Kalandicar Raid question - CoV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

How many drakes are supposted to go active at a time?

Final set tonight we had 7, the other week we had 2 as our first set.

Just curious as to how many we should have and if it is set each spawn or random.
  2. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Drakes, "a guardian of Klandicar," are two at a time. But, it sounds like you're talking about the young dragons. For the first set of those, you should get 4 small dragons, and the second set should have 7 of them.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You can see them in the egg area (use an eye to get there ... will boot you back if you try to run as a toon in there) when the event is ready to start.

Technically, there are 5 minis in the first wave since one spawns a pet (although we don't always see the pet ... at least lately). But the names are always the same for each wave.

Lag is a big factor on how many actually get to you, especially the second wave.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Lag/Brokenness on the first set can get you anywhere from 0 to 4.
    Plan for 4.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know, I think we usually get 4 and 7, but we have seen oddness of different numbers. I thought there was a total of 8 seems I was wrong. :) Had a feeling our early win was 4 and 4, but we have had patches since then and wasn't sure if things had changed.

Totally threw us when we only got 2, tanks were looking for the other 2 lol.
    Svann2 likes this.
  6. Warpeace Augur

The Guardians are HP based adds and come in pairs of two, If you just face roll the DPS on Klandicar your going to get multiple Guardians and then also bring the first batch of 4 Brood into the fight. As stated Lag can also get you a second set of Guardians fairly easy, so either plan for multiple adds or watch your dps and Klandicar's HP.

You want your DPS feeding mobs to your tanks pushing Klandicar but not swamping them.

Depending on Lag you can get all 7 of the final Brood or a number between 7 and ZERO. Have experienced a run with zero brood making it to the raid because of lag.
  7. Lianeb Augur

First Wave Basnivan, Emterizad, Harissa, Takidar
    Second Wave Erdigal, Fumkaid, Muncedir, Yzarma, Islak, Reysyr`, Vylpa

Emterizad and Yzarma can both summon a pet
    Eaiana, Redsumm and Yinla like this.
  8. Jennre Band Leader

Vylpa is a good dancer
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You know this for a fact? I have only ever witnessed Vylpa expressing anger and frustration whilst trying to eat Knights. I think a dance off is in order.
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Wow! These posts always amaze me. We never have this type of lag on Klandicar. Never - not once. We always get all 5 sets of drake adds, and the dragon broodlings always come on schedule!
  11. Lianeb Augur

[Sun Apr 11 18:19:46 2021] Vylpa prepares to dance.
    [Sun Apr 11 18:19:47 2021] Reysyr prepares to dance.
  12. Drakang Augur

Lag on this and other events depends alot on when you raid and server load. On saturday evening raids we see alot more lag than on Sunday afternoon.
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yes. Yes.....but is Vylpa a GOOD dancer?????