Please give us a recycling server that empties into Agnarr once a year!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

I PROMISE it'll be a huge success.

It'll be a single server where people can get their classic start fix every year without having to support another server every time.

Same rules as agnarr except maybe 2 month unlocks and paid transfers to agnarr are allowed at any time with free transfers to agnarr for all at the end before the server wipes and starts over for the following year.

I'll literally eat my figurative hat if it's not a smashing success.

We promise to buy lots of krono every reset!
    Popknot likes this.
  2. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

3. Montag Augur

What kind of image host is apartmenttherapy.info ?
  4. Aiona Augur

I'm not sure why it would need to be Agnarr or any other specific, non-free-trade server, but:

It only makes sense to me that if you have a portion of the player base continually moving to new TLP servers at launch;
    And you always have fragmented populations at the end of a TLP servers, leaving them very low pop -- then TLP servers should be merged into 'normal' live servers (if that's all they are become anyway is a normal live server).

Honestly, I don't see why all low pop servers aren't merged together making them at least medium population. Fill them up like cars at a gas station. If they get low again, dump the next TLP on it to bring in more people.

Otherwise we end up with 21 and counting low pop servers (excluding Zek and FV, I guess). Nobody wants that.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

You forget, when Mangler/Selos were first announced, they were going to be pop locked, and i suspect rolled into agnarr when their race had been run.

There was such a public outcry at this, that this decision was reversed to give those servers the full expansion lifecycle. I really don't think this idea will ever see the light of day again.

Saying that a sweeper server isn't a bad idea.

Personally what i'd like to see is that Miragul becomes the main TLP sweeper server.
    - Once a TLP hits the HOT expac, offer optional free transfers to Miragul.
    - Once a TLP server hits live, it's automatically merged into Miragul.
    - Miragul ruleset would remain as is. with automatic heroic boost.

I think Miragul would be the ideal server for this as it would offer the heroic boost to anyone going there, as well as solve the problem of what to do with miragul when it hits live. I suspect they're not going to want to allow thousands of free heroic characters to flood into normal live servers, so keeping it as it stands i think gets round the problem
  6. modsiw Augur

IMHO, they should allow transfers to Agnarr from other TLPs that are pre-god.
    Herf and Montag like this.
  7. wade_watts Augur

This just solves all the problem. Seasonal feeder servers FTW.
    Montag likes this.
  8. Faydra Augur

I think a seasonal server like this would be great. Moving characters over to Agnarr after PoP would be good for those people who wish to continue playing their characters too. Not a bad suggestion.
    Montag likes this.
  9. Montag Augur

This is all kinds of wrong:

First of all, it was Aradune and Rizlona, not Mangler and Selo, second there was no indication at all that they would roll into Agnarr, they would just be additional PoP locked servers, which no one is asking for and would be a bad idea.

The only thing you're right about is that a "Sweeper" server or whatever isn't a bad idea. Everything you suggested about Miragul, the deadest server since Vulak, is just bad ideas.

So to recap: wrong info + bad conjecture + bad suggestions. Sorry man, -3 at least.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Silver-Crow Augur

aradune/riz or mangler/selo... it doesn't matter, pop locked servers were proposed and knocked on the head, as no-one wanted them.

As to Miragul being the sweeper server, why not?
    Yes it's dead currently barring one guild, but what does that matter? It's a sweeper server, which is just there to absorb end of life TLP's. you can't use Selos or Phinny as their fate is sealed already. Miragul is the next to hit live, and when it does, DPG have a problem... what to do with all those heroic toons that are sitting there waiting for a transfer.

By leaving Miragul as it is, it removes that problem.
    Allowing late game players to transfer free to Miragul, you allow people to move from a dead tlp, to Miragul, which while dead now, may see a population pick up when mergers/moves start to happen.
    The heroic start will also give a boost to anyone wanting to play live and doesn't want to grind the first 85 levels.

It would also give DPG an excuse to leave Miragul as a premium sub only server.
    The only downside of Miragul that i see is that it still has truebox on.
  11. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why is a bunch of heroic toons transferring off a problem? They're 85 and the level cap is 115 so it's not like it's op..
  12. Silver-Crow Augur

Well... mainly because you have to pay for a heroic boost on any other server.
    Niskin likes this.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah but a few free ones have been granted too so I don't think it's that big of a deal, and level 100 Heroic Upgrades will be needed once the next expansion launches with level 120 anyway if the intent is for the upgrade to put the upgraded character within XP range of the current max level in the game for a while & not have to make a new one every two years.

A big bunch of free level 85 characters transferring off Miragul once a level 100 Upgrade is on the market place is meaningless.
  14. MMOer Augur

yes! My MEGA server idea is catching on. Its a money printing machine and its what many of us want. It is win win.

Ignore the gatekeeping krono farmers that try to push this great idea down
  15. -HT- New Member

I'm glad you think it's catching on but this idea has been around for a couple years at least as far back as the announcement of p99 green and there are old posts from at least that far back about it as well.
  16. MMOer Augur

I still want this.. a MEGA server would be ideal.