Any word on necro 1-65 dot revamp?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Ythera Augur

Wakk, I'm not sure how you can read the full statement given by Aristo and come to any conclusion other than: all the dot classes were promised a consolidation of their dots so they don't have to stack dots of the same line, but beastlords are special and we upped their damage more than the rest because they were underperforming.

Here is the statement, please read it again.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/march-2016-patch-preview.231275/#post-3407873

I know from previous threads that you replied to that you're unhappy with how much damage necros are doing compared to other dps classes, such as the berserker that you paly. I agree that they could use a bit of a nerf in their damage in HoT and beyond, due to how enhanced decay works with their dots. However, don't let that cloud what is actually written in that statement by Aristo for dot consolidation. The dot consolidation itself is a good thing, as it allows for more varied playstyle than just stacking as many dots from previous expansions as you can to eek out every little bit of damage you can and works towards fixing the debuff issue on raid mobs. It also makes playing a dot class more exciting as you ramp up quicker instead of being a slow moving steam roller, as Aristo pointed out in the statement.

Aristo doesn't work very fast, as indicated by the fact that the live portion of the consolidation isn't even done, as 3 lines of dots are still not consolidated: the wounds line, the mana drain line, and the corruption line. It's exceedingly likely that the lower level dots haven't been consolidated due to wanting to deliver something, even if it's only partially done.
  2. Xeris Augur

If you read the post, it pretty explicitly says: "We went back to the first DoT in any given line, and doubled it (or more). This step may not happen for every class, but Beastlords in particular haven't been able to use DoTs for as much reliable damage as we'd like, so they needed the boost."

Further, the only specific mention of all classes is that they are "planning" on doing a similar rework to all classes that use DOTs regularly, however his #1 point very clearly stated that not all classes would get the same consolidation treatment. So I'm not sure how anyone looks at the necro dot revamp and thinks it isn't done, barring DBG officially saying something contrary.
  3. Hadesborne Augur

Because of their actions. For the Druid class they went back to lvl 1 and didnt double the damage but still consolidated the line. The same goes with shamans and enchanters. This OBVIOUSLY shows that the first bullet point in the post was stating that it was the DOUBLING of the first dot of each line's damage that was specific to the Beastlord, and yet the line consolidation from lvl 1+ went forward through all the classes as intended. They just have not finished with the necro class, hence my question about when they would be completing their work. That is all. It really doesn't get any simpler than that.
  4. Hadesborne Augur

This pretty much sums it up.
  5. Triconix Augur

^ This means nothing other than you got a bonus dps upgrade. The reason for the revamp wasn't to help your dps.

Also, you realize many classes share DOTs early on, right? A level 1 druid dot isn't a level 1 ranger dot.

Keep living in your self created reality. It couldn't be further than the real one.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Hadesborne Augur

Aristo wrote
    I think this clearly shows this was part of their reasoning for performing the dot revamp.
  7. Kahna Augur

I don’t know why any of you guys are having this argument. The truth is that no one but the devs know if they will continue the necro dot consolidation or not. Considering they haven’t even finished tweaking the 70+ dots it is perfectly understandable that they haven’t moved on with more dot adjustments. Then again they may decided that finishing the last line of necro dots isn’t worth the effort. No one actually knows what they will decide at this point. Hell, the devs might not even really know what they are going to do. Some bigger project might distract them. Stop arguing over semantics like something they wrote 5years ago really has any significant impact on what they will choose to do in the future.
  8. Triconix Augur

I don't believe you don't know the difference between intent and resultants. I'm not sure how much I can explain it.

The ISSUE was the debuff limitations on mobs.
    The SOLUTION (for the issue) was to revamp dots.
    The INTENT/REASON (behind the solution) was to alleviate the debuff limits on raid mobs.
    One of the RESULTS was an increase to damage.

^ You see how this works? Based on your deductive logic, you seem to believe the issue was necro dots weren't good. This was never stated by devs. These revamps were always, and have always been, about solving the debuff limits. Nowhere will you ever find the devs stating something like "necro dots were weak so we decided to revamp them." It simply was never the case, no matter how much you want to will that into existence.
    Tweakfour17, Skuz and Machen like this.
  9. Machen New Member

Completely all of this, and as a reminder, the dot revamps were never aimed at the TLP's because the issue didn't exist on the TLP's until they got very close to live. They don't owe anyone level 1-74 dot revamp. They don't even remotely care about class balance levels 1-105, nor should they or can they.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The changes to Enchanter charms at low levels, and the removal of focus effects pre-Luclin on the recent TLP at least would indicate otherwise.
  11. Machen New Member

The enchanter change is across the board and apparently impacts live enchanters in significant ways, not just TLP enchanters.

On the focus effects change, just the opposite in fact. Melees were already dominant classic->velious. This change put melee further ahead. There are other things they could have done that would have been far more effective in terms of balancing (melee innate aa's for starters.) I see the focus effect removal more as a move toward a more classic experience, similar to the changes they made to vet rewards.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Originally Melee were far weaker than casters, with foci effects removed until Luclin you are correct the reverse is true on TLP, melee innate AA were reduced once already to help address that but could probably use further changes / reductions to grant better parity.

- Melee Classes - Adjusted the bonuses granted by Innate Darkblade, Duelist, Fellstrike, Fury, Holyblade, Innerflame, Natureblade, Rage, and Songblade. Reduced the bonuses granted by these lines for levels 40-80 and increased the bonuses for levels 85-110.

It's a bit of a mess balance wise but reversing the change to foci is not the right solution, reductions to melee damage are.