Lots of Tunare Server Suspensions this morning. anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain Video Augur

I need to add popcorn to my shopping list.
  2. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

That requires your employer not doing everything publicly before soliciting feedback, if they solicit feedback and don't admit something only after they're caught doing (or not doing) it.

If my company pays our contractors weeks late, we have to accept we just lost them as contractors, forever, and probably have to add a bit of compounded interest onto that check.

If it's someone we're contracted to pay royalties to, someone (usually me) has to do that AND kiss a bunch of 'butt' to make it better.

If we decide to keep users who aren't exploiting a system from using that system for a couple days because our tools arent good enough to know who was or wasn't exploiting it, someone (me again) is spending the next day or two self flagellating and offering massive compensation in emails and phone calls to everyone user and any of our sponsors or manufacturers effected, as it can result in multiple years of contracts being breached, AND can lead to us being blacklisted from other manufacturers in our field.

I would expect someone to come hurtling into my office or reach out via repeated phone and email messages if I'm not there screaming "YOU REALLY NEED TO STOP SOANDSO FROM DOING THIS THING THEYRE ABOUT TO DO", at which time soandso loses all their ability to do that for a while (and probably gets yelled at for not having those safeguards in place before launching, because hello!).

But you know, niche industries with almost no industry accountability can get away with basically anything.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Mon dieu! A person who actually reads and comprehends english, AND works in the real grown up world! Bless you.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And if you have read what I have posted in this thread before Dreamweaver said they are reviewing all the causes where someone got suspended and overturning them if they didn't exploit. But it is also not hard to say you didn't exploit in chat when you did or claim you got suspended when you didn't
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. KrakenReality Augur

You’re in the wrong place if you expect the crowd here to be supportive of DPG being accountable for their actions.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure but should they let it become even worse by taking longer to suspend the people who exploited? The decided to take action as quickly as they could and the only thing more they could have done was take the servers down and rollback everyone.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What does being a player studio artist have to do with anything?
  8. KrakenReality Augur

Nothing you said is wrong, but the reality is an overwhelming majority of the customers don't expect competency from DPG. There's not really a lot of faith in them to make smart, efficient, or correct decisions. Also, there's zero expectation of ever receiving any communication.

They have a one of kind product/experience that a bunch of addicts are desperately clinging in spite of the negligence.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

They spent the time to suspend innocent people instead of taking the time to suspend the correct people.

If you have the nerve to respond to me, please try to focus and remember things that have been said throughout the discussion.

AGAIN. ONCE THE LOYALTY VENDOR WAS REMOVED THE PLAT (and precious economy) WAS NO LONGER AN ISSUE.

They took the wrong action quickly.

It did not solve the problem that had already occurred.

And it did nothing positive for them, it cost them time and money, and it cost them good will with a least a small portion of the community.

I stick by my assessment that was a stupid reaction to take. I apologize for implying anyone that works there is stupid, that is not the case, and I don't think that.

No matter how the white knights white wash the black pig, you ain't making no purse outta that sow's ear.

And that means...still undefeated.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No they did a mass suspension and went back after to check who was innocent and who was guilty, they didn't take any time at all before that. Why are you ignoring the fact that removing the vendors didn't fix anything?
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

It did, albeit rather clumsily, stop further suspicious transactions.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And it did nothing about all the bad transactions that had already taken place which was my point.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Both are true.

and no option or another would change that.

Rolling back would at least remove ill gotten gains that had not yet been off loaded 100% without requiring any investigation.

Engaging in suspensions that then have to be validated or not after the fact is a really, really poor decision. Flat out, no way to argue your way around that.
  14. Sissruukk Rogue One

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
    Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
    The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
    And by opposing end them. To die—to sleep,
    No more; and by a sleep to say we end
    The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
    That flesh is heir to: 'tis a consummation
    Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
    To sleep, perchance to dream—ay, there's the rub:
    For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
    When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
    Must give us pause—there's the respect
    That makes calamity of so long life.
    For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
    Th'oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely,
    The pangs of dispriz'd love, the law's delay,
    The insolence of office, and the spurns
    That patient merit of th'unworthy takes,
    When he himself might his quietus make
    With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
    To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
    But that the dread of something after death,
    The undiscovere'd country, from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?
    Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
    And thus the native hue of resolution
    Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
    And enterprises of great pitch and moment
    With this regard their currents turn awry
    And lose the name of action.
    Nennius and MasterMagnus like this.
  15. KrakenReality Augur

Partially true, they casted a wide net for the suspensions but they didn't ban everyone that interacted with the vendor (confirmed by Dreamweaver in Discord). So this tells you that they already filtered the vendor transaction list prior to the suspension wave. Which means, they lacked the intelligence in the moment to further refine their search/filter for the vendor transaction list.

They're just not competent enough to handle this stuff. Throw in the lack of communication and it just looks especially bad.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

We don't know what the filter was, it could have been making more than a single purchase or something else that we can't see. Sure it sucks that innocent people got caught up in it but at this point there isn't much we can do besides complain about it.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

Well yeah that’s what people are doing is complaining because DPG isn’t competent. It’s difficult to defend them, when they already were reviewing and determining search filters.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'd like to see Dreamweaver's exact statement (quote).

Was he referring to the initial suspensions or to suspensions after investigation? Dreamweaver could be referring to the people who were banned after the un-suspensions.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yet, you are here. It could be time for you to move on from this game.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Khat_Nip like this.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

Why? It still brings in decent money.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.