Avoid PL's from Hazey

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Masfonos, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Laronk Augur

This forum is full of people who walked up hill thru snow both ways in their minds and any kind of catch up mechanic is bad to them. They oppose new heroics, its a hard life for those who don't box and are not max level or close to it.

There's a real problem when you actually need to play the game for hundreds of hours just to have built yourself up good enough where you can start playing with the majority of players. Sure it can be done way faster by some people.

People wouldn't buy as many PLs if the catchup mechanic was better.
    Duder likes this.
  2. quakedragon Augur

One of the things I can see to steer away people trying this game is 1-95 is solo, 65-95 is pretty dang long too, a lot of time spent.

Other games like GW2, jump in at level 1, goto some places that autoscale you up, and participate in events just press 1 and get awards from event without even partying or raiding up.

If you think about it, newplayer plays, does tutorial, finishes it, they in CR clueless now, by now they probably destroyed or forgotten about the scroll that leads them to another NPC. They don't know where the monsters are. They have no knowledge of Plane of Knowledge. Less than 1% to find any groups 1-95. There's no guilds whispering you "are you in a guild, want to join us?"

Vast majority people are in the 95 or higher content. Old games like OSRS still have people in the newbie zones, but EQ its vast barren wasteland until 65, then maybe you'll see someone.

To be honest, comparing GW2 and EQ, EQ was doing pretty good at it's 8 year mark. But 22 years now, still doing decent, its 22 years, but 1-95 is very barren now 22 years later. I feel like we are due for another TSS like expansion. 1-115/120 easy mode questline expansion (like TSS is super friendly 1-75).
    When I say easymode, I mean all the quests are in the same zone, give good rewards and xp, and loot just like TSS. Even easier SoF, SoD, HoT, who'd think (leveling still takes a long time solo on levels 65-95, and nobody to play with too, thats why people want PL). But I think its time for another TSS (helping newplayers expansion) if they want to continue this game many more years.
    65 -95 is pretty much hell for newbies. Solo, nobody around, people are going to quit. Nobody been around 1-65, 65-95 still no one around, and its now taking even longer, difficulty ramping up, and still solo, its not fun anymore.
    A new TSS like expansion is due.
    For a new TSS like expansion, I'd recommend huge level ranges, like 1-30, 30 - 65, 65-100, 100 - 115/120 level zone. So those hell levels 65-95, theres one place, the best to be in, and its for a long time. If there is such thing as any other 65-95 person around, even better chances to see them.
    BFM I believe is 15-40, mesa being what 40-60?
    The thing that made TSS great was the massive level range zones, since TSS, every zone is pretty much 70-75, 75-80, 5 level range. We need zones 30 level range especially for the mid levels 65-95.
  3. Zarkdon Augur

Something that could get you from 65 to 85 and then 85 to 100 with decent droppable items would be fantastic. And an extension to the defiant gear. It can be very expensive, or require very compassionate guild members, to equip new characters.

Getting up to EoK gear without having to sort through every expansions group armor would make the final slog much easier.

And raising heroic characters to 105.
    quakedragon likes this.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

I've PL'd lots of my own characters. There are a lot of reasons to PL:
    • New character for your box group. PL them until they get enough levels to group with the main group.
    • Returning to a class you played a lot in the past. You already know how to play a rogue, so no need to relive it all.
    • To catch up with friends.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My assumption is that if you pay strangers to PL you, you are probably paying a professional botter.
  6. Filter Augur

Sucks that OP got taken advantage of and the person doing it is POC. Personally, I enjoy PLing my toons but if I didn't I would gladly pay the plat or krono for the service since time is $. Heck if I pay $18 to get some levels or gear as a returning player that would be an easy decision, do it. You spend $18 on a lunch if you're that strapped for cash so you don't eat lunch one day. Pick whatever item, Starbucks for 2 days or....

Point is there is no need to badger the OP about wanting to get his toon PL'd. He did nothing wrong except trust a scumbag. If I were you, I would find the best guild (furthest progression and best reputation) and ask some of their players to PL you. Those guys get bored out of their minds with the lack of content and wouldn't mind making some plat at times.

Sorry you lost your krono.
  7. Zamiam Augur

I have paid (not R/L money) but a krono or 2 or pp for a PL here or there .. I can do it myself although sometimes I get lazy and want someone else to do it .. the pp or krono I farm myself with my trader or just by farming the pp ..

I also never ever give them the krono till I get half the lvls first .. or Time .. if they dont like it too bad .. I'm not gonna hand over a krono till services are rendered or at least till i know she/he are legit ..

I will also do a /who all < and write any pertinent info down guild tag etc .. etc.. also any other toons names in his box'd group ..

Make sure your /log file is turned on before all the communications and take a few screenshots ..

I'm sorry you lost your Krono ..its sad that 1 bad scammer can ruin the game for someone .. I hope he did not ruin your game and know that there are alot of good people who play this game ..

if your on Bertox look me up i'll help you out when I can .. I play late at night early am pacific time .. I cant swarm PL but Ive got multiple lvl 115 toons that i can use .. can do just about anything in ToV with alittle help with extra dps .. only thing i cant do yet is the Hero missions .. send me a PM here and i'll let you know my in-game toon name if you want to group up sometime .. its hard to find people that play during my time frame ..

Enjoy and have Fun !!