Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PVPme, Apr 13, 2021.

1. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

It's the same effect regardless. Everyone jumped on the "this must be a change targeted at the ae deep lvl'ers" bandwagon with no evidence of it. Is it a possibility? Sure, it's definitely a possibility but DPG haven't said why so everything is just speculation. They've been slowly nerfing every classes ability to AE for years. SK swarm kiting, bard dirge, beam kiting etc. It was only a matter of time before enchanter stuns got hit and it actually would have been more out of character to skip past enchanter AE stun given that they have taken away most other classes ability to kill an absurd number of mobs at the same time.

I've never done any normal AA grinding or leveling outside of AE'ing from Luclin through PoP on any TLP, so yeah the change sucks. But you'll live, trust me.
  2. KrakenReality Augur

I’d have to dig it up on the FOH boards, but I’m pretty confident you did. You’re already crying about removing progression bottlenecks.

Like I said, you don’t do raids past PoP so it’s hard for you to understand how important dual stun lines are for modern raids. They’re not even going to solve the power leveling issue. Might as well move entrancing lights onto the same timer as the rest of pbae mez line.
  3. AoEBox Elder

I disagree this is not the same effect as other classes being able to solo hundreds of mobs without the assistance of another class.
    Slowly nerfing every classes ability to AE for years ?? WTF are you smoking , if this was anywhere near the case they would have addressed the classes that have AoE abilities such as wizard , druid , cleric and not just Bard and SK which were 100% broken and being abused by people like yourself.

Enchanters do not have the ability to AE and kill any NPC's without the assistance of another class unlike the examples you gave. ( unless they get some absurd ability in later expansions ) nor can they pull and survive to be able to use the ability.

And Krakenreality is correct you did cry, plenty of other times.
  4. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Have you ever thought that maybe it's possible it has nothing to do with needing 1 person to AE vs 3 people to AE (and lets be real, is that even a relevant difference) and that it could be because AE'ing mobs generates a ton of zone lag which is something they all have in common? I mean, again I don't know the true reasoning behind the change, but it's possible.
  5. AoEBox Elder

You are the last person I would take advice from regarding generating zone lag.
    Mr. lets use a bunch of instant click items to exploit and break raid encounters in OW and DZ's.
  6. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Was literally never a thing. That rumor has always been hilarious.
  7. AoEBox Elder

How many rumors can it be ? I tend to take word of mouth from active guildmates rather than the GL who is a known lier!
    #Navyseals ? lmao
  8. Stewie Griffin New Member

Horrible decision by DBG, Let's hope it was just a 14 day old April 1st joke
    Duder likes this.
  9. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Rofl there was the thought that you could utilize clicks to attempt to kill sleeper as a server wide event (you probably wouldn't even have needed to, 300 people in the zone would have lagged it out either way) which never happened. You need better friends to get your word of mouth info from.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

Sure, because you can just drop KR to the plvlers on Aradune that they wont' do anything about, which is the real reason people were complaining. I'm not against plvling. I'm actually pro-plvling. I against people playing 6-12 on a server that is supposed to only allow two.
  11. Gnothappening Augur

Quadding hasn't been nerfed. You can still quad kite with a wizard or druid. The issue is, it is now slower than regular exping because of group bonuses.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

Your scenario isn’t even solved by moving it all to the same cool down. You just add 1-2 more enchanters. There’s still going to be issues with “lag” from AE groups. They probably thought this would fix it, but it doesn’t.
    Stewie Griffin and AoEBox like this.
  13. AoEBox Elder

Go back through past twitch streams of the ToV clears and the exploit was used on many raid encounters. My sources just confirmed what I already knew but go ahead and bash active members of your guild.
    IE : Vymmn doing 0 flings or Lady N not casting a spin stun.

My guess is you were too busy selling LR's and gear to be paying attention to what was being done or just ignorant.
  14. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Please post said streams showing mass people spam clicking insta click items to cause lag lol. Think you fail to realize that if you have a raid killing a mob in OW, plus multiple guild raids in ToV wings, that mobs tend to not AE very often. Pretty basic knowledge.
  15. AoEBox Elder

It is basic knowledge that overloading a zone causes the NPC's not to cast / delay cast abilities ?
    I would call that an exploit and so would a lot of people, regardless of how it was done.
  16. Lhus Journeyman

FTFY.
  17. Gorgasm Journeyman

I don't think this is actually true? What modern raid relies on the AE Stun lines not sharing a CD? The only thing I can think of is Mearatas, which doesn't even rely on AE stuns, AE stuns just make it easier (plenty of the bane types require things that are single target).
    kizant likes this.
  18. taliefer Augur

They arent. all the ae chanter stuns post level 70 already share the same timer.

there are maybe 3 raids from pop to PoRo that this will effect, and they will still be doable without much adjustment.
    kizant and AtabishiWoW like this.
  19. Rcbauer Augur

The salt from all of your tears nourish me.
  20. KrakenReality Augur

If you’re using single target stuns versus pbae you’re doing it wrong 2.5s versus 1.5s means you can unload both stuns by the time you finish a single cast. Unless, you’re in the hallway phase and can time a clear shot it’s still a waste as you can use the remote color line of spells instead.

You missed the point that it’s massive reduction in bane damage for an event like Mearatas, which is TBL. You load up the PBAE stuns because there are multiple Mephits and it’s faster casting.

All the pbae lines stun and mez share a timer except the early versions. It’s crucial for bane damage. A good enchanter can do around 10% of total raid damage from banes.

Also, there’s still the sentinels in the hallways that this will impact the speed too.
    AoEBox likes this.