Lots of Tunare Server Suspensions this morning. anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If you read the whole thread before commenting you would see.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Recall the last time they were late with his check? Starving artist I guess.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Threw a big fuss then didn't I? Pretty embarrassing on my part I admit.

Outspoken to the end, 24 7 365. That all you got?

Nothing like maybe remotely on topic?
  4. puremoon New Member

Wow. Just plain out wow.

Why cant both sides be semi correct based their own narrative? I can understand the reaction flaming from people that didnt exploit, they did what normally do when visiting that NPC. Those suspended account have been reversed.

Those accounts that remain suspended, through the data and inaction with NPC, showing exploitive behavior are still sitting out. Maybe its not 100%, but mostly correct.

In theory, a dude with max loyalist coin could sellout and buy x number of plat bags, that is true? But his behavior suggest he doesnt do that. Based upon being max coin, ie not using that. Log data would show a pattern, and if you place yourself at said npc for x time doing nothing but buying plat bags over and over and over again, well that an exploit. **if goal was exploit the actions of the bug npc, for profit or gain.

Now I have posted saying that is selective enforcement, due to no actions taken to auto bot armies doing way more damage to plat, market system of each server.

Can both be true? Yes an error by DP on actions of an NPC happened. True. Based upon this error, some people knew and some people didnt know, they acted normal. As its been said before, larger scale action was taken by DP based upon inactions with said NPC. A more in depth review has been taken place, and corrections are being made.

While the temp suspended accounts may of impacted people differently as time passes it will very minor. People will be mad, upset, just emotional out of it, just give it a week or 2. It will be ok.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is what they did so I am not sure what you are ranting about. It gets confusing to complain about what they should be doing when you are suggesting that they do exactly what they ended up doing.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It isn't always easy to separate the innocent from the guilty which lead to a broader suspension net and some innocent players got hit. Everything I have seen (and from what Dreamweaver posted on discord) was that they reviewed each case and reversed the ones for players that didn't exploit and kept the ones where it was shown to exploit.

When you run into a situation like this is can quickly spiral out of control by the exploiters in question moving their ill-gotten gains to other characters with various trades and even involving players that had nothing to do with the exploits. In cases like this it is better to over react than be unable to properly respond and possibly have to do a rollback of everyone.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You've missed the point. Completely missed it. To be fair, many, many others have as well.

The response from Darkpaw is the problem. What's next? Banned for buying port stones in Guild Hall and selling them in Cabilis for 1pp profit? Oh, that's already happened. :confused:

Darkpaw/Daybreak - always with the knee-jerk, slash-and-burn, nuke-the-entire-site-from-orbit approach to bugs and we continue to pay them for the privilege. Yay, I guess.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As far as we are aware of no one has been banned for this, some got caught up in suspensions and from what we are aware of those who did not exploit have had the suspension removed. We still don't know what is happening to the people who exploited this and there should be no question that it was an exploit.

As for your example it should already be well known that buying an item at one vendor and selling it at another vendor for a profit is considered an exploit especially when it is an item that the vendor has an unlimited supply of. Game balance quickly gets destroyed if there is an unlimited supply of plat in the game and it makes currency worthless.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You make a good point.

I simply assert it would have been much better for them to suspend nobody, because after removing the loyalty vendor there was no more 'eminent threat'. And immediately begin investigating to suspend actual exploiters.

The damage done, was done, their solution did nothing to fix that, but it did wrongfully suspend innocent people.

Players get it. You can and will be suspended for any reason they choose. Including to 'clean up' mistakes they made.

This is the reality of EQ in 2021 so say many of you. Customer sucks it up, not the company.

Some might call that a 'chilling effect'. Ice shader indeed.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And that would be the problem, it would allow the people who exploited to launder the gains more easily. If they had gained a lot of plat it could have been used to purchase krono or other items from other players. Once that happens your rollback to fix the problem just got a lot larger as the items from exploiter are now spread out among a lot of other players and you won't easily determine who was involved and who was innocent. Taking action right away helps minimize the spread of the damage. After all once you start talking about krono it becomes more troublesome to clean it up.

It is much easier to do whatever it takes to stop it early before it becomes impossible to stop do to how wide the damage has spread.
  11. Tappin Augur

People in General Chat, are claiming that they abused the loyalty vendor, and never got suspended. How does that work it you got suspended for just using the vendor? The whole thing is dumb
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Names and screenshots or it didn't happen.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I already said yes the plat that flowed into the system already did that before they removed the loyalty vendor.

Their choice of action did not change that. Doing what they did, the plat already had entered the system. Doing what I propose, the plat would also have already entered the system.

The difference I propose, they were too stupid to imagine, and you are incapable of grasping, was NOT SUSPENDING INNOCENT PEOPLE.

WHY? Because suspending innocent people gained them nothing. No amount of security was afforded them by doing so. THE PROBLEM ALREADY OCCURED AT THAT POINT WHICH YOU AND I BOTH ACKNOWLEDGE.

Suspending innocent people was a chore that took time. And now is another chore to un-suspend them. Work that never needed to happen, impacts honest players negatively, and benefits them none.

The plat was already exploited, off loaded and turned into real money before they did a thing.

Any character used to exploit for real cash was then sold (packed with loyalty vendor items to sweeten the deal). Or just burned.

It cost the real RMTers nothing. And they are well prepared for just such an occasion.

They made their money, and will get not one single punishment of any consequence to them.

Innocents got suspended. But did that 'save the EQ economy?' NO

Did it have to go down that way? NO

But y'all just keep on the white knighting. Lancelot beat the black knight, you know the king. White knights ain't nothin' to me.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You have to stop calling people stupid (or using adjectives to imply such).

You're going to alienate people (much less win anyone over) or rub folks the wrong way. If you want to edify, you'll use kinder words. If you want to be snarky, there's better ways about it. (See how Tappin is stubborn but doesn't escalate mono-a-mono).

You are a community leader in a sense: Player Studio artists ought to be held to a higher standard of conduct.

Daybreak sends you paychecks and you're calling them stupid? :rolleyes:
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Seriously man?

Dreamweaver, the devs, and JChan know right where to reach me if they had the slightest issue with it.

And I am the only Player Studio artist left around here who comments on anything more often than once a year. The others that are actually still engaged with EQ in any way fly much more under the radar. You're stuck with me.

If any of them had a single issue with what I say, they'd speak up.

When I 'raised-the-big-fuss-about-our-checks-being-late' that was mentioned earlier in the thread. The Player Studio artists knew I was advocating on all our behalf, and taking any heat that may come to me because of it. And I did it out in the open for all to see.

And what probably none of you know, it's not the first time I had to raise a stink to get them to send our checks.

Raising a stink always works for me, and I have none the less reputation with anyone there because of it. Because they knew they were in the wrong. They hopped right on getting those checks sent out. And after my last epic stink. They've been right on time.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Got issues? PM the appropriate folks.

Reframe your responses. Show some respect. That's all.
  17. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

If you do something nonsensically stupid, the first set of people calling you out for that should 100% be people you are paying money to.

Because if it gets to the point where people who are paying YOU are the ones calling you out, you have done 'messed' up badly, and in the overwhelming majority of industries, means you're paying more for damage control (and/or sanctions) than you would have lost by not doing said stupid thing.
    Zynt and MasterMagnus like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Of course I'm too smart to push it after being warned.

And Dreamweaver is well aware of that.

I assure you, if there were a problem, Dreamweaver will speak with me, and I will comply. Because that's how I roll.

I don't get banned.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

General chat is never a good source for backing up your logic.
    I wouldnt trust general chat if they said the sun was round.
    Jennre and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I would offer feedback to my employer privately first. Maybe that's just old fashioned values and common sense.

Or, best to completely separate ties if it gets to that point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.