and gating back to the banker when you could no longer move.

Having a set of CHA gear to swap on when buying/selling to a vendor, because it was worth it.

That prized hand me down velium weapon (with a cool proc).

o_O
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. KarmaKitty Augur

I thought there was a vendor now that sold unlimited diamonds. Maybe its just the fact they drop like water.
    Nennius likes this.
  16. Laronk Augur

theres lots
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Im hoping they fix the 1 billion pp thingy before i get there lol. What i wish is for them to make stuff off vendors can be bought 1k at a time also you ever try selling to barter something that stackable to 1k but you have to sell 20 at a time whats up with that. Btw they prob cannot just get rid of the copper even if they wanted to something simple is usually not so simple.

Andarriel
  18. Iven the Lunatic

The charisma stat factor is unproblematic as this stat does get maxed at about lvl 60 and PCs below this level will not have much diamonds at all. Remember that diamonds are meant to be an alternative currency for players with higher level PCs and there are still platinum coins available. It does not matter if players would buy them from NPC vendors or in the bazaar for a value that is above 200 pp as more than enough do drop from mobs. Currently they just get sold to NPC vendors and in the bazaar where they get converted into platinum coins. Buying diamonds is only interesting for players that practice tradeskills like jewelry making.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

Is there a reason they can't make a new coin, like a titanium coin, and not tie it to the copper system. Make an NPC they buys/sells Titanium coins for 1 million plat. Then the Baz transactions work on 2 currencies instead of one.

I guess this wouldn't be too much different than making the Baz allow a price of 1 Krono 1,250,000 copper, but by adding a new coin that a NPC converted, the Titanium coin would be server bound and have a locked exchanged rate.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would likely require a lot of work to implement. They did create a new currency that was supposed to solve the problem but that wasn't added to the bazaar and I am guessing there was a reason for it.

The currency they created was called the noble and it is about 1m plat in value but it is "taxed" as the purchase and sell price are different.
  21. KarmaKitty Augur

That tax is why nobody uses them really.