Rizlona SK,Clr,Brd,Bst box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Haldi Elder

Hey guys. I am wondering how well this 4 box would do on ybrse topics.

Leveling/AA grinding
    Killing Named (open world)
    Dungeon crawling.
    Gear Farming.
    Pre expansion Raid/Boss/Progression farming.

Also wondering how many raid guilds are on Rizlona and are there any raid guilds that don't box as I would like to main my Beastlord on them?

Any info would be really appreciated.

Thank you.
  2. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

My suggestion is drop the cleric for a shaman, and drop the beastlord for a different melee class. I would even switch the bard for an enchanter.

Cleric healing is nice, but the SK would benefit more from shaman buffs.
    Bard doesn't get an AE mez until 85. CC would be a lot easier with an enc.
    Bst are very middle of the road until much much later. They can do a little of everything but unless you want to constantly be oom, and have subpar melee dps then it is best to choose something else.
  3. Haldi Elder

Well the thing is, I like the Beastlord too much and I want that class to be my main raider.
  4. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

Well, take what I say with a grain of salt. My beastlord was always undergeared compared to the others that I boxed. They do become amazing dps later on, but I am not sure when that happens. Don't forget Mage/Nec/Bst pets are gimped until TSS.

I didn't notice the bottom part about Rizlona. The major draw for Rizlona is that players can box. I think every guild is made up mostly of boxers. Maybe you might want to explain what you mean. You want to box but join a guild that doesn't? Do you mean on raids only? If that is the case, then I don't think it exists on any server.
  5. Haldi Elder

Yeah I want to box when not raiding, but I want solo play the beastlord when doings raids with a guild.
  6. Machen New Member

You've got a good solid 4 man group. The only thing you are missing is dps.

I'd recommend you consider swapping the cleric out for a shaman either around oow, when shaman gets 2.0, or when shaman gets rez (I think GoD?) It will make your group higher dps with the shm/brd/bst all adding a lot of melee adps. Pick up two melees who are lfg and you will do just fine grinding.

For guild, feel free to check us out if you are looking to raid at a high level. We do have a few boxes on raids, and more late in the expansion when people log in less, or when we are occasionally splitting stuff. But most of our players only play their main on raids. You aren't going to completely escape boxing on raids in any guild on the server. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...tered-soul-rizlonas-top-raiding-guild.273860/
  7. Haldi Elder

Thanks Mach, I don't care if people box on raids, I just want to solo when I raid
  8. Aiona Augur

In my experience on TLP's, there's always been a decent guild for me to join that doesn't require it's members to box if they prefer not to. Unfortunately, I haven't played nearly as much on Aradune/Rizlona as I have on other TLP's so I don't personally know how things are there. Just speaking from previous TLP experiences.

As someone already pointed out though, you'll be hard pressed to find a guild that disallows any form of boxing. There have been some that "prefer" non-boxed characters, some may even discourage it, but I don't know of any that flat out disallow it.

Boxing and mercenaries are here to stay, for better or worse. Over the years, I have found that boxers are like any other player -- some are the nicest players you'll ever meet while some bare no resemblance. Some players box multiple characters better than a lot players who play just one character! But there are also times where I find myself laughing at a hot mess.

This is when I realize that most players are just trying to do their best, even if the best of some players turns out to be a bit... less than what I hoped for. It turns out that non-boxing players disappoint me no less than boxers do. So I have learned to laugh and work with them instead of against them (boxers), and that attitude made things fun again for me. For the most part.

While some guilds might not let boxed characters in the raid until they gear up some of the mains, I think you'll have a hard time finding a guild that doesn't bring boxes once the raids are on farm and gearing up boxed characters becomes beneficial because it means those boxes will be better equipped to help in future raids/content (especially if they need to fill slots because a core member/character misses the raid or leaves the guild unexpectedly).

Anyway, I just thought I would offer some perspective in case someone might find it helpful. I have no knowledge of Rizlona's guilds, but seeing how it's not a True-box, my bet is you'll be hard pressed to find a lasting guild that flat out doesn't allow boxing.

---

Edit: regarding your box group:
    You'll do fine with that group setup I think, though it's a little low on DPS (and later on, mercenaries will help, but not as much as you might like).

If BST is your main character, SK is a great choice. However, adding a high DPS class might be fun, if all you're trying to do is grind XP/AA's. Melee DPS would do well, or you could go with the easier to box Mage (pet toys for everyone!, and good DPS). If I was going to add Mage though, I would probably just go something like:
    Enchanter, Druid, Mage, BST. Which may not be at all what you had in mind.

Cleric is good for rez and Complete Heal (which will help but your BST can play cleric for your pet and your SK should be able to hold his own with Shaman or Druid heals). But then you're left with no rez until mercenaries or the other classes get rez. Cleric is fine for now if you want to play it safe - less DPS/utility but safter. :)

Bard, sometimes easier to box than Enchanter, but as a mostly mana using group, I would consider Enchanter (with SK and Enchanter, you can handle pulling whole groups of mobs) but either works.
  9. Savagebeast New Member

Unless you have can afford to pay for those 4 boxes with subscriptions, Rizlona's economy is horrible. You wont be able to farm enough plat to pay buy Kronos from bazaar there within a month to pay for your box team, last I checked Kronos are 90k there which is absurd in Luclin era
  10. Aiona Augur

That's a good point, I did notice that krono are much higher on Rizlona than Aradune.
  11. a_librarian Augur

You can harvest krono from the new server they launch in the near future. That's what it's there for.

Also with that four box team I would think it would be a little annoying to have to invest in gear and attention on the SK if the BST is your raiding main. I'm sure it would limit your ability to take on very tough targets, but monk instead of SK might be more enjoyable if you want to put most of your effort into the beastlord. Mage might be pretty solid as well in that slot for the same reasons.
  12. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Agree Rizlona has zero economy. Very hard to box if you have limited funds and rely on Krono
  13. Machen New Member

Saying there is no economy is just flat wrong.

There is very high demand for krono. Much higher than on most other TLP's.

There is high supply of just about everything else given the nature of the server. People are able to farm their own stuff, so more rare items from other servers are very cheap on Rizlona.

There are a lot of traders, a lot of things for sale, and most of it very, very cheap. Not a whole lot of buying because people can mostly just go get their own.

On new expansion launches, before there is time for that high supply to come about, you can very quickly make quite a lot of plat/krono farming and selling more rare items before they become common. Even with a four box crew. Plenty enough to pay for the expansion for a four box. Just don't expect those same items to still sell for a lot during week 12 of the expansion when there are 50 of them for sale on bazaar.
  14. GRACUS Lorekeeper

Of course the High demand for Krono and the extremely high price of Krono is what is detering most from going to Rizlona to box,. The time for being able to farm enough plat to buy krono to pay for your sub is over. most people cannot afford to 6 box on Rizlona paying an actual sub each month.
  15. Machen New Member

None of this is true. I fund more than six accounts a month via krono on Rizlona. And I'm not selling loot from dz's or anything. If you play regularly, six krono a month is easy.

That may not still be the case six months or a year from now, but right now it is.
  16. Gremin Augur

Shm and Druid rez is DoDH.
    Machen likes this.
  17. Gremin Augur

Zero economy, pfft. I make on average 6 to 8k a night selling my wares.
  18. Gremin Augur

DHS Reincarnate on Rizlona will always choose mains over boxes but we have folks who box on raids if room. We just would like to see our raids full of mains is all. We are not anti box, heck we got a few folks who box over 18 just not on raids.
    Aiona likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

Thanks, I couldn't remember and my shaman wife couldn't either!