Lots of Tunare Server Suspensions this morning. anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sedain6 New Member

thats hilarious, suspending people because they bought from the LOYALTY vendor.
    Fenthen, Mesil, KrakenReality and 2 others like this.
  2. Tappin Augur

This is absolutely ridiculous and absurd to think a legitimate business would stoop to such a low bar. Their lazy programming lead to a bug with the loyalty vendor and then they blame everyone who bought something regardless of intent.
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It was a Hobson's choice. It wasn't a fun choice. (Daybreak doesn't have 20 GMs laying around to do an expedited search).

They either suspend like 100 people temporarily (turns out it was 8 hours) or run the risk of dozens of people complaining that they got scammed out of their Krono and choice items with dupped plat.

Let's use the pandemic as an analogy. Either, we quarantine 100 travelers or let those 100 traveler infect a town of 5000 people. It's going to be unpleasant and bad PR to introduce a quarantine but it is a necessary evil.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and minimind like this.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

It is wacky to watch people make excuses for DBG's mistakes. Adults would admit their mistakes and apologize for their actions and how they they negatively affected their customers and fans.

An arrogant teenager would lash out at and blame everybody but themselves and then try to keep quiet like nobody would notice.
  5. Sissruukk Rogue One

I don't know, I know plenty of adults that act like the arrogant teenager.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I presume you are referring to the people who exploited infinite loyalty points.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Duder and minimind like this.
  7. Tappin Augur

They introduced a bug and it’s their responsibility to correct it without negatively impacting customers who did nothing wrong.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Was the bug intentional? No. Could it have caused damaged (if not addressed in a timely manner through containment)? Yes.

As an analogue to your position: are we going to get apologies from the Governors and Mayors who gave themselves emergency powers and locked down entire states and cities during the pandemic? Nope.

Obviously, this debate is devolving into a circular exchange. You're entitled to your opinion. The issue was resolved (within 8 hours). No point in generating ill will.
  9. Tappin Augur

It’s their responsibility - they made changes that caused the problem. And those governors can get recalled or voted out of office. We can’t do that a private company.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did Daybreak intentionally introduce a bug to suspend some players (for 8 hours)? No, and suspensions were a strategy for containment (prevent irreparable harm or damage). Did governors or mayors create COVID in a lab? No.

Many states do not have recall.

Welcome to the real world. Don't like a governor? Wait for the next election or move out of the state. Don't like a company? Stop using or patronizing them.
    Duder and minimind like this.
  11. minimind The Village Idiot

I disagree. That's their goal, but that's not their responsibility/guarantee. Sometimes mitigating circumstances prevent perfect solutions. Absent a full understanding, it's most rational to simply accept what was done was with the best intentions and just move on.
    Svann2 and Benito like this.
  12. Slasher Augur

Except the customers who purposely exploited a bug knowing what they were doing.
    Benito likes this.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

So I heard on EQ2 that a plat exploit allowed hundreds of millions of platinum to enter their game. Krono prices spiked to between 30 and 50 million platinum per Krono on all EQ2 servers in late 2019. Krono prices are permanently stuck at 10 million platinum each today. They used to be around 2 million each like on most EQ1 servers.
    Benito likes this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

All those "changes in the water level" makes it much harder for true newbies to catch up financially. Bazaar prices are already stupid high for "levelling gear" due to the assumption that everyone below level 100 is a rich twink with millions of plat. :(

Most people I know either gives up on baz entirely or buys kronos for real money. That is not newbie friendly.
    Benito likes this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This could explain the aggressiveness of the containment.

8 hours of precautionary suspensions (for a few) > 10 million PP per Krono in perpetuity.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

A certain number of 8 hour suspensions is certainly better than a server wide rollback as has happened before in some other games. I want to say it happened here but not 100% sure of it.
    minimind likes this.
  17. Tappin Augur

When a business takes an unnecessary risk and it cause a problem (you know exactly what I am talking about), it's absolutely their fault. A server wide roll back is the better option, you treat everyone the same. Singling out people and then suspending them is bad thing and just looks bad.
  18. Duder Augur

You and others are responsible for your own actions. The company contained it how they saw fit and righted it where it should be. Stop acting like an entitled brat. You are in their world. Either continue on or leave. You want to cheat and exploit and not be held responsible, that isn't a popular stance. A lot of users here have played EQ for many years and have for a reason. You have ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine.
    minimind and Benito like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You want to rollback all 5000+ players' progress in a 12-24 hour period?

You prefer making hundreds of people lose their ultra rare augs, epic quest completions, level/AA gains, major trades (e.g. illusions, mounts), key TS combines, hunter kills, and a plethora of other achievements versus a dozen players getting a 8 hour hold (not even a rollback) on their account?

All because of some ---- exploiting.

Let's burn the whole forest down because of a few pests.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Tappin Augur

You treat everyone the same, you don't discriminate based on who used a vendor. In my opinion, they should compensate for the lost time
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.