rogues will be overpopulated on new TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Rcbauer Augur

that'll be a welcome change.

Let's see if they make bst and bers available from the get-go.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

A beastlord can't get their epic until the expansion they are released and it is possible it might be the same for berserkers as well due to expansion flags and that is a big problem for players.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

You keep saying it's a big problem, but it really isn't. There's tons of weapon alternatives for both classes in Kunark and Darkpaw can easily put a disclaimer notification when you create a character (this already exists for Aradune relating to boxing) that the epics for those classes are not potentially available.

The players that want to play those classes would gladly take the tradeoff of not having an epic over having to play a different class for 2-5 expansions.
    Sendori, Skuz, Boze and 3 others like this.
  5. Lejaun Augur

Yup. A beastlord will do just fine using something like a Serpent's Tooth in Classic, a Stave of Shielding and/or Sebilite Croaking Dirk in Kunark, Primal weapons or dwarf hammer or Tunare Fists or Vulak Rock and many more in Velious.

A berserker can get by just fine with a Mithril 2-hander in Classic, an Argent Protector or something in Kunark, A Rocksmasher or Facesmasher or Axe of Slaughter or whatever in Velious. A number of weapons just in Ssra for Luclin, and so on.

It's pretty simple to release a statement: Beastlords and Berserkers will be available at the start of the TLP launch. WARNING: Beastlord and Berserker epics will not be available until the expansion they are launched. No exception or debate on this.

Plenty of players who want to play those classes will have no problem gearing up and being without their epic.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You are saying people won't be pissed that they can't get their epic until it is useless? Sure there might be better gear for the top end raiders but the epic is a prime item for a lot of people. Sure some won't mind but there will be plenty of others that will complain about not being able to get the epic done until the proper expansion launches.

And besides a dev isn't likely going to want to release a class that can't get it's epic like other classes.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

That's like saying people will be pissed because they can't get defiant armor starting in classic, it's a non-argument based around feelings people MIGHT have. If you give players upfront information about what is and isn't available then if they complain it's on them and the community will let them know they are in the wrong.
    Sendori, Skuz, Kutsuu and 2 others like this.
  8. Lejaun Augur

Exactly. There will be a few that complain, but then again those same types of people will complain about everything.

As long as Darkpaw is upfront about what is and isn't available, it will be fine.
  9. Ramathorn New Member

If this was a problem, enchanter wouldn’t be number one class. That epic sucks with all the poop socks and majority of enchanters don’t get the epic. But it’s still the most played class.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

I'm confused. Why are rogues going to be OP? Did I miss something in the patch notes? I didn't see anything rogue specific.
  11. Lejaun Augur

I assume their theory is that rogues will be more popular because Kunark is more friendly to rogues than Classic is.

They are wrong I think in there being rogues everywhere, but just an opinion.
  12. Kiaro Augur

I'm pretty sure they are kidding, and that it's a dig at nerfing the rogue epic to be considerably more difficult/grindy.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. TLP Addict Augur

The vast majority of people asking for Bst/Ber from launch understand the limitations and don't care, as Bobby said, they would rather play the class they want from launch instead of being forced to play some other class for months.

There are plenty of items those classes can make do with. Both classes epics are outclassed by raid weapons in the expansions they release anyway.

People play Rogues and Warriors in classic knowing they are trash. People will play Bst/Ber through classic knowing they will be underpowered, although I suspect Bsts will be quite strong just due to pet dps.

I'm (and I suspect most others) aren't asking them to completely reitemise 2 classes, just flag them as playable and spawn trainers and spell/disc merchants for them for the races that are available
    Sendori, Bobbybick and Skuz like this.