Takish-hiz access

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Perihelion, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Perihelion Journeyman

I need to get polished quartz for Journeyman Jeweler Test but by reading forums and Alakazaam, etc. am told can only get there with a group...and once there the gem is "forage only."
    I play solo at odd times....any way to get to Takish-hiz by myself....or should just give up on Jewelcrafting test?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ask in general chat. Lots of folks are willing to help you by giving you one or two extra they might have or to even go along with you. If anyone offers to go with you try and get them to do the raid version : Takish-Hiz: The Palace grounds

Check your baz

Set yourself up as a buyer to buy a couple

Check NPC merchants in all the LDON camps. The also drop in the chests/barrells in LDONs so someone may have sold them to the NPC or you could even do an LDON with your merc and one other player. Only need 3 and other player does not need to be in the zone and the merc counts

What server are you on? I may have one

Finally make sure you attempt the non enchanted one when your ready
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Oh, it is not forage only. That is the default allah puts on most descriptions.

https://eq.magelo.com/item/65583

from eq traders
    This item is dropped from mobs:
    • Takish-Hiz: The Sweeping Tides
      • a sandy chest
  4. Perihelion Journeyman

Great ideas....will double check bazaar (last time I saw there was 125,000 plat for 5).
    I'll check Wayfarers and Magus at guild. BTW, I'm on Luclin. I'll also try general chat...thanks for your timely help!
  5. Aanuvane Augur

just to be clear - I don't think it actually drops from mobs - it is forage and chests only in LDoNs from Takish Hiz. I farm this regularly and don't recall ever getting it off an actual mob. But I agree - ask in general if anyone has any, you might be surprised.

It's an LDoN, I think you need at least 3 and mercs count. So if you can just find one other toon to group with, you might also be able to make your way through the LDoN.
  6. Perihelion Journeyman

Appreciate your "on the ground" perspective on this item...thanks for the input..the quest contines!
  7. Perihelion Journeyman

Well, have set up buy line, checked bazaar, asked in Gen chat but no polished quartz....looks like I need to find someone to group with so I can enter Takish-hiz and forage (woo hoo!).
    After I enter Tak with my merc and another player do I get bumped out of instance if other player leaves? Reason I ask is it looks like a few days of foraging required to find this item =:)
  8. Sprooce Lorekeeper

I've been having this problem too as a solo/molo player on a quiet server late at night.. I've got a handful of quests I can't finish due to needing a group to get into a specific instance etc.

Would another option for us be to get a second account, even a free to play one, maybe buy a heroic character or level up a toon, and then run 2 computers or 2 instances of EQ so we have 2 characters plus a merc, getting us into the quests or instances we wanna do? I'm a newly returned player so I don't exactly know all the rules of running a second instance or computer (I play on live) but I've been pondering it lately as I'm tired of getting shutdown on quests.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can use any player within your level spread. Like a level 20 will not work with a level 85. So be within normal range. Sometimes you can catch a baz trader who doesn't mind joining and doesn't care how long you will be. So it would be you, the merc, and unknown other person and your good to go. Of course you can also get a full group that some might be interested in to get the Hunter /ach.

Each adventure has a time limit. So you won't be in one forever. You will get booted out when time is up.

You don't need a second computer on live servers. And you can run more than one account at a time on one computer. Just have the main guy go get the "adventure" and then if you want you can go on the adventure also or just hang out in pok or something.
    Sprooce likes this.
  10. Sprooce Lorekeeper

Thanks CP, much appreciated!
  11. Perