Future TLP- Casual Friendly, Hardcore Difficulty

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Yakita, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Yakita New Member

Meet your playerbase at the age and point in life that most now find themselves... loving the content and nostalgia, but unable to commit to the time-sink of repeatedly farming the same DZ raids to overcome the RNG. The waxing and waning of quality raiders follows a burnout-comeback cycle that is all too common.

1. Raids can now only be completed once per character, ever. Rather than a 1-week or 3-day lockout, give a permanent lockout for that raid. No more farming DZ raids. OW raid targets respawn as usual for the expansions where this applies.

2. Expansions unlock 2-4 weeks after an endgame boss is first killed, depending on level cap increase. Give people a break before the push to clear the next expac, but not so long as to create a lull and disengage.

3. Raid targets that give a lockout give all participants /claimable rewards, instead of any dropped loot (keep the armor ornaments though!). If a raid target above has a couple of ultra-rare items in its loot table, every character may pick 1 of those PLUS 2-3 items from the more common portion of its loot table. Once you claim the reward, you've reaped the benefits of your one-time raid encounter.

4. Raids are tuned to be much harder. Make it challenging, if not impossible to multi-box raid targets. Make it very difficult for someone to farm just to sell /claim slots for Krono. Essentially, tune the difficulty to make it require a combination of skilled raiders, prepared/equipped raiders, and luck to succeed. It should be rare for any raid force to complete an end-game boss on its first encounter. Bring back the possibility (if not probability) that encountering an expansion boss will result in failure, since the rewards are guaranteed.

Sure, a well-apportioned guild might run through end-game DZ content 2-3 times using different characters, and some boxing might make it through. Guilds that are determined to be competitive and give members even more choices from loot tables can do so through OW content.
  2. Faydra Augur

Hard pass.
    Nolrog and Duder like this.
  3. Getsmurfed Journeyman

Yikes - how is essentially removing DZs casual friendly? Have you ever played on P99? Raid scene definitely not casual friendly.
    Duder and Bobbybick like this.
  4. Appren Gnomercy

"Raids can now only be completed once per character, ever. Rather than a 1-week or 3-day lockout, give a permanent lockout for that raid. No more farming DZ raids. OW raid targets respawn as usual for the expansions where this applies."

Sorry guys, I missed this sundays raid, but I will be ready for the next one! Can't wait to get a chance at that awesome weapon! What do you mean you can't do the raid again? I have to solo it?
    Duder, Getsmurfed and Faydra like this.
  5. brickz Augur

i enjoy the seasonal bizarre server suggestion threads before they pop out the yearly phini clone
    Faydra and Appren like this.
  6. Machen New Member

Keep playing past pop and eventually you get to this. There is no chance they are going to go back and recreate every early expansion raid encounter with new versions that have more challenging mechanics, and most people wouldn't like the result if they did.
    Duder and Tweakfour17 like this.
  7. GRACUS Lorekeeper

your Idea of "Casual Friendly" is seriously out of touch with the casual player base and is a little delusional in my opinion.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Yakita New Member

Have not played p99, but removing DZs was not at all my suggestion. Instead, let DZs provide uncontested one-time content with a great RvR
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

One time only DZ?

So once your server reaches PoTime it closes?

Because after that everything is pretty much in DZ, and not being able to repeat them will mean no player will have enough gear to beat the next expansion's content by that point.

Very bizarre idea of casual-friendly.
    Duder likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Or starting in SoFish, not enough flags to progress to Tier 2
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Ishbu Augur

Why do you think this is what the playerbase is comprised of?

A majority of players playing on these TLPs past the initial launch are in guilds that do weekly DZs 2 or 3 nights a week, and do not require 100% attendance at all. Most have done some version of it on a previous server and voluntarily choose to do it again.

Its not really a time sink at all, thats just a tired trope originally born out of envy of other people's play times.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Getsmurfed Journeyman

On P99 they essentially have the same system you're pushing if you remove the single DZ of uncontested. What happens for your entire guild worth of bards when your only free Talendor / Ragefire don't drop red scales? The game is horrifically toxic when a new keying process occurs and that's typically a system where a new key can be completed every hour or two. Can you imagine every single class getting held up on their epics competing for a CHANCE on a mob that only respawns every few days? Epics shouldn't be so common place, but the P99 POV where there's nothing you can do for your epic unless you're in the top guild is pretty depressing.
    Duder likes this.
  13. Yakita New Member

Split raid, raid content farming, and especially DKP are symptoms of a system that keeps players on a hamster wheel of trying to "luck" into getting loot they've earned man
    Hence why I suggested that raid mobs drop several items for EVERY player present. Every bard present for that kill could get their Scale.
  14. Thez69 Elder

oh ur for real? lol

ive seen sarcastic server suggestions more appealing
    Duder likes this.
  15. Yakita New Member

Loot would not be in short supply. Every raider present would get 2-3 items per raid boss, of their choice. For example, every raider would get 2-3 items of their choice for every diety in PoTime, for a total . Every raider would get 2-3 pieces of gear for every boss in Demi. Every event in Razorthorn, and Deathknell. Gearing up for the next expansion wouldn't seem to be the barrier...
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah let's completely revamp most of the core gameplay loop to encourage people to do every raid exactly once then AFK until the next expansion comes out since they can only do every raid exactly once.

You can't actually think this is a good idea, this is some Miragul-tier level of planning.
    Appren, Duder and Skuz like this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Your idea of 2-3 claimable items from each boss in a one time DZ will never be accepted by the devs, you are completely subverting the primary game loop.

One & done PoTime? absolutely ridiculous.

You sound like you're having a daydream, or an aneurysm.
    Duder likes this.
  18. a_librarian Augur

man all these posts of people begging daybreak to make the game content they've played too many times less stale and boring; begging for the next round of servers where they can ride the hype to forget how dull the gameplay rapidly becomes. This is truly a cursed place.

remember to buy bags.
    Koshk likes this.
  19. Iyacc Augur

This right here. If you don't farm some DZs to get a good gear spread, most guilds are not going to beat the next expansion. This server would be dead by Gates because you definitely aren't beating Gates practically naked except maybe the 1% of the 1%ers. Only a couple guilds would progress very far and that would be the racing guilds - definitely not the casuals.
  20. Febb Augur

Good lord, I've seen some terrible ideas but this one is up there as one of the worst.
    Skuz likes this.