Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PVPme, Apr 13, 2021.

1. ForumNugget Journeyman

In case you didn't read his post, he said, "at least THE FASTEST XP is no longer mind mind numbingly boring and infuriatingly tedious." So, you get rid of the Deep and the fastest xp is now Velks OC/OC. Now you have to do it for 6 months instead of 3 if you want the fastest xp.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

No need. Wizard pbaoe are useless without enchanters. That is what is so funny about this. Besides, wizards already have a ton of useless spell lines. The entire Al'kabor line is crap. These days even columns are kinda crap. PBAOE are crap unless under very specific conditions. They have rains, direct nukes, and ports, at least that is all they have during the life of a TLP.

EDIT: Also, a lot of their PBAOE do share a timer. They just happen to be fire aoe one a timer, same for ice and magic.
  3. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Not true in all circumstances. For example trash in VT, we pull in trains and have the wizards pbae'ing without any enchanter stuns.
  4. yerm Augur

Did you guys know that back when the tlp golden ages were current, people were making the exact same complaints about casters and especially enchanters? Did you know that during gates of discord, they HEAVILY nerfed charm and only left a couple OP exceptions like pookahs? Not only did they nerf charm while rebalancing (and fixing) the "current" god content, they heavily crippled it for the content (70+) going forward!

Not just charm either guys! They actually began nerfing pbaoe stuns before the charm nerfs! Ldon content was tweaked to not be abuseable by it. Zones like fungus grove, maidens eye, and chardok (yes tlp chardok is NOT original chardok, wild I know) were made more difficult to ae down. Seb was probably the only zone to start as a popular ae spot and survive as still viable. But that wasn't the end of it. They discontinued the ae stun rotation past level 55. Then they tweaked aa gain a few times before TSS which had the effect of making level capped folks not bother with it. Pbaoe stunning 70+ became a relic.

So basically, all these balance gripes and howling about enchanters bring imba and how you want the game changed... its been fixed for almost 2 decades. All you have to do is manage to not quit the game after pop! Expansions like dodh are chock full of good, fun, op-enchanter-less group content.

So if you want the game the way people wailed for and had given to them back when, go play it. It's right there. Just please for the love of god do NOT try to force the pre-god game to be rebalanced to match the 70 era, if you aren't even willing to play that era and see how it works for yourself.
    Niskin likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Lmao, so many tears.
    They've been nerfing all zone disrupting level of ae pulls. You can say "just get more enchanters" but that still reduces the amount of aoeing happening. It doesnt remove the ability but it lessens it. Also, even adding 2 enchanters the risk is still increased because the stuns are going off less regularly.
  6. a_librarian Augur

If the intent is to prevent massive zone disrupting behavior then this change doesn't succeed. They've just made it a more degenerate act requiring better automation and more enchanters. Are they going to see the deep go from 4 picks down to 2 and consider that a success? Maybe. Personally I'd not consider that a competently designed change if it half accomplishes the goal. But hey we have no idea what the goal is because the development team doesn't communicate with their customers.

I still think this change was a dev thinking enchanters were too strong and selecting the lowest cost option off a list. This particular nerf could have been implemented in an hour. If they specifically want to end zone disrupting mass AE groups then we're gonna see them shovel on more changes in the near future. I'm just glad I had my fun when it was possible, and am pretty well over the extreme dullness of pre 65 EQ.
  7. Moranis Augur

It would be interesting to know the rationale for this... something tells me there's more to this ban than just disrupting The Deep PBAOE groups.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

It doesn't fix the core issue which is, like so many of the complaints on this board, centered on Aradune and people playing more than two. I hope the takeaway from this by DPG is that Aradune was a mistake and that they shouldn't repeat those TLP rules again.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

That is a very good point. The thing is, I think people are more upset about how Aradune 2 boxing isn't enforced, which is the cause of all of this. These special people who complain that AoE makes it impossible to exp in the deep and such, won't ever exp in the deep more than once because they will realize that that zone sucks.
    Accipiter likes this.
  10. Dirkman Journeyman

I just hope they dont do something stupid and make the next server a NO BOX server. Would take Karadune to a whole new level of Kareness.
  11. yerm Augur

They don't care about xping in the deep (or seb or the sides of griegs) and that's not why they rant about it. They care about other people xping there and getting more of something than they are. It's not fundamentally much different than the enchanters who wanted charm nerfed because they didn't want to have to personally be called on to charm or made to feel inferior because they were not doing it or doing it well. It's as the guy in between our posts says - karens.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I don't think we have to worry about that.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

It's one of the worst zones ever built. The only reason to go there other than AE is for quests and the shrink rod.
    Sebbun likes this.
  14. Montag Augur

Daybreak hire this man!

The TLPs are successful because of stuff like this. Please don't bring balance changes from far less popular eras back into the early days eras people love!
  15. Youdeserve New Member

A change to stop plvling. I am ok with this. Tired of seeing it.
  16. Womble New Member

At a certain point grinding xp the "standard" way becomes unbearably tedious. Congrats on taking away a viable and fun alternative to sitting for hours at Grieg's End. AOEing was something I enjoyed with my guildmates. Daybreak, maybe you should be addressing the fundamental weakness in your woefully limited XP acquisition options instead.

Anyway well done Fun Police for taking some of the joy out of the game.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

Ya standing there while one guy pulls and then 3 bots do the rest of the work is exciting and challenging.

Sorry your krono train dried up.
  18. Faydra Augur

AE groups being reduced will be a good thing for the game. All it did was enable RMT and zone disruption.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

What part of the change makes you think that is going away and not just being removed from "real" groups and given to the commercial bot groups entirely?
  20. Faydra Augur

Oh I agree, this just removes the non-professional operations and regular groups from participating. However, it will significantly reduce the number of AE groups mass clearing zones. Not an ideal fix, I actually really like the color cloud line, but it will reduce the 'AE group or nothing' attitude of players on the next TLP.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.