Raw Hides

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OldRodKS, Apr 23, 2021.

1. OldRodKS Elder

I play on Rizlona - I am trying to research my level 24 necro pet spell and I need some Raw Hides that I can convert to Pristine Hides

Where could I find a good source of raw hides? Preferably in the mid 20s level range?

I know I've looted a couple over the past few weeks, but I can't remember what mobs they came from
  2. Aanuvane Augur

They should drop from casters in the 15 - 19 range. A few higher level mobs can drop, but more commonly a little lower.
    OldRodKS likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

4. OldRodKS Elder

I was killing the gnolls in Lake Rathetear around the time I the hides I had, and several of them are casters, so I'll check that.

Thanks!!

I looked on EQTraders but the only zones they listed aren't open on Rizlona yet.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

6. OldRodKS Elder

7. Phiyre Augur

why research it? zam is showing it can be crafted (old school) or purchased.
    It's now sold in the Pok library w/ most spells. heretic drahur sells it (lvl 1-25 nec spells)
  8. Phiyre Augur

old spell research is a thing of the past. you can do it if it gives you a thrill, otherwise PoK library is where EVERYTHING should be for quite some time (think up to lvl 85 or something)
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

1 - Intent to get max AP eventually, so why not knock out some recipes now, for stuff you need anyway
    2 - They REALLY enjoy tradeskills
    3 - the challenge

There are probably more, that's just off the top of my head.
  10. OldRodKS Elder

PoK isn't open on Rizlona yet. Was hoping to get my pet spell without having to wait till next week
    Phiyre and CatsPaws like this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

4 :)
  12. Aanuvane Augur

I maintain EQTraders and I always use Magelo when I want to confirm mobs that drop items :)
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  13. Phiyre Augur

I guess it helps to have PoK open. I hated research back in the day.. I never really found enjoyment in "trade skills" in the game. I know there are many who enjoy it though ;) More power to em ;)
  14. OldRodKS Elder

I don't mind the idea of research, but it is *way* too expensive, especially at lower spell levels. I spent close to 100p on inks, etc. to make 2 sub-level 20 spells. Yeah, money is easier to make now than in the old days, but 100p to someone in their teen levels it's a lot
    Phiyre likes this.