When is that super augment coming out?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Cicelee Augur

You know, the one based on your achievement score?
    Nennius and RPoo like this.
  2. kimbotta Lorekeeper

Remember when we where going to get an augment based on old world hunter and a bunch of babies threw a fit ? This would be that magnified.

So never.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

If they do that, then I hope only achievements attainable through in-game means counts.
    And not something silly like having to buy every single hero's forge ornament in marketplace...

Personally, I think they should do an augment that gets stronger the more keys you have in /key... ;)
    Sokki, Skuz and Yinla like this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Thank god. I don’t even do the Hunter achievements for modern expansions. I genuinely don’t see the appeal of waiting for some random mob to spawn that offers no reward or challenge and has an excessively low spawn percentage. EQ is a waste of time, but Hunter and especially Old world hunter achievements are a massive waste of time.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice to get something to spend Achivement points on.
  6. Sancus Augur

If there are rewards for achievement points beyond the rewards associated with the achievements themselves, they should be cosmetic or otherwise unrelated to character power.
    Astral64, Allayna, Skuz and 8 others like this.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Want new content not old content.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I agree with Sancus. Any character power item or ability related to old achievements would leave new/returning players and alts in the dust.

The reward could be a high demand cosmetic like a BFG ornament. original efreeti (Noble Dojorn) illusion, or platinum armor ornament suit.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  9. Sobmre Augur

whats about the hero's aa's then ?
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Devs can autogrant Hero AAs (beyond a certain expansion) with little controversy or fanfare.

If they put in a brand new "super aug" to stay competitive (uber version of Artisan's Prize for T1 or min-max), then there's gonna be a ton of drama.
  11. Jennre Band Leader

I wouldn't even care if it added a little to character power.

I haven't done a lot of older achievements, but rewarding those that did play through all content seems fair.

As to causing drama, people will complain about anything no matter what so it makes no difference.
    Elyssanda and Cicelee like this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A lot of achievements are pretty "meh", Im hoping they only choose achievements that have actual content associated with them. :)
    Questing old keys is actual content with developer-involvement and thought put into it. Slayer-achievements or maxing begging-skill, is not content...imho...
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think the issue is the reward has to be good enough to justify redoing old content. The problem is it may be "too good" (mega buffed Artisan's Prize).

There's also min-max drama on EQ2. I fear that kind of steep power curve (stat-flation) and culture taking hold here.

I have decided not to grind 'The Tears of Alaris' aug on alts. I fear the slough of repeating (or returning) and feeling discouraged happening here. So far, 'The Tears of Alaris' has not been autogranted or upgraded. (Though, thinking about it, maybe an upgraded Tears to +10% defense or +5% offense aug might be feasible for an overall achievement aug).
  14. Warpeace Augur

Can it be a proc aug as the reward:D
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  15. Cicelee Augur

Every 10 achievement points = 1 h/m/e

Figure out conversions for AC and heroics.

Is this that game overwhelming? Max TS people have 1400 h/m/e more than me and it isn't affecting me at all.

Is it that much more powerful to give someone with an achievement score of 40k an extra 4k HP? If you have 40k in achievements, then 4k HP is probably irrelevant.
    RPoo and Jennre like this.
  16. Cicelee Augur

How long would it take one developer to do a 10 achievement = 1 h/m/e augment calculation in the game (and corresponding AC and heroics and mods and stuff) and name it?

Serious question. They have the formula, I would think, with Artisan Prize in place.

Edit- I see what you mean, I initially read it as time spent creating new content, you want to spend time in new content instead of going to classic to kill skunks or whatever for a slayer achievement score for an extra HP. No one is forcing anyone to go back, just like no one forces anyone to get Artisan Prize to 3k HP.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

Silly argument, this game is built upon small changes snowballing into something much larger. If, you're part of raid team then you should do your part to make yourself 1% better. It's only fair to the rest of your team. Somebody, might suck but if they mathematically suck 1% less then that's a win.

Just leave the achievement points as they are, a meaningless number that some obsessive people want to make bigger.
    Skuz, Accipiter and Sancus like this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Crapstone: Gains power the more useless junk you have crammed into banks and houses.
    Sokki likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

I wonder how many in ROI have a max Artisan Prize for that extra 1500 h/m/e...
  20. Jennre Band Leader

Not me, thats for sure. Tradeskills make me wanna /cut.