Please substantially change the next TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kalandriel, Apr 21, 2021.

1. ForumNugget Journeyman

To be fair to DPG, the botting and cheating problem on Aradune was substantially reduced compared to Mangler. Was everything solved? No of course not, there's still a lot of problems, but without a doubt, fewer problems than Mangler.
  2. Febb Augur

How about a TLP where you start out at level 1 in the Claws of Veeshan expansion? You cannot access previous expansions.
  3. wade_watts Augur

Everyone already agreed on an Aradune clone with faster unlocks. The only approved second choice was a repeating seasonal server that dumps into Agnarr.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Did we? Where was that? Maybe don't speak for "everyone", especially when making things up.
    sadre, Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

:rolleyes:
  6. wade_watts Augur

Granted, you might be an outlier - but everyone else agreed. There was a big meeting and everything. There was voting - the whole internet was there.
    Accipiter likes this.
  7. Rcbauer Augur

No you don't. Can you link to your claims? Thanks.
  8. Arclyte Augur

new tlp should ban halflings
  9. Uesce Journeyman

I loved reading this. Very well done lol. I would actually be interested in trying this hahaha
    sadre likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not being able to complete the beastlord 1.0 until SoL was released would cause problems and a lot of complaints.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  11. Moranis Augur

Easy fixes for a new exciting TLP!
    • Increase Mob HP / AC by 50%, Resists by 25%
    • Reduce charm DPS by 50%
    • Raids are capped based on how far into an expansion we are...72 for Weeks 1-2, 60 for Week 3, 48 for weeks 4-6, and 36 beyond.
    • Every rare item that drops from a named mob becomes "NO TRADE" and can only be looted by the person/group/raid that gets the kill
    • Eliminate MQs - all items for quest handins must be turned in at the same time
    • Remove Origin
    • Remove many "new" potion recipes, namely, Distillates
    • Reduce duration of DPG Store potions (except EXP) by 50% and have them fade on death
    • Weapon procs trigger 3x as often (except summoned items)
    • DoTs do 25% more damage if target is feared
    • Rangers get endless quiver AA in Classic at L50 for free
    • Increase effects from Rogue poisons by 5x (I'll admit I know nothing about Rogue poisons on TLP, but this sounds right)
    • Corpse runs are a thing again - however, every city has a corpse summoner that can summon your corpse (like in the Guild Hall on live) for a cost equal to your Level^2 - so a L10 person would pay 100pp and a L60 person would pay 3600pp
    • Cannot hand in stacks of items for quests *cough* rat ears *cough* - must be single items unstacked - 4 at a time
    • Reinstate regular exp for quests that don't have vendor purchasable items (bone chips, CB belts, etc.)
    • Add a "catch up" exp mechanic similar to WoW - get a certain percentage of BONUS exp for time spent offline in a city zone up to a certain maximum. Spend plat to stay at in "inn" and gain bonus exp faster maybe?
    • Hill Giants / Ice Giants drop 75% less plat
    • 8th necro skullcap no-drop - plus, change how the 9th skullcap is acquired as to prevent MQs
    • Weekly ZEM rotation - interrupt the Guk/Velks/Griegs pipeline!
    That would be a good start at least!
  12. Ruination Elder

I mean there are so many innovative and exciting new mmo's being released all the time, let us have at least one without your "innovation"
  13. Vengeful New Member

Well Moranis, let me know how your level 1 times go on that server, when you need a group to take down an Orc Pawn in GFay. Those changes are ridiculous, and only would end up making Necros capable of soloing.
    Appren likes this.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sorry but none of these changes would make for a more exciting server, they just would make the game more tedious and there is a reason why some of these items have changed over the years so that people can play the game instead of worrying about what they lose if they mess up.
    Skuz and Soulsiphon like this.
  15. sadre Augur

16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Can you start a Berserker on any TLP prior to GoD?

Nope

Can you play a Beastlord on any TLP prior to SoL?

Nope

Because those classes are tied to their original released expansions to un-tie them requires code-changes and additional work regarding their home city in the case of Vah Shir & unlinking their training Masters and spell vendors and quest npc. Their epic quests are tied to their expansions too.

As for my claim their gear in Plane of Fear was also now tied to their expansions supporting the idea the devs wish to keep these two classes tied to their respective expansions -

*** Progression Servers ***

- Beastlord Plane of Fear class armors are no longer available until Shadows of Luclin has unlocked.
    - Berserker Plane of Fear class armors are no longer available until Gates of Discord has unlocked.
  17. brickz Augur

Updating ZEMs so outdoor or otherwise underutilized zones suck less is the maximum effort I expect they would exert to keep things fresh without having to develop anything new
  18. HighElfPlayer Journeyman

What's a level locked TLP? Aren't all servers locked to the levels available to the expansion?
  19. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Skuz did a good job of outlining it above.

Basically instead of locking by expansions you just lock the max level a player can reach. So players have access to the entire game but can only level up to 30, 40, 50 etc based on a timetable.

Would be really interesting seeing what lengths players will go to defeat content that drastically outlevels them and how many weird exploits/loopholes on gear that WOULD be found if players were motivated to seek them out.
    Tymeless likes this.
  20. Zinth Augur

I still think it would be nice with a Trilogy Start (Classic - Kunark - Velious) there are so many low level grinding zones that noone ever goes to because we are all lvl 50 when Kunark hits and lvl 60 when Velious hits, so the only reason to go to them, is to pass through to get to the higher zones.

Let all classes be in, so beastlords are limited to any races below Luclin, aka no kitties (ppl can pay to change later or wait to make them) but being able to raid the old content without knowing you have to mainchange in X months would be nice... same goes for Zerkers
    Tymeless and Rcbauer like this.