Paladin swarm pets

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Jokskilove, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Jokskilove Palzerker

I'm looking for more swarm pets to potentially help boost my mage's shockwave of many spell. I seem to have collected a few over the years, but never used them much since they weren't a huge gain on their own. Could someone help in compiling a list? I'd like to disregard items that proc pets (e.g. Spear of Fire) for now.

I can think of:
    Rune of Tallon (from Plane of War)
    Deathseeker's Exarch Breastplate (from The Broken Mirror)

... And then my mind goes blank.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

That rabbit clicky.

Projection of piety aa gives 1 pet.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

erudite pirate necklace
  4. Wulfhere Augur

Cloth Cap with baby Veeshans
  5. Lubianx Augur

The Underfoot BPs have the Froglok ghost pet
  6. Rondor Augur

I edited the list above later to add links and a few more I found. Some of these are ones people already answered to, others are new, all llisted here for convenience.
  7. Chaosflux Augur

I can usually keep 3 paladin swarm pets up, 2 to 3 mage swarms + static and I have sham along so I get woofwoof and 3 to 6 pack pets

Use Shard of Eternal pain in your weapon (its a type 8 aug with a high procrate) need to crowd the mobs frontal arc and then they spawn behind the mob
  8. Jokskilove Palzerker

Thanks a lot for your contributions - especially Rondor for compiling the links! Lots of good stuff to work on :) Keep it coming if you think of anything else!
  9. Wulfhere Augur

There is no proc rate mod on this augment's item data so I would assume it has a normal rate.

Makes me wonder if a weapon augment gains any proc rate mod from the weapon it imbues?
  10. shiftie Augur

It’s the advent of hdex I believe oh and yaulp.

Also I think he plays with a permabard
  11. Chaosflux Augur

I might have misremembered proc rate mod on it, but I pretty consistently have 2 to 4 swarm pets out concurrently just from that aug. That helps get to the 6+ tier of Storm, since you average about 3 pets out at any given time, though I've had as many as 6 out. Can't recall if it can twinproc but that might explain part of it too.

No bard that would help, but def yaulp and Hdex geared, which certainly affects my proc rate.
  12. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Fabled Plane of Fire weapon...Spear of Fire
  13. shiftie Augur

You could always quest out a gnoll slayer or camp the froglok summoner in upper guk for a brazier of elemental summoning. Then give either pet gear and a bunch of buffs and see if they stay alive
  14. Wulfhere Augur

My sometimes mage box uses Oathbound Hammer to proc more swarm pets herself too.