Instead of nerfing enchanters how bout fix wiz/mage agro?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Montag Augur

I mean, gee whiz, do things that don't make people quit the game.
    Appren likes this.
  2. Rcbauer Augur

Over not being able to make krono to RMT?
    Bye.
  3. Montag Augur

What are you talking about?
  4. yerm Augur

AE stun wasn't being used for krono farming. It was used for powerleveling and later for a small set of raids. Krono farming is generally done in places like SG and not using these stuns.
  5. Glowerss Augur

That's not strictly true. There's groups of RMT PLers west side of deep in 1-3 picks 24/7 on Aradune. They were a blight on Mangler too. Whole box armies of 34+ Aeing seb 24/7.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Do something about box armies controlling a zone so people can use that zone too. Do something about box armies controlling a zone.

(something is done about box armies controlling a zone).

NERF
  7. Katharsis New Member

While they are at it, they can look into the Beastlord aggro (in raids) too. Don't get me wrong, aggro management is part of the game, but ours is disproportional in line with the damage done. Having to back off (even in 20% HP burn moments) in raids to avoid aggro for a class that is decent damage at best does not help. And yes yes, read it all before "get a better tank", "you're utility", etc.

And yes in practice it's manageable by adjusting and not go all out, but still...backing off because you do much damage and to temper it is one thing (and acceptable), over having to backing off because some mechanics (MOTM) adversely affects a class in the wake of a remediation the devs needed to have for other reasons. Lame at best for them to ignore that and go "it is what it is".
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

I see where you're going with this, but did this change really do anything for the box armies? They need a couple more enchanters and "regular" AE groups will have a harder time. If anything this change incentivizes commercial PL groups since it will be much harder to PL with just friends/guildies.
  9. Rcbauer Augur

Denial is not just a river in Egypt
  10. AoEBox Elder

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.
    If you have proof they are RMTing please report them with proof ?

I was one of those 34 man armies on Mangler / Coirnav / Agnarr and it was not just 1 individual playing, these were guild events for individuals who were unable to level at the rate others in our guild were so we would pop instances and pickhop with multiple groups to PLOW through levels for multiple people in an expedited timeframe.
    Granted there are plenty of instances people are boxing that many and those individual should be reported and suspended / banned or whatever is determined.

I also used to sell slots in my groups in Deep,Seb,Chardok,PoI and plenty of other zones. This was not for RMT but for funding character upgrades , spells , potions , ST keys , VT shards , Rift LRs.

The assumption that anyone who has multiple groups AoEing is RMTing is absurd.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

Ignore him.
  12. ForumNugget Journeyman

I hope you are trolling because this enchanter change benefits RMTers, not hurts them.
  13. Gnothappening Augur

I can't speak for mage aggro, but back in the day the pants from PoP for wizards were a huge deal because they let you weave a concussion in between nukes. At this point though on TLPs, wizard and mage spells could do zero aggro and monks would still out parse them for the life of the TLP.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

Mage pants are clicky mod rods so that doesn't help with aggro. The issue is mostly around pet transfer due to motm.
  15. Xeris Augur

also, the concussion from pants makes little impact. you need to cast concussion like 15 times to do anything. just casting 1 concussion b/t nuke cooldowns won't do anything
  16. HoodenShuklak Augur

When will warriors get Feign Death?
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

They can't have it. It shares a timer with their Real Death ability.
    Skuz and Niskin like this.
  18. Gnothappening Augur

If numbers are right, concussion is -400 hate. How bad are your tanks that you are outstripping them more than -400 hate to each nuke isn't enough? I don't raid as a wizard so I'm not saying you are wrong, but seriously, how bad are your tanks?
  19. Phiyre Augur

I was so excited when my wizzie got his silk panties.. So many years ago....
  20. Piznut Angry Gnome

I have friends who paid RL money to be powerleveled on TLPs before by those groups. Don't sit there and play stupid to something that VERY OBVIOUSLY happens on every TLP. THAT is absurd.