Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PVPme, Apr 13, 2021.

1. AoEBox Elder

If you got out of the basement you wouldn't be malnourished.
  2. Thunn Journeyman

Take away another fun thing from Enchanters. Glad I quit playing last month
    Xoner and AoEBox like this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

This is a horrible ******* decision. Horrible. JChan, if you approved this, maybe it's time to move on.

4. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Yeah I decided to stop playing a few weeks ago, and seeing stuff like this doesn’t make me regret that decision
  5. Rcbauer Augur

Poor chanters. You're just the most OP class from classic to PoP.
  6. Thunn Journeyman

Had fun playing until Luclin but the grind for VT keys just ruined the enjoyment. Now you guys start nerfing the Enchanter class even more.
    We already have absolutely nothing to do on raids but buff and watch. Can't charm anything. Can't mez anything.
    It's damn boring. I never got my epic either because I don't feel like doing several 8-20 hour camps.
    /later
  7. Triconix Augur

What uhhh does this have to do with his statement regarding affecting modern raids? Oh that's right...nothing.

If you aren't going to acknowledge or read or understand what he's referring to, do us all a favor and stop with the diarrhea of the mouth.
  8. taliefer Augur

so thats one event, way past when most TLP players will be playing. and id be willing to wager that event is still beatable without the low level chanter stuns

id hardly call that a huge nerf to the raid game. Im still not seeing how this change has much effect on raids.

I think there were probably better ways to achieve whatever effect they wanted from this nerf, but Its going to have almost no impact on TLP raiding.
  9. Gheed Is not reading your response

Stupid change that came about by stupid people crying very loud. Not surprised at all.

Sometimes I really wonder what happens in Daybreak meetings. This change does nothing except hurt the normal aoe groups. Lmfao
  10. ikarinokamii Elder

. AE deep was the most fun thing i did as a returning player who left EQ after OOW due to school that i did as a wizard on agnarr.

The whole point of TLP's is to let me play the game again how I played it originally. Why do they keep messing with my nostalgia. if I wanted to play on live I would be playing on live, I would. stop messing with my TLP experience.

Stop taking the cheap and easy way out of things, if RMT players are affecting the game, then find away to target them.
  11. trihardfriday New Member

Small brain fix made by small brained people.
    Accipiter likes this.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

If you knew the event, you’d know how difficult the event is (16 guilds have a win) and how quickly it can get out of hand. The whole event is centered around quick decivise movements with little time to stand and cast. The longer the adds stay the more likely they kill players as there a good number of mechanics to focus on and speed up.

There are other events from the same era that utilize stun as damaging bane spells. It’s a concept that continues to move forward and this change reduces enchanter output 50%. It’s very significant to Live Raiding enchanters.

Some fresh dev probably saw that it was on a different and looked at the rest of the same spell line and attempted to “normalize.” Odds are they don’t care about the AE groups.

Edit: As a final note, Mearatas is the pinnacle of EQ raid design and anyone that considers themselves a raider needs to experience it. It tests each individual of the 54 man roster. There’s no being bored in this event. Only downside is that every raid after it feels unsatisfying.
  13. RABKkehhalla Elder

We did it baby!! the boxers and the bots!
  14. Machen New Member

The bots are the least impacted of everyone by this change. It's pretty trivial for them to add 2 more enchanters per ae group or raid.
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Imagine if they just capped the max mob count on the sub 65 stuns to like 20 targets instead?
    Lhus and Machen like this.
  16. Uumdano Augur

17. Zinth Augur

so it was NERFED... it used to be good exp... same as necro solo kiting reds used to be GOOD exp... it was hard, challenging and fun... but now a grp mass killing lightblues will get 10x more exp in the same time without it even being challenging (nor fun)
  18. Zinth Augur

imagine if they JUST added a few unstunnable mobs in a couple select zones? omg easy right? and it wouldn't affect the raid game or any other zones but those targetted? wow imaginative!
  19. a_librarian Augur

I think this is one of those changes where it would help them a whole lot if they had better communication with their playerbase. It would help a lot to know what their actual intent with this change is. If the goal is to prevent mass AE killing, this change is not fit for that purpose.

If the goal is to reduce enchanter power in pre PoP era then it will do that just fine, and was probably an attractive option because all it took was changing 4 fields. I think it reduces some fun and interesting stuff the game offers so I'm not a fan, but it's logical at least.

I get the feeling this will be like the changes to prevent stealing mobs with charm; it will probably take them three or more passes to accomplish what their goal was. So we're going to end up with a shared recast and a target cap is what I'm getting at.
  20. Zinth Augur

they could also do like they did in Halls of Honor... pull too many? will the mobs instagate when they get to you... Used to be heaven for clerics to solo there with their wards and stuff, but more than 8 mobs or so and they start gating, even the non-caster mobs.