going from 2box to 3box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tinolien, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Tinolien Journeyman

is it worth it to build around a warrior tank now that i can pick three classes? i know sk is best pick in 2box but now that i have three?

also how does pal/wiz/chant compare to any war or sk based three box?
  2. RhekEQ New Member

What server/era are you on?
  3. Tinolien Journeyman

rizlona. likely wont get leveled til closer to the end of POP so id like to prepare for after POP
  4. Thewiz Augur

For a 3 man team with a plate tank I'd go SK or paladin. The more utility you can bring the better.
  5. Gnothappening Augur

I would do pal, ench, druid before I did pal, wiz, chant. You need more heals and a druid gives you some heals along with travel. You get double crack from druid and enchanter so mana is good as well.

EDIT: You could also look into bard/pal/druid. Bard is easy peasy to box with /melody.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Damezza Augur

i think what im really asking is if a warrior is that much better for tougher content
  7. Zinth Augur

druid mana doesn't stack with pally self buffs though but it benefits druid/chanter to interchange their mana buffs but you get near full compliment of buffs only lacking shammy/beast "focus" line. you have skin/symbol/brells which is quite handy
  8. Appren Gnomercy

It's not better for any concent you will 3-man. If you are pushing raid mobs and a 6 box to the limit, then yes, it can be better.
  9. Tinolien Journeyman

i think the issue im having with sk/chant/mage is the duo use of the sham in heals AND dots(in general, i love dots.) and the lack of synergy with mage pet.

the sk has mana problems when chain pulling. the sham has mana problems with doting and healing. the mage mostly sits there watching his pet do work, blowing up when mana permits...

seems like replacing the mage with something that supported the mana bars for the SK and sham would do more for the group than just the DPS of the mage pet.

chanter,bard,beast, and druid all get mana regen buffs right? or can mage just feed sk sham with mod rods?
  10. Appren Gnomercy

Chanter certainly is strong, if you use charm effectively. If you don't charm, it's mediocre at best, especially considering that you can typically get C3 on your party before heading out for a session. Granted, on Rizlona there is nowhere near the amount of "selling buff" players that, say, Aradune has.

Bard has the plus of being very easily boxed, and can provide regen and passive dps bonus, and ease of pulls.

Druid is ok, but kinda "meh", but the added travel/succor options can be useful.

I would i no way replace the shaman as a part of the SK trio, the flexibility of heals, buffs and dps (and added dps with proc buffs) is too good to replace. The only reason to replace shm, would be if you want to focus on heavily using charm, but not sure exactly how that holds up in later expansions, while SK+SHM+whatever is always strong.
  11. Tinolien Journeyman

lol hate charming!

i guess im just very unfimiliar with bard. seems like i will fall into a primarily bard focused play style... macro sham, position and macro sk, chain pull on bard right? how do bards melee dps and tankability rank? other than twisting buffs and OP fade pulling, what they do bring to the table?

are there any other classes that can help support the mana bar for the Sk sham so im not constantly scratching the bottom of mana bars and under utilizing the classes?

how important is CC?
  12. Gnothappening Augur

Curious why your SK is running out of mana. Have you tried using mental corruption?
  13. SunDrake Augur

.. have you played a SHD/SHM to determine that you experience mana issues? This is not my experience, at all. I'd also say unless you have some super tricky pull, you should just be pulling with your SHD. Most 'mana problems' are actually DPS problems. You likely aren't killing fast enough. CC is also most important if your DPS is too low. But with a SHD and a BRD, you shouldn't be having adds unless you are just choosing to or otherwise being a bit sloppy when you pull.

Edit: You do not need to play an ENC in order to have mana regen, either. At this stage, just grab a mana buff every few hours and get back at it.
  14. Tinolien Journeyman

dang. been leveling an enchanter all day haha.

i guess i was thinking aoe stuns, hard lock down CC and dot synergy with shaman was worth it
  15. Nebby Lorekeeper

SHD/SHM are one of the best 2 box setups. Its a complete beast setup. Anyone telling you different hasn't played them together. Shouldn't have CC issues with SK pulling. Only thing I would add to the mix is DPS. SKs don't start dpsing till 70ish. BRD isn't worth the extra dps slot. If you are having issues with SHM mana you could add a druid. You got quick dots extra heals and ports. if not I would do a mage or Necro. Mage Auto assist with pet nuke every now and then. They can Help with malo and save SHM mana. Necro, you have pet dmg and Dots, and emergency Rez if something goes horrible. That's just my 2 cents.

2 boxing you can do consistent and play both chars at almost peak performance.

Once you start going 3 or 4 characters you start to slack off on things. It is really hard to focus on 3+ characters and get top performance out of them. Mostly when I box more than 2. Its because the group needs something and key class until we find one LFG. That is just my personal experience. I no longer have the drive to play more than 2 characters at a time.
    TheInquisitor likes this.
  16. Kiaro Augur

SK/SHM/BRD is going to be a powerhouse in all era, DPS is a bit slow, but both SK and Bard really pick up starting in PoTime gear, when OoW hits the extra AAs and such make that trio capable of killing minor raid bosses in era.
  17. Arhok House of Embertune

How many threads and on how many alts are you going to post before you pick a comp and play the damn game?
  18. Herf Augur

As you may have heard, warrior is the most gear dependent class. Possibly the most AA dependent class. With Time gear through PoP you can get well up over 13k HP, 1000 AC sword and board, slightly less AC with dual wield. You'll even be doing some slightly noticeable DPS. But it takes a lot of effort to get there, and of course, access to Time. Something like 350-400 AAs not including buying disposable glyphs.

In Time, warriors are generally the tank of choice, except for things like Inny, who fears, so SKs or Palys are used. SKs and Pallies are also used for off tanking and rampage tanking.