Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PVPme, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Sebbun Augur

Yeah, I'm aware. It's such an Everquest thing to yell Nerf rather than fix the reason why the things exist in the first place. If exp wasn't so derpy in Luclin, people wouldn't be inclined to pay for a PL or start AE groups at all but instead we have people consistently complaining as if it hurts them at all.

I think at least one thing that we've learned is that the forum warriors that want nerfs are consistent across 20+years.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

I mostly agree with you, I'm just not sure this change will reduce CS tickets since the commercial AOE groups will carry on. Server stability/lag should still improve (assuming AE was the cause) due to having LESS picks, but there will still be AE happening.
  3. WhatTheNorrath New Member

What an absolutely joke of a change.

Assuming this is "intended" to target RMTers at face value - we all recognize that they will simply make more enchanter boxes.

So who is it really impacting?

Every enchanter from classic launch through PoP in both group and raid play. How do you think enchanters get control of charm pets when they break? Small stun --> Big stun --> Recharm.

What exactly is the purpose of the test server here? Players on that server are not going to be impacted by these changes the same way as a TLP would with these changes - so what 'test' is actually being performed?
    narcissistic_person likes this.
  4. Kodachi Augur

I'm just glad I play on a server past this point because things like spider island in air and ukun bloodfeaster gonna suck to do since you'll basically have to use mez to do it.

That said, its funny to watch something that is mechanically built into raid encounter design get a change like this. I wonder what other unintended consequences are going to pop up. I look forward to finding out.
  5. Triconix Augur

Imagine thinking that's enchanters cannot coordinate stun rotations still for raids. As of rotations of healing never existed either. Are players not good enough to set up stun rotations?
    RPoo, Komodon and SniperD like this.
  6. SniperD New Member

This right here, the change only hurts plvl honestly. If your raid can't coordinate a simple rotation for stuns then you got other problems. Also, this will help bring MORE enchanters into a raid now as well. This imo is good healthy change. Won't stop me from maining my enc.
  7. Kiaro Augur

I mean, we used to do this back when resists were a real concern, you'd coordinate enc stuns. This will also mean more enchanters being needed, hell I think the past 3 TLPs I played on by the time we got to GoD we were down to 2-3 raiding encs most rerolled mains as BST/Berz due to how boring it became because 2 encs could perform any needed mez/debuff/stunning. If they actually make it so CC become more than "Spam this AE thing" Enchanters might feel more engaged in raids.
  8. Kiaro Augur

Most I Know use 1 stun and a short duration mez, but you know, adding a layer of risk back to what is arguably the most powerful ability in the classic - OoW era. I'm ok with that.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

Sure people can set up rotations. They will now have a single spell that they can cast every 12 seconds to rotate with. This stun, assuming it isn't resisted, lasts 8 seconds. In theory two enchanters is all that is needed to clock down mobs. That being said, having a stun fire every six seconds and hoping nothing is resisted is poor planning. Since this takes away another tool for enchanters to level, there will probably be less enchanters now. How many chanters do most raids field at these stages of the game? It will be interesting to see how people work around it.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

I will say it again though, this change does NOTHING to stop the people playing more than 2 on Aradune unless the GMs actually go to the Deep and ban the people for boxing more than 2. Instead, I predict they will go to the Deep on Rizlona and suspend people for playing more than 2, get called out on it, then change the reason to something else, all while ignoring those on Aradune who are actually breaking the server's rules.
    Tshesebe likes this.
  11. Sebbun Augur

Meh, 18 seconds recast is what I saw someone post so, you'd have to have almost a full group of enchanters to stun lock in a raid to prevent any resists from ruining your next cast. It's only for a few encounters, so this isn't gonna spur people to create more Enchanters. I'll give you A+ for effort though!
  12. Gnothappening Augur

12 second recast with 8 second duration. That is the standard.
  13. Sebbun Augur

Ah, so would probably need 4 enchanters, to account for any resists?
  14. Zapsos Augur

And 1 second cast time, so A single enchanter can cast a stun every 13 seconds.
  15. Triconix Augur

How about doing...research before posting? 8 second cast with 12 second recast. If you're willing to be risky, 2 enchanters can get it done and you can assign pallys to back them up/help with single target stuns. 3-4 is way more than plenty. You can also rotate mezzes between the recast of the stuns...

I'll give you an F for effort because you didn't even show any.
  16. taliefer Augur

The impact on the raid game is going to be minimal. Plenty of legitimate arguments against this change, but "omg think of the raids" isnt one of em.
    Triconix likes this.
  17. AoEBox Elder

Pretty saddened with this decision if they do indeed go live with this change.
    This plays a huge impact for anyone maining an enchanter on any new TLP, they just made this class a buff box and mez box. I wouldn't even consider charming now with an enchanter until 43 when you get color skew. Way to go about ruining the nostalgia for those who play on TLPs.

For all those claiming just add stunnable mobs , look how long it takes to get a normal fix for content. This would take months if not years to go through all of the zones and adjust them. You can AoE from classic through PoPower in a majority of the zones if you aren't a moron.

I would never consider maining an enchanter again with this change as it destroys a majority of the class that I have come to love and enjoy playing. This would make me roll a necro on any new TLPs.
  18. AtabishiWoW Second best guild leader you'll ever have

Dunno, i didn't cry when they nerfed my live SK's ability to kill 200+ mobs at the same time.
  19. AoEBox Elder

Well considering the SK nerf was because they could solo 200+. I wouldn't even categorize them the same.
  20. Zapsos Augur

Or when they nerfed Bard swarm kiting...

I feel kinda dirty for agreeing with Atabashi.