Lots of Tunare Server Suspensions this morning. anyone else?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xslia, Apr 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The vendor window shows at the bottom how many you have when you click an item. You do not have to buy anything to check your balance. And it updates immediately.

But you can also check under alt currency yes
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I can't speak to what others saw, but mine said 5760 when I checked it. I didn't check it again after my purchases. I spent about 1700. I was probably one of the first people to buy anything when the system came back up. I was spending TBM currency during the Marketplace maintenance, and noticed the loyalty currency was back. So I spent some.
  3. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

I may not have had an item selected when I looked at it then. I didn't see a total anywhere in that window.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its at the bottom left. Check when they come up again. There is nothing to see until you highlight something in the list then it shows your balance right next to the purchase box.
  5. puremoon New Member

clearing the air, atm I have an account that is suspended.

Loyalist NPC. If you balance was above cost of item, you were able to buy it. You got the yelllow text showing the cost, and item being paid for. The exploit was simple math watching you npc window not removing the coin used, thus you buy buy buy buy.

Accounts were suspend reguardless of the balance, 1k or 5k, if used for few things. For me I had the balance of coin I used. I understood at the time, it was a bug. Assumed a roll back or bill was inc, but suspending people for using the loyalist coin they had, make wonder if understand what what happened.

Glyphs are Glyphs, I would of thought maybe unattuned items, or perfect aug things, bag plat? I dont know.

These are all suspended account, I assume many are first timers, so few days and acount is back up.

A simple roll back would the correct action imho. Like vender diving and finding deal is a suspend account lol. Yet so auto bots contine to do banning things.

In the big picture not a big deal at all. Questionable leadership indeed. Npc was removed, why come out and explain the action taken, what the duration is, and be progressive to your paying player base. That is all most ask for, expect, maybe 2 of us demend.

Have a great day, enjoy other products, and maybe just maybe the outdoors.
    Leerah and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

They are probably temporarily suspending accounts to sniff out the people who exploited "infinite" loyalty tokens to buy 'Bags of Platinum' before the platinum is laundered or traded away.

The is analogous to your international shipment being stuck at US Customs for a month.

It's an unfortunate circumstance but they might to deal with some players who now have literally dupped millions or billions of platinum.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Message from Dreamweaver in the other thread. It supports my suspicion (temporary freeze to prevent dupped plat from entering circulation).

8. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

This is the most head-in-the-sand, Ivory Tower type response I could ever see.

"It's back up in a few days"

First, I was playing the HEALER for the Group during a RAID... half way through the event "Disconnected / Suspended". I could hear on Voice coms my Group slowly accepting death.

Second. I spent the next 2 hours trying to figure out WTF had happened. Attempting to relog, Checking Bank Statements for some mistaken "Charge Back".... Submitting Tickets. Etc. Until 1 am.

THIRD, I missed out on a Flagging KEY to the next stage of Raid Progression because of this.

Fourth, My account can't raid TONIGHT because it's still Suspended.

So "A few days, account is back up." is HORSE CRAP.

Where's my Key?
    Who's Going to slot in for HEALS tonight on the raid?
    No backflags avail in end zone, so now I have to run the Raid AGAIN to get it.
    Not even a mass EMAIL to every account "Some accounts may have been inadvertently suspended today for a Bug Exploit with the Loyalty Vendor. We are working on resolving the issue. If you believe you were suspended by mistake, please submit a ticket."

OH but guess what? You can't submit a ticket on the SAME account, you have to log into another account to submit a ticket.

It's a giant Middle Finger to EVERYONE. 90% collateral damage. Good job....

I've never been so angry at the EQ team. NEVER.
    Leerah, Fenthen and Tatanka like this.
  9. KrakenReality Augur

It’s not duplicated plat yet, it’s just an inflationary source of plat for now. It’ll only duplicated platinum, if they do individual roll backs on those specific characters. Same crap as like 15 years ago.
    Leerah likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Well, it needs to be done. In the same way our international shipments are held up at US Customs to prevent illegal activity.

