Unity req timer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cbxvbcfgh, Apr 21, 2021.

1. cbxvbcfgh Journeyman

kill 2 mobs wait 50 minutes to try again ... that's gonna keep people interested. Just translates to go play another game for an hour. Maybe come back and try again maybe get caught up on the other game.
    Qimble and Yinla like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

At least all the instance-flipping isn't taxing the servers too much anymore.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

For the first time in my EQ experience (20+) years, I made it in early with the cool kids! Got both augs on all the toons I cared too, already :)

GRRR.... stupid video embeds don't keep the timestamps anymore. Time 1:53 has the quote I wanted :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Skuz like this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

That didn't fix the lag, might have reduced resource use on DP's side. FV is still a lag fest. Grinding AA and having rolling lag spikes with just me and 3 alts in zone.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

At this point, most of the people who want the augs have them already. I would guess that instance flipping was down 90% from the first week of anniversary before this one hour delay was added.

It just means anyone who hasn't done this yet, or new toons, will have to suffer.
    Qimble and Fenthen like this.
  6. Zinth Augur

the timer is especially brilliant when the task bugs because the mob gives you a "blue text" at 3% and then instantly flops over dead... making the task incompleteable... but you can drop it and reget it... IF you want a frigging hour... such brilliant game fun... yay...
  7. Zynt Augur

The instance flipping on FV was already pretty non-existent. There's been a few nights where it was just me in QH or me and one other group of two people.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Jennre Band Leader

Dreamweaver specifically said the migration would not fix the lag.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Thats why I replied to a specific question. I already read and knew the back end work would not deal with lag.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Hold on, are you saying they introduced a 50 minute replay timer to Unity win or lose (drop)?
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

If you win it's a 3 hour timer like it has been. What was changed was they added an hour request timer, it was previously 5 minutes. So you can no longer flip instances every 5 minutes.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

Ugh. That sucks. Definitely gonna just give up on the 2 alts of mine that have neither aug.
    Barraind likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Son of a batch! I just assume they were in the same lore group.

/bonk self
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Too bad we didn't suggest they increase the named spawn rate for when the timer went live. Oh, wait....

Almost like they don't listen!
    Fenthen likes this.
  15. GoneFission Augur

Next Anniversary will introduce that change.
  16. Riou EQResource

Just request it on your 30 different account boxes and TA your main to each one you can still flip it just as fast
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

Is it literally just a request timeout? If I have 5 characters I can request it once with each? Somehow I doubt it but that would be palatable.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Crap, you're right.
  19. Soulbanshee Augur

Either it gives everyone that joins a request timer, or you are exploiting the request timer by using another character to bypass the expected "try once per hour per character" timer for "participating" (merely adding to a task is counted as participating which is why you get lockout on win if you were TAd then drop before win). TAing a character once, after the aug is identified, would not be exploit as long as that character is not added to another task within 1 hour of request of the prior task they were added to.
  20. Soulbanshee Augur

Whether you can or not (if the system were to let you add without starting a request timer on that character), judgements recently would mark that as an exploit because the intended behavior (whether it request timers on TA or not) is to only allow a character to have that particular task once per hour, timed by request time. They have ways to check for task participation I'm sure, and I would put a good chance at a suspension or ban if they catch you at it, going by prior actions and warnings and fixes.