Starting now on Aradune?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MightyUnclean, Apr 22, 2021.

1. MightyUnclean Elder

Is it too late to get caught up to current on Aradune as a Mage, Wizard or Rogue? Can you even find low level and mid level groups? How about help getting your epic?
  2. Skree New Member

Relevant to me as well
  3. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

wait a couple of months for a new server and level up with everyone, you'll have more fun...

the only people levelling now are bot armies selling AE levelling and its not the EQ experience you want.
    Faydra likes this.
  4. Skree New Member

What Expac is it even on right now anyway?
  5. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

the end of luclin, PoP drops in a week, then the server population will tank in about another 10 weeks. ,
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

TLP servers lose players with pretty much every expansion, but with no new TLP just yet I do not expect the population to drop precipitously.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Here is the thing, if you are wanting to experience classic, kunark, velious, luclin and in era, that is past. Once PoP drops in a week that is all anyone will care about. Might have a little back farming, but probably not enough if you wanted to see those zones.
  8. a_librarian Augur

There will probably be a moderate sized wave of starts in PoP you can ride if playing during server prime times. Leveling is fast and those classes you listed are not high AA required classes.

Play now if you want to play now. The worst case scenario is you unsub after a month and then come back at the next server launch in some unknown near future date.
  9. Machen New Member

Historically, there aren't a lot of groups the first few weeks of pop launch (which takes place on 4/28 for Aradune.) Most TLP's, even high pop TLP's, players are focused on their mains and leveling to 65 and raid flagging the first few weeks.

About a month in, maybe 6 weeks, players will be done with most of the pop progression and aa's, and will start thinking this is a good time to level alts. Especially with ldon launching just a few weeks later. With ~7 months at level 65, there will be more players leveling up new alts than in almost any other stretch of progression.

There may or may not be a new TLP coming in a few months. But there will be grouping opportunities on Aradune in six weeks. Maybe not so much this week, or next week.
  10. FrodeEQ Journeyman

Sure the advice here by some, for to wait for another TLP server, can be sound. But on the flip side, there are people leveling on Aradune from scratch. Yes, groups may be a little harder to find but when you do most in it will be twinked, have high level box to assist and whatnot. This in some way mitigates the flooded server aspect when a new TLP server opens with spots overcamped and a massive amount of people LFG and initial days of login queues and whatnot. And who knows when that server will be launched, IF this year.

Just saying, don't be too discouraged to start fresh on Aradune if it itches now to play, there are a lot of advantages like easy buffs in Nexus, affordable gear in bazaar that will skyrocket how you can play compared to the chores of Classic with your rusty sword.
  11. Skree New Member

I re subed cuz I'm stoopid
  12. Faydra Augur

Just wait for the next TLP, the LFG tool is dead and pick up groups are non-existent at the lower levels. Everyone just PL's this late into the cycle in Aradune. The new TLP will offer the experience you are looking for, wait a couple months most likely.
  13. Zinth Augur

ppl use the lfg tool?
  14. Faydra Augur

On new TLP's up through Velious it is heavily used, yes.
  15. Zinth Augur

huh... wow... never used it on phinny or any of the other TLP's I played on. didn't need to :D I just ran to the zone I wanted to grp in and voila :D
  16. Faydra Augur

Even better. That's why people love new TLP's.
  17. Galaras Lorekeeper

Aradune is the most populated TLP since Phinny and it's a great server to join. From my experiences the population has been really friendly and welcoming presuming you're not trying to be a 1%er. POP also has more gear from Time/Ele planes making it a great opportunity to catch up if you want to raid, otherwise there's tons of zones to explore. Finally, with no new TLP announced, Aradune is poised to sustain it's population better than any recent TLP. Most TLP's die off hard in POP because half the population rolls over to whatever new TLP launches at the same time (at least for the last 3-4 TLP cycles).
  18. Faydra Augur

Announcement coming in the next couple months, almost guaranteed.
  19. Zinth Augur

don't count all ya cheater boxers and ya won't have all that many ppl though ;-)
  20. Ketzerei84 Elder

We're getting PoP+LoY at the same time. LoY comes with newbie armor quests, sure they're 'crap' but that 'crap' is pretty much on-par with old planar armors, so gearing isn't going to be a contortionist exercise in margin trading krono. As for leveling groups, you won't find many in early pop since most of the low level players you're likely to encounter at this point are alts and people are going to be spending less time on alts with PoP launch. Epics aren't too hard to get done, if you don't have a guild, or friends, to help you there's always somebody offering to multi quest (apparently the abbreviation for this has been forcibly filtered out by the forums...) them. It's a perfect time to join, we have 20 weeks at level 65, which is more than ample time to catch up, get your flags, and get into the end game if that's what you want to do.