They have chosen not to rollback the servers to server up (12 hours+). They've probably calculated the amount of suspensions is low enough not to merit a huge rollback. (Maybe, they're looking at 100 players temporarily suspended versus 5,000 players rolled back 12 hours).
  11. puremoon New Member

Points finger at Fred_bear<<<<<<<

You made a choice, I made a choice. In a week or next month, or maybe even less time, once take a shower and relax you will feel better.

Behavior choices sometime leads down a path we dont like, it will be ok.

LOL at dupe plat thing, its a bag of plat. If only auto bots faced same enforcement, but wait that would effect profit for who?

have a beautiful day.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If someone was able to claim like 1000 bags of platinum then he would have approximately 15 million platinum. He could then "launder" the platinum by buying Krono, high value tradable items, or Nobles.

It's just bad for game health. There's no way to go about it.

Edit: 15 million platinum or more is probably not a big deal on Firiona Vie server. But it can be devastating on TLPs and a bit manipulative on regular Live Servers.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

It’d be easy to recognize this as an opportunity to get a targeted roll back. You’re assuming starting at 0 plat, but you have to factor in current plat stashed in the bank. Go nuts buying stuff from the vendor, exchange all your platinum for high value items or gems then move it to another character via drop locations. Original character gets rolled back and has all the original plat and items.

22 years of history suggests it’s always best to exploit early and frequently.
  14. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I made a choice? I bought 800 worth of items with 5k worth of tokens. I had no idea there was a bug or exploit going on, When I see those, I run the other way. I don't WANT to be caught up in this crap. in 2004/5 there was a HUGE account by account rollback of like 2 days for taking part in an exploit and i watched as people individually were disconnected, rolled back, and relogged in... I never wanted to be part of that so I avoid the "Exploits of Bugs" like the plague....

I made no "CHOICE" to partake in this. I purchased 4 items when I had 6x the available funds. I don't need to go back and check to make sure the game deducted the appropriate amount. I've never had to keep a checkbook balance of all the currency in the game manually.... why would I assume that Yesterday, after 20 years, I would need to start?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Niskin like this.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't think EQ1 has the ability to "target" rollbacks. They're either going to get petitions from 100 players (suspended accounts) or 5,000 players (everyone who played since /uptime).

For instance: You cannot rollback 1 player who traded with another player or dropped items (which you recognize).

GM will likely find the specific 'bags of plat' exploiters and fully investigate (trace) their gaming activity.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id never have noticed. I always have way more loyalty than I need and rarely look at what I have and never check that they correctly subtracted. What a dumb thing to suspend for. Now we are required to check their math???
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  17. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

You're wrong. I watched it happen while Raiding GoD during the 2004/5 era. We were doing Tacvi and random characters would disconnect, roll back 48 hours, and then relog in.

Some were done because they had "exploited" some bug. Others had bought or sold items to the people who "exploited" so they were guilty by association. It was a mess and killed raids that night.

BUT it was targeted.

I remember standing around at the Tacvi entrance as we watched a Druid, then cleric, then warrior one by one DC about 2-3 minutes apart for each.....
  18. KrakenReality Augur

Yes, they can and they did it during PoRo Beta. There was a Beta Tradeskill vendor that got added to PoK accidentally. Instead of taking down the server, they removed the vendor then attempted to track the tainted characters. So, anyone that traded with a tainted character became tainted themselves. People figured out they were doing action on an individual rollback basis and used it to deliberately duplicate items. While, you had people that bought some random item from a “tainted” bazaar trader get rolled back.

It created a ton of drama in game and on the forums, where people assumed anyone being rolled back was a cheater.

Fortunately TDG has a decent archive:

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-13149.html
    Leerah likes this.
  19. puremoon New Member

This time next week, maybe account by account if you did nothing wrong, I would expect a reverse action will taken.

Its a video game bro. Relax and watch some Jeopardy.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

It might have been done manually when the SOE CS team was composed of 10-20 full time GMs and a huge dev team.

You still cannot equate current circumstances to situations decades ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.