Please substantially change the next TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalandriel, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Moranis Augur

Forcing raids to split up makes it more annoying and challenging because you need to get your guys geared and actually consider raid composition.
  2. Machen New Member

It's the concept that is the problem. Constantly shifting the number of people you can bring on a raid means that every time it changes, people who could raid with you last week now are benched. It's bad enough going from 72 to 54 after pop without making those changes in the middle of every expansion.
  3. Machen New Member

Not for the people who don't get to raid.
  4. jeskola pheerie

AOCs and pickzones have left some people thinking anything less than 20 active raid guilds and jam-packed zones is "omg ded svr lol"
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. jeskola pheerie

IMO, not releasing new TLPs for a year would do very little to retain players on GOD+ TLPs. They would probably take a break and play another game or something.
    Faydra likes this.
  6. Moranis Augur

Well, the "concept" is more along the lines of "making raids more difficult"...not married to any particular mechanic that achieves that. What about the idea of lowering the "soft cap" of a raid instead so that in like week 8, if you are still fielding 72, you get a percentage penalty, but if you field a force below the soft cap, it's normal.

This would likely only occur in DZs most likely.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

To some a server is dead one they can't log on, type /lfg and get a group within 5 minutes.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

13/22 seems like a decent enough weapon for RoK and people want to complete it regardless of the quality.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you missed the point. Raids are already split raiding in order to get gear faster so there is no reason to force them to split raid if they don't want to. I think the fact that this is already being done shows that it really isn't that much more challenging to raiders.
  10. Ketzerei84 Elder

A bit of a swerve here but still on-topic... Why don't we just get TLC(trivial loot code) from FV(idk if they still have it, but it was one of those amazingly cool features that kept low levels from being griefed and KS'd by high levels) added into every TLP moving forward. Will dramatically cut down on botters instantly.
  11. Beep Elder

Anarchy Online did this, its probably the worst ruleset I've ever seen.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You get around that on FV by forming a raid and they would do the same on a TLP server with the code.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

being in a raid voids the trivial loot code?
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yep, there are times where a high level needs to loot an item from a low level mob. An example of this is the shaman 1.0 where a level 1 npc spawns after killing certain golems in fear and a drop from that mob is needed.
  15. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

Ah Thanks for the explanation. I thought after a certain point everything has required level on it? At least from I have seen in SoF going forward.
    I think this would be made better if level requirement for items was removed. Yes, it would take a raid of level 50's to kill the named in Dragonscale Hills but the loot would be sick! lol
  16. Ketzerei84 Elder

I see this, but I'm not sure if it's flagged as 'raid voids tlc' - more likely certain mobs which drop epic items are flagged as non-tlc mobs to avoid bottlenecking.
  17. sadre Augur

You have to stipulate, Any attempt to mitigate multiboxing is doomed to failure for today's modern world traveler.

So I say, prove to me there is a real market for a single-box persistent world mmo. None. There is none goddam market.

The game assumed single boxing. Technologically that was built in, because this is 20+ years ago and multiboxing, well, have at it. Go go go. And over time, had at it we did. The equation grew. Boxes = subscriptions. Behind the Norrath Adventure! is a commercial instrument. This instrument had no incentive to shape a culture of gaming -- that is, a concept of how the game world works -- that would discourage boxing. Boxing itself is old tech, and so most people want the option of doing it, and doing it at will, at the very least.

You get what you grow. And this is what the eq culture is even if the game originally couldn't really be, not reliably.

In this community, people say, oh give me the old experience. Well, turning neurotic grindheads loose on the intrawebs? Today? On this gameworld? This crowd???

It's like saying there would be a market for purity rings in a cat house. None. There would be none market.

We have gotten what we have grown. Thanks Obama.
  18. Rcbauer Augur

its worse than stave of shielding
  19. SunDrake Augur

Dang, OP totally got his or her wish.