Downtime Bonuses!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Typhus, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Typhus Elder

I would very much appreciate some bonuses on EQ like you are doing for EQ2 for this 36 hour downtime. I don't care what it is, as long as it is is something in game illusion 48 hour 50% xp anything to show us that you appreciate us for supporting EQ with these extended downtimes as of late.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Free anglerfish illusions is more of a punishment than a bonus.
  3. Uuggerr New Member

I paid good money for a service I can not use for no fault of mine. I did not receive the service that I paid for and was agreed to by Daybreak.

I need compensation of some sort, either 1/365th of my yearly fee (that I have paid since 1999), or some in game comp.

It's as simple as that. Like Solanli stated, if my IPS drops the ball and my service is down for just 1 hour, I get 1/30th or 1/31th (or 1/28th) of my bill comped and applied to my next bill, that simple.

So I don't see the issue here.

If the isp drops the ball and my neighbor whom has 100mb service and myself whom has 50mb service do not have service for the day or hour, we still get comped the same.. 1/(days of month) of our bill.

------------
    It has nothing to do with what was given(etc, etc, etc) prior to the denial of services paid for, and agreed upon.
  4. bardybard Augur

You should demand to speak to Darkpaw's manager, this is unacceptable!!!
  5. Uuggerr New Member

Maybe we should ask....... what about EQ and EQ2?

Planet side and DC server's are all online
  6. Uuggerr New Member

EQ2 servers are up, EQ is still down.
  7. Uuggerr New Member

EQ servers are up, go play
  8. Nolrog Augur

9. TheDohn Augur

It's $15.

Fifteen. Dollars.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

What ISP is that? It's certainly not Comcast, cuz they are evil. But even good and helpful ISP's like WideOpenWest don't do that, and they upgraded me from 60mb/s to 100mb/s for free. So while it's possible that some companies do this, it is not the norm.
  11. Karreck Somebody

You've been playing since 1999 and you still don't expect server downtime to happen every now and then?

Also, 1/365 of a yearly subscription is about 50 cents. Are you really getting your panties in a twist over 50 cents?
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL. That's all. Just, LOL.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

Meh, they don’t have to but they should lean towards “appreciation” bonuses. They represent no virtual cost to DPG, but earn good will. Customers revel in empathy like hogs in mud.
  14. modsiw Augur

Here's what you agreed to:

Koshk likes this.
  15. Xeris Augur

The funny thing is you clearly don't know what you agreed to with Daybreak, because they don't guarantee availability. Also, maybe you have the nicest ISP of all time, I've never heard of an ISP refunding customers when their services go down.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All of the ISP in the UK must automatically refund eight pounds per day of non-available service now when a customer's connection is not restored within two business days, this was brought in by the regulator Ofcom in April of 2019.
    KrakenReality likes this.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

Yeah, UK, EU, and Australia have much better consumer protections than the US. The basic response is always to go f*ck off, because you agreed to some non-negotiable EULA.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yeah US regulators are often toothless due to "regulatory capture" or "corporate capture" but no nation is entirely immune to that type of corruptive influence.