Confirmed Lord Nagafen and The Fabled Magus Rokyl

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by narksar, Apr 17, 2021.

1. narksar Augur

Option 1: A bunch of level 52s go to defeat Lord Nagafen in Nagafen's Lair, only to discover that they also pull a level 70 fabled mob they can't kill but can't pull separately due to aggro radius

Option 2: A 52+ level char pulls The Fabled Magus Rokyl, only to get instantly banished by Lord Nagafen who aggros due to aggro radius. Neither one can be pulled alone and no one high enough to kill The Fabled Magus Rokyl can avoid being banished.

I would think that any player-made solutions to this wouldn't be how the devs truly want us to play the game, assuming any such solutions even exist.
    dank, Nennius, Yinla and 4 others like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think they should remove the 52+banishment-mechanic from all the old raids.
    (and remove the trivial lootcode from the game too)
    dank and Fenthen like this.
  3. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

I agree that the 52 requirement is a bit of a dated mechanic now.

I can think of a few work around a but it shouldn’t be necessary to enjoy the game.
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Interesting. A fun puzzle. I'm certainly no expert. And I don't have enough of the right levels to do a proper test.

Just did a quick test, on Zek. After a corpse dragging and rez at the corner before the door...

L18 Necro (pet and merc) L61 Mage (pet and merc)

-18 was able to sit on third step from the top, click on door, see and target Naggy, see and target Fabled Rokyl, and using 4th camera view swing around to see and target the two FGs beside the door. All while fully visible and sitting.

-18 targets FG by door, send pet.
    -kill pet
    -61 merc at corner casts on 18
    -kill 18
    -61, pet, and merc Banished
    -18 merc still alive offers 10% rez to 18
    -pretty quickly 18 rezs to third step from door, door closed, everything inside, nothing aggro

I did make the mistake of having the high and low level still grouped. Might try another test later.
  5. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Not intended, but I guess the work around is same way you do it now to kill it without bothering with a super twink.

Level 115, pops dps merc. Group with level 52. Set level 115 as puller. Level 52 engages, merc blows them up, as long as the level 52 can survive that long (DA class is a good thing here).
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  6. narksar Augur

I've considered a solution; set Nagafen's aggro radius to be smaller when the Fabled Magus is around, and set the Fabled Magus to no faction so he doesn't aggro Nagafen when pulled.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Or change 52 to 85 so Heroic characters have a shot at it.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Option 3: a level 52 character pulls Magus to the higher level group waiting a room away, and dies/gates/etc to drop all aggro. Then the higher level group has a freshly pulled Magus with 0 chain aggro.
  9. narksar Augur

1. Naggy comes with Magus. I've seen naggy walk all the way to the drawbridge.
    2. To the extent that your idea works, is this truly the intended way to play the game?