[Bertox] Open Plat Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Apr 19, 2021.

1. FranktheBank Augur

Hello Bertox! We are doing a plat raid on Monday, June 21th - 830pm ET.

The basic idea is that we kill a boss and bid off the loot. We auction-style bid off the item to the highest bidder. You may bid for your character inside or outside of the raid. The plat spent is totaled up and redistributed among everyone who participated, minus 3% admin fee. (Example: If we had 54 mains and the raid earned 223m, everyone would get ~4m plat).

We will be targeting as many ToV encounters as we can - most likely EW1-2, GD, KD1-2.
    Any level 115s on the server are welcome, if we reach capacity, we will bring in classes we think the raid needs to function. If we do not reach capacity, useful boxes will be brought in.

Key points:
    - Bids will only be accepted in platinum, you'll have to convert it before raid.
    - If you are caught boxing and trying to get 2 splits, you will be kicked and banned from all future plat raids.
    - If you are caught afking for extended periods of time without letting me know, you will be warned and/or kicked.
    - Discord is required, we will be using the Faceless discord. If you are not in Discord, you will not receive plat.
    This is the discord link: https://discord.gg/JyvAuXJ - You do not currently need to do anything after you join the discord, we will use Public Voice.

If you have any questions, hit me up in this thread, in game, or on discord, Frankthebank#8754

We had a lot of fun last time, hope you all can make it!
    Skuz, Poppinfresh, Astral64 and 3 others like this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

What a great idea. A night or 2 of raiding could cover an entire expansion worth of armor (materials), spells and various upgrades. A huge help for some players.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Tomorrow! Should be exciting!
  4. Corleone New Member

And with every passing season, so too does TLP disease spread. Wreaking havoc and infecting all in its wake.
    Thundersnake likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Strange take on an optional raid you don't have to attend lol
    Astral64 likes this.
  6. Derd Augur

Not speaking for anyone else but, monetization of raid items to obtain a personal profit just oozes the worst of eq, as does selling loot rights for krono. Just so you don't think its just one type of monetization that just makes the person doing it icky in my view. And it has increased as time goes on as has tlp infestation of everquest.
    Thundersnake likes this.
  7. Lamar New Member

Ya that's fine...you don't have to attend. Some of us enjoy the idea of being able to gear out toons that we normally wouldn't be able to. Spending plat on a raid item is essentially the same as spending dkp...they're both just fake pixel currency. And 'personal profit'? The profit is literally redistributed to everyone that attends so that's kind of moot.
    Fanra and Jennre like this.
  8. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

OP didn't discuss any bribe system for getting Kreben to TDA you during each burn
  9. FranktheBank Augur

Scorn's Secret Strats.

Lamar pretty much covered it. Need a way to incentivize people to show up, even if they don't need the gear.
  10. brickz Augur

This concept predates the current crop of TLPs by many years. Googling "GDKP" gives me results dating back to 2009. So if you want to be a proper curmudgeonly boomer, blame WoW instead of TLPs
    Riou likes this.
  11. Zynt Augur

Yeah, this is not due to TLPs. LoS and PoN (Legacy of Steel and Paradise of Nameless) were doing this on Nameless before some of the folks reading this were out of diapers. There were also guilds doing it for cold hard cash before Krono was a thing.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. FrozenWater Augur

If I raid with my main, can I bid for my alt? My main doesn't need the loot, but I would prefer to play it because my alts are just for fun (and I suck at playing them in any serious capacity).
  13. Astral64 Augur

These are good people doing good things.

They also tend to have fun doing it.

[IMG]
    Azzlann and FranktheBank like this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

Absolutely, its pretty encouraged, especially if your main is well geared and you're gearing up a less-geared box.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

<3
  16. Kreban New Member

I can totally be bought out if only to TDA people during burns. Easiest plat ever!
  17. Gorg00 Augur

Yea to be clear, everyone who comes tonight will be earning platinum whether they spend money or not. We basically take raid dumps periodically, total up all the money spent, and divide it amongst people based on how many "shares" they earned by attending events.
  18. Karhar Dream Crusher

I'll do it for free!
    The real Sandaormo likes this.
  19. Poppinfresh Elder

How did this turn out? Usually these events will prompt a follow-up post saying there was X platinum split between Y players or some such, but it's been a couple days. Honestly just curious.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

We started with 43 mains, ended with 46? The personal who attended the entire got just shy of 1.2m. We were able to do EW 1-2, GD and Kael1. Next time we can easily add Kael2.

Pretty fun, not bad for ~3 hours.
    SunDrake likes this.