Lots of Tunare Server Suspensions this morning. anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The debate boils down to people's definition of justice.

It is better to hit the assumptions and foundations (whilst using analogies) than engage in senseless circular exchange without the metacognition of the underlying entrenchment.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have bought a few of your robes and appreciate your work.

I've engaged in real personal debates on EQ2 forums - even having my IP address publicly exposed (revealed by a moderator of a 3rd party EQ2 forum). Nothing really comes to that level on EQ1 forums. We should always pull back when we've aired our points whilst maintaining decorum and respect.

/salute.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Rolling everyone back would be boneheaded, you must enjoy mass punishment with what you are saying. The way they are doing it is a lot more targeted, inconvenient for some a week time out for others that exploited.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

That is absolutely incorrect. You definitely discriminate by those who partook in a potentially exploitative action and not EVERYONE for existing. You have no understanding of how policy enforcement works.
    Duder likes this.
  5. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I was not affected by suspensions, I have quit playing again recently. I wouldn't be affected by a rollback. I "must enjoy mass punishment" just sounds like hyperbole to me.

But I understand a roll back would have been painful to everyone, and as such is not a good option (to most). I think it would have been a good option, for me, and I may be alone in this. But I have no confidence they can correctly restore loyalty tokens. You say suspensions are better, I say rollback is better. I'm willing to concede this is another really bad option though.

I just propose it was another option available, and when we know there will be complaints in any case, there is much more precedent for rollbacks over 20+ years than 'temporary suspensions applied liberally to everyone who touched that npc'.

'More targeted' than what?

I agree rollback is bad.
    I say suspensions were bad.
    Why does nobody try and tear apart where I suggested they:
    "Stop at taking out the loyalty vendor, and start suspending the exploiters manually at that point in time."

Yep, that means some plat would get flooded in the economy, from the exploit they created by coding fail.

But let's get right to the point, shall we?

Does anybody here want to claim that the big RMTers who are actually making real money didn't immediately exploit and offload that plat?

Even if that account is permanently banned the plat already got converted to real world dollars (apparently they had "hours" to do it before DPG knew anything about it), and they just keep on making new accounts like always.

Once again, this only hurts the little guys. It won't 'break' the economy. If the RMTers flood the market it becomes worth less. They'll dole out those ill gotten gains slowly to maintain their value as best possible.

-How much does DPG lose out from a 'depression' in the EQ in-game economy?
    -How much do the RMTers lose out from a 'depression' in the EQ in-game economy?
    -How much does the player base lose out from a 'depression' in the EQ in-game economy?

I honestly don't know, economics is not my thing. I may be very wrong.

I just calls 'em as I see's 'em.
  6. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

DPG removed the loyalty vendor until it was resolved.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

To be fair, you might not be in the best position to comment. :)
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

But yet I feel free to discuss and argue rhetorically at length. Because Forum Quest.
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm aware. I said STOP at taking out loyalty vendor. And begin MANUALLY suspending/banning exploiters.

You see the difference now? NOT suspending innocent people. It seemed a pretty big distinction to me.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Politics is bad for business. (I'm not a studio artist so I can come off conqueror or conquered). lol.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The damage from the exploit has already been done and would still need to be fixed. Just taking out the loyalty vendor and doing no punishment would just encourage people to take advantage of any exploit they find and not reporting it. If there is punishment involved for anyone who took advantage of the exploit it helps encourage people to not take advantage of them in the future.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I already pointed that out.

How can you possibly fail so hard at reading comprehension, and have the temerity to respond to me at all?
  13. KrakenReality Augur

It's ForumQuest nobody actually reads the whole post, unless it is Skuz who will line by line dissect your post.

You only get like one to two sentences before people hit reply.

Also, you need to keep your sentences and paragraphs very short.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  14. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Having been quite outspoken, in just this way, for all the time I've been a Player Studio artist. Surprisingly I've found, being outspoken (and avoiding actual politics) just helps my bottom line. But truly it was never about the money per se. Sure doesn't hurt though.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Your tone (over game politics) is a bit combative to some of the posters here. Even I was taken aback.

If they are past, current, or potential customers, you will want to use neutral language at the very least.

You be you though.
  16. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I recognize you, and you know me.

I certainly did not mean to be over the line with you.

And I apologize for being a bit snarky in my sarcastic post.

That was my snarky forum quest way of saying I think there are more than three people still upset.

How about this one, 'Fortune favors the bold'?

And also, as I said, I don't care if it all dried up. I am absolutely happier being grumpy old man me, than sheepish. I have always adhered to the philosophy "Better to beg forgiveness than ask permission." And experienced nothing but upside from it.

It's also entirely possible that is a pipe dream on my part. There may be many people who read the forums and are disgruntled with me. But I'm thinking if they were the type to buy one or more of my robes, they have done so already before getting upset with me most of the time.

Or there might be people who are really cool, like you Benito, who can separate out in their head, my robes and what I say on the forums are two vastly different things.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well with "minimum impact" on customers. And let's think this through. I doubt they said let's pick the method that will piss the most players off.

Based on the situation Daybreak would have picked a method that achieved the best result for them. Customer satisfaction was definitely part of that but there may have been other concerns as well (available staff to handle things ie resources, costs in fixing versus costs of solution).

Now that doesn't mean folks can't get upset. Even if it was the only solution it disrupted folks.

I think they should give some sort of bonus to accounts that got suspended but didn't exploit... maybe a bunch of exp potions or something of that nature.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I really don't see how a server wide rollback is a better option.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

How did being a Player Studio Artist come out in this discussion?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Rolling back HURTS THE RMTERS and exploiters.
    Sure it hurts everyone else too. But the 'hurt' to players can be 'reacquired through gameplay'.

The plat already made it into the economy, everyone with the means to do so, already cashed in and covered their tracks easily.

Suspending innocent people was them swatting at a fly that already bit them and flew off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.