Enchanter - All spells in the Color Flux line now share the same timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by PVPme, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

Stuns do bane damage? I thought it had to actually damage a mob to do banestrike.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Ironically No.2Guild, while not a new account, has a total of 3 posts ever. ForumNugget is right, change is unpopular with people who aren't one of the few constantly complaining about AE PLs in the deep so they come and open an account.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

Que 15 enchanter plvls.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

To be fair, enchanters have had a lot of changes over the past couple of TLPs. Changes to charm and now stuns. If they can do all this, maybe monks will be the next ones nerfed so that they aren't the top DPS for the reasonable life of a TLP. Does the game need that? Not really. But it didn't really need this change either.
  5. Lejaun Augur

So the Forum Karens "win" again. But not really, since it hurts more than just the AOE PLers.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Exactly, this doesn't remove the ability to AE PL, it makes it prohibitively difficult for normal 6 man friends/guildies to do it and leaves the place to be uncontested by people who do it commercially and have no issues bringing in a couple more enchanters. If anything this is an RMT win, not an anti boxer win.
    Dre., Stix Man and Lejaun like this.
  7. Gnothappening Augur

Sad part is that all they needed to do was go to The Deep on Aradune and ban the crap out of people. That is it. All of this is about ONE SERVER. Do you guys realize that Aradune has been the cause of more horrible ideas and forum whining than any server ever? Why? Because, instead of actually punishing people boxing more than 2, they come up with blanket rules that harm everyone or they go on a ban fest on the wrong server (Rizlona).

It just sucks to me that in the last year we have had a ton stuff done all to babysit the population of a single server. All of which could have been avoided by simply clamping down on the people on that server that were violating rules.
    Dre. and Zinth like this.
  8. Gnothappening Augur

Technically this would stop the AOE plvls on Aradune if they would then go in and ban the people for boxing more than two. Thing is, these people are already boxing 6-12 and they aren't getting banned for it, so this will likely not affect them.
    Dre. likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Heh youre not wrong. But also, if these places are raking in even half the money people on these forums think they are I'm sure they would have no issue getting another body in there to help and live within the 2 box rule if they had to. They just don't have to.
  10. Sebbun Augur

Honestly, everyone in my opinion is missing the point. AAs are kinda crappy to get in Luclin. You probably get around 10-12 AAs an hour while AEing. For some classes like bard that have ~200 AAs worth purchasing, that's 20 hours of xp.

The next best camps are probably closer to 4-5 AAs an hour, meaning 60 hours of XP. Only a handful of XP camps give that due to various nerfs to how much XP you get and lame ZEMs in most of Luclin. For those of you on Aradune, you gotta factor in /lfg into that time. And that doesn't include the time it takes to bank whatever you're looking to bank for Planes of Power.

Everyone is going to choose AE if they value their time, or have more than one character to XP on.

If they feel it's better for server stability, I'm all down for nerfing AEing, But at some point, we need to come to the conclusion that XPing for 60+hours isn't fun, fighting over the same handful of camps isn't fun.

One solution would be to at least spread out the ZEM love so people aren't fighting over the same camps. Umbral Planes, Akheva Ruins, Maiden's Eye are all places that have good density of mobs, but the ZEMs suck when you compare it to Chardok Kennels and Grieg's End Gate camp. You're looking at 2-3 AAs an hour there, and not because the challenge isn't there, it's just the ZEM.

Blanket increasing XP in general probably wouldn't be a bad idea either but I think my first goal would be to increase the amount of camps that give an acceptable number of AAs per hour.
    Komodon likes this.
  11. The Greatest Beaver Journeyman

This is terrible for enchanters, especially in group settings were using stuns to take control of a bad pull and turn it around in your favor, now you have to rely on one single stun, instead of 2-3.
    Dre. likes this.
  12. KrakenReality Augur

In the last few expansions, they’ve begun integrating non-damaging spells as bane damage to specific mob types. The most notable is the final raid of TBL, Mearatas, which uses snares, slow, root, mez, and stuns as bane damage. It’s a raid that can get quickly out of hand with the adds. This is a 50% reduction to bane damage by enchanters for the stun adds.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  13. KrakenReality Augur

I know you only play the early expansions, but this change is a big f*cling deal to late era TLP and Live Enchanters. It’s a nerf to our bane damage.
  14. Xhartor Augur

If you have the option to stun lock, why would you mezz?
    There no need to worry about an AE spell or attack breaking the stun.
    If the unstunable mobs are positioned in the stun and the tank can't hold aggro, you have positioned the encounter wrong.
  15. Bullsnooze Augur

I don't know what you knuckleheads expected? You were told AoE power leveling and grouping was causing disruption across the community in various ways. You brushed it off and continued to do it. Now you have a nerf to that very system and serves you right. Learn to stop abusing the system at the expense of your community and you won't see a nerf.

In a group you have stun, AE Mez, and single target mez at your disposal. That is still enough to lock down just about any pull.
  16. Gnothappening Augur

Since late era stuns all share a timer, were enchanters using the lower level ones to do bane damage even though they can't affect the mobs stun wise?.
  17. KrakenReality Augur

Yes, there's no level requirement to actually do the bane damage that applies across all the types I mentioned. So, you can pull off the chain with the lower level version that is on a separate timer.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  18. Pyne New Member

Can't say I'm entirely surprised - they nerfed quading, they nerfed bard kiting, the nerfed sk swarming, and this seems to be in their nerf path as well. I am sure the devs have a vision for how they think we should play this game
  19. ForumNugget Journeyman

That is a solution, but they aren't going do it. Instead, they just forcing people to do 6 months of Velks OC/IC instead of 3.
  20. Belcasor New Member

First, there's no "correct" way to play the game. AOE'ing isn't an "abuse", it's a fun, alternative way to play that is very risky and very rewarding.

Now,

It has been clearly stated that this is good for RMTers. That fact is not in dispute. Anything that is good for RMTers is good for DBG, because more people will buy krono.

It has also obvious that this change will make it harder to get exp. That is also not in dispute. Anything that makes people play more is good for DBG (even though this might be shortsighted, making it more of a grind is not desirable at all).

Finally, there are also forum and cs complaints about AOE PLers, despite the fact that the 100x number of players who enjoy AOE'ing aren't complaining. CS requests cost DBG money. Any way they can reduce CS requests saves them money.

In my opinion, this change is designed to make DBG more money, not make the game better.