Bristlebane Be Praised - Mischief is coming!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Apr 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herf Augur

Seems like a terribly fast unlock speed for expats though.
    Xanathol likes this.
  2. Finchy Augur

...only classic, kunark, and LDoN are sped up, the rest is standard unlock...
    Sarglahob and Skuz like this.
  3. Vule_Xyrashue Journeyman

If you're camping ancient cyclops to get jboots on this server you're getting exactly what you deserve.
  4. Dilligaf New Member

This is exciting! The only thing I'm not a fan of is True Box...it's obviously a failed experiment. Box armies still exist on True Box servers, and no-trade loot still gets sold so I'm a huge fan of free trade. I just want to be able to box my 2 accounts w/o having to get a 2nd computer or jump through shady hoops. Cheers Dev team!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This sounds cool. I can imagine there might be some serious problems that will require adjustment later on once discovered, but nice job on the creative thinking, Darkpaw.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Boze TLP complaint factory

Oh, a question too: there's a ton of rare flagged mobs in classic and kunark that don't drop any rare loot. Are these going to have a chance to drop other named's loot? Likewise, is there a chance of getting skunked on a named that usually has a guarantee of dropping something rare? Same question for raid trash.
  7. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Excellent idea Niente!
    klanderso and MasterMagnus like this.
  8. sinder New Member

question, can we get plat/money drops that are random too but for all mobs in each level range? This would help improve spreading out camps
  9. Jabnael New Member

Can we get more details on the "similar levels" for rare and raid loot distribution? Is it a range ex. mobs lvl 30-35 can drop loot from any other rares that fall in that level range, or is it loot from rare mob "xxx" can drop from other rare mobs +-X amount of levels from its level.
  10. dreamweaver Community Manager

There are certain things we'd rather you all discover for yourselves when playing on the server. But if that is a question I can answer before launch I will.
    Duder and code-zero like this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Same answer as above.
    Boze likes this.
  12. Azurefrost Elder

Imagine going to PoS and infinitely spawning Spiroc Lord and getting all the raid loot you need. Only limited by how long people want to mindlessly spawn that mob xD
    Rondor likes this.
  13. Herf Augur

My worry about the loot system is this: let's say you are used to going to a grocery store for food, Best Buy for appliances, and Michaels for painting supplies. But now if you go to the grocery store they might only have paints and brushes in stock, BestBuy might have the food (depending on when you go) and Michaels will have appliances...

If that's the kind of stuff that happens with the Bristlebane loot system, that's not so cool.
  14. Aiona Augur

Well, you've peaked my interest ;)

Thanks for coming up with this one.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  15. Elaye New Member

That is exactly what this loot system is. The named rare and raid mobs will drop random loot based on a table of monsters of a "similar" level. It would be nice if we could get a clear definition of what "similar level" is, but you are no longer going to be camping Efreeti for Golden Efreeti Boots, for example.
  16. Adlarac New Member

This sounds really interesting, looking forward to it!
  17. SunDrake Augur

Edit: upon re-reading, my post sounded snarky, and that wasn't my intent.
    Herf likes this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

This may have lit a tiny spark in what had become a dark room for me. Well done!
  19. Herf Augur

Hopefully it's not completely random. In fact, I sort of hope it's only shared loot tables within a zone, rather than worldwide by lvl. Example: the Jester in Kurns can drop the IBC. If other named there could also drop it that's fine. But if the Kurns can also drop stuff from (...where...) Unrest, that would be somewhat annoying.

As for free trade: I've never been on FV servier, but wouldn't this mean that farmers might monopolize epic drops to sell?
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Where is the fun in that? Sounds like it will be much more interesting to make for all npcs in the expansion so it shakes up which zones get camped. It should help drive people to a lot of underused zones.
    Sarglahob, ForumBoss and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.