Loyalty vendors missing....

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tatanka, Apr 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treyos New Member

All will be fine. People don't get so upset, they'll straighten it out and all will be well. What are some people gonna do the day EQ craters, and they pull it offline permanently? Might be a good time to consider that scenario
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I was responding to Zanamar and our battle of analogies.

I know you are anxious. I'd go to the gym if this happened to me.

Do you put Fedex or UPS on blast or file a claim every time US Customs holds your package for 3 days? Of course not. Think of the temporary suspension as playing your part in keeping our gaming community secure.
  3. Diablass New Member

Yes. Actually. If I was paying UPS and they lost their truck, then told me I can't use UPS anymore.. yes. I'd absolutely put them on blast. This is 100% EQ's fault. Blanket suspending accounts like this is intellectually lazy AND they didn't let anyone know. Crap Customer Service. Everyone who got suspended who didn't do anything wrong should get at least a free month. At least. We're paying them for a service, they mess up, then they punish us for it? who the hell does that? And they aren't exactly making tons of money anymore... so pissing off your limited customer base is beneficial how?
    Barraind likes this.
  4. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I know what you were responding to, I just didn't like what you said.

I generally don't order things from overseas, but if I do I expect it to take a month to get here and usually wouldn't even know if customs held it up. But that's irrelevant. Does customs hold up all packages when they have a suspicious one or one that needs to be investigated? Or do they just deal with that package? I don't actually know, but I'm guessing they don't hold up everything.

I'm not yelling at DPG, I'm not telling them they are stupid, or threatening to take my money elsewhere. I'm simply making suggestions as to ways they could handle this better in the future. Maybe they had to do it this way, maybe they could have done it better but made the wrong choice. I don't know, and I don't expect them to tell me. I also don't expect pushback on suggestions that aren't unreasonable, but these are the EQ forums so I guess I should expect it.

Yes, I'm anxious, tonight was one of two nights this week I was going to play. If they don't get me unsuspended in the next few hours that won't happen. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but I'm old and have other crap to do, and my friends can't always be on when I can. Any night we can play together instead of by ourselves is a good night. Either way I'm going to spend most of the weekend working on my house, like I did last weekend, and some nights this week. But it would be nice to have some fun tonight before I get into that mess.

I actually feel worse for people like Fred_Bear who got kicked in the middle of a raid. Again, these people did nothing wrong, but they are being punished because other people did, and the enforcement mechanism is not refined. If I could just punish the exploiters myself I would, but I think hacking into DPG and taking personal data to exact some revenge would probably get me a more permanent suspension. ;)
  5. Xeryus New Member

Update: My account has been reactivated.

Did I got any mail why it has been suspended?
    Nope.
    Did I got any mail when it has been reactivated?
    Nope.
    Did I got any update on my CS ticket?
    Nope.
    Any apology from their side?
    Nope.
    Any proposal for a compensation for the unjustified suspension?
    Guess what: Nope.

Customer service at its worst.
    I only recently came back to this game after an 18-years-break. So far I had fun, but such a behaviour is unacceptable for me. As a first consequence I canceled the subscription on my secondary account. If this radio silence continues I will do the same on my primary account.
    Angahran likes this.
  6. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

You should be getting a response on your CS ticket. They just updated mine:

Total Ticket Time: 8 hours

Looks like they are moving quickly now. At least my Friday is saved. Hopefully they get them all done today.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Kudos to the Darkpaw team. Much earlier than my estimate of 12-24 hours.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Xeryus New Member

Right, just checked - got the same mail. At least some feedback.
  9. Angahran Augur

You suspended people for no reason over a bug you introduced!
  10. MageMage2002 New Member

I am currently trying to start a character on Zek because of the low population and the family-friendly atmosphere there. Having the loyalty vendor dispense a few platinum so that I can enhance my Sunrise Hills home and entertain guests would have been pleasant. But as Darkpaw has removed the Loyalty Vendor, I am troubled.

11. Bigstomp Augur

Makes me worried about other vendors.
    I know a few of us had a running joke for a while during TBL where the vendor would offer us 100 muhbis's and would click yes even though we could only afford one.
    Why would it offer us 100 unless it was ok with us buying 100?

It always failed and said you don't have enough, but would we be banned if it succeeded by saying yes to a default offered to us by the vendor?
    Svann2 likes this.
  12. Fenthen aka Rath

Any ETA on when the loyalty vendor is being brought back? Or is this just our life now with how things get handled in the game?
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Yabbu New Member

I think this has been really handled poorly by the team. You created the problem and then punish people who very well could have accidentally bought things at the wrong time or thought something was bugged or wrong and kept repurchasing something to see if it would change. Whatever it doesn't really matter the point is you can't know for sure that anyone you're banning or suspending did anything with intention , again from a problem you created. I am hearing people on Bristlebane are BANNED not suspended. Players of 20 years, some being top type toons being banned this is outrageous !!. Daybreak if you're trying to kill your game I think you're succeeding. The right thing to do is take everyones stuff away (whatever they couldnt afford with currency) and give them a suspension at most. If you are banning first time offenses because of something you created like this and very easily could have been abused even on accident you're setting a very bad precedent and this would be the worst customer service ever done by any game I can remember. Do the right thing please support team
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Aiona Augur

Oh wow, I was wondering what happened to the vendor. I was trying to complete the tutorial that included talking to her, on my new character on FV.

I am fortunate she wasn't there at the time because I would have spent some of my max royalty (or definitely would have "bought" something that was free!).
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

So much of this is off topic.

Any ETA on getting the vendor back ?
    Nennius likes this.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Typical ham-fisted response of a completely out-of-touch Customer Service department who is more concerned with protocol than their business. Account suspensions for a Loyalty Token issue? If it was that serious, the servers should have been brought down.

Daybreak and Darkpaw completely bungled their response and deserve every single irate customer they have this go-round.
    Fenthen and MasterMagnus like this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Its this simple, like it or not.

12. You will not exploit any bug in EverQuest and you will not communicate the existence of any such exploitable bug (bugs that grant the user unnatural or unintended benefits in game), either directly or through public posting, to any other user of EverQuest. You will promptly report any such bug via the in-game "/bug" command.
    Svann2 and CatsPaws like this.
  18. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yep, they got the right to do anything they want.
    All the customers have the right to think whatever they want about the actions DPG takes.
    They can manage the image of their game company and community well, or, not so much.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  19. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

It's this simple. Like it or not.

DBG and DPG screwed the pooch. Rather than communicating with their player base and taking the servers down, they quietly (secretly) inflicted mass suspensions for a bug that, in all likelihood, the affected player had no idea existed.

Guilty until proven innocent. Not the best way to give your players the warm & fuzzies.

DBG and DPG hosed this one up. I am beginning to wonder if it was on purpose.
    monkypowah likes this.
  20. Angahran Augur

Suspending people for something you screwed up is NOT good customer service!
    Fenthen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.