Tired of competing against MuiQuasi bazaar sellers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Come on, you're smarter than that. EVERY krono redeemed for subscription time came from DBG.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Svann2 The Magnificent

It would then have zero value.
    No one would buy them from DBG or take them in trade for anything.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Just make offline trader the only option for trader mode.

Stop allowing people to modify their trader values live by keeping the character online.
    Fenthen, Jhenna_BB and Schadenfreude like this.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

Whatever. I can see why people gave up years ago actively trying to discuss issues with you.
  5. Zapsos Augur

There are many problems with botters, but I don't think a more efficient market is one of them...
  6. Duder Augur

Explain how botters automatically and blindly undercutting is more efficient.
    Nennius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess there is always that when you don't have the facts on your side :)
    Duder likes this.
  8. Moege Augur

So on top of them running their adjustments every 20mins or so, now they have to log in every 20 mins.
    I would actually be fine with implementing a listing fee e.g 10% of the list price. Each time you adjust the price.
    Niskin likes this.
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Pick a number of free price adjustments per day, some amount a normal player would be unlikely to hit. Like 200 or something. If you adjust any bazaar prices past your free 200 per day, it automatically charges you 1% of the listed price. If you don't have the plat you cannot adjust the price again until tomorrow.

Bot enforcement is clearly not the solution due to darkpaw's unwillingness to enforce it. Making it unprofitable to run an automated price fixer is the solution, and would be hands off for customer service once implemented.
    Niskin likes this.
  10. Mikana Augur

I've been doing something similar with certain tradeskilled items, "drip feeding" them into the bazaar, below current market price. Each time I put a new one on my trader, an hour or so later, another trader goes to buy it from me, presumably to try to corner the market, as they sell the same item for a higher price.

Once in a rare while, I sell to a real player (can then see them out in the world, rather than only in bazaar), but generally all my sales go to this one other vendor.
  11. Flatchy Court Jester

I Just see the mining of Kronos to pay for your accounts has more negatives than positives to the game. If you have all the time in the world to bot up some plat to buy them krono its better for you. I myself enjoyed the game more when we didnt have to compete against the rabid botters.
  12. Schadenfreude Augur

Those days are long gone, unfortunately.

- Raids being botted within 24 hours of release. No action.
    - Rampant powerlevelling for RMT. Constant PL spam in /general, Bazaar and PoK. No action.
    - Rampant scripting of zones for days on end. [Efreeti shouts "Bot tank!" to the entire zone]. No action.
    - Rampant price-fixing of bazaar traders. No action.
    WeezFv likes this.
  13. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

It's something that can't be avoided though. All Krono related issues have to be looked at through the lens of "you can't stop people from spending real money to buy in-game things." Once you accept that, then it's best that DPG be the one profiting from it, and that the system is implemented in a way that minimizes CS tickets and customer issues in general.

So DPG sells the Krono and gives them value by being redeemable for things. Whether or not they did that, people would still farm plat and items and sell them on 3rd party sites. They do it now, even with the system in place. But at least most people want a safe route to convert real money to in-game money, so the system is more popular than the 3rd party route. So either way, the botters farming stuff aren't going anywhere.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

hmmm I quoted the wrong thing that this was a response to my bad.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess there is always that when you don't have the facts on your side :)
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Honestly, I'd like to hear the rationale as to why this idea wasn't implemented years ago. Is Dark Paw valuing the business of cheaters over legitimate players?
    WeezFv and Duder like this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

Id think that wouldnt really solve the 'problem'. It would just force the program to use a 2nd character to scan pricing, and then log the trader in when a change needed to be made. Yea it would be an inconvenience, but more of an inconvenience to the honest player than to them. If it takes them 2 minutes to update pricing rather than 2 seconds that doesnt change the economics of it.

Maybe instead you could suggest that traders cant update pricing more than once a day.
    Jhenna_BB, Hayzeus and Duder like this.
  18. Duder Augur

You forgot Rampant botting of missions to sell taskadds. No action
    WeezFv likes this.
  19. Dept. of Labor New Member

I have reported several blatantly obvious players in the bazaar using the auto price adjust program.
    I get the same generic response from the GM each time that "rest assured it will be investigated but we can't share any details blah blah blah."
    It doesn't. They just Do. Not. Care. Period.
    I'm with you, I absolutely despise those that /auto undercut constantly.
    Daybreak needs to do something to combat it. They need to actively DO something when people send in petitions with Proof & start perma-banning the users that do it.
    I won't hold my breath.
    WeezFv and Duder like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

AFK players aren't going to go to that much effort, IMO.

I think Offline only is a good idea but then I start to think about scenarios where it would be a pain. I often start my trader and then go through and adjust my prices as needed. That might take 10-15 minutes in some cases. I guess they could put a time limit on it. Having said all that, I don't think this is a big enough problem to warrant DPG spending time and money on it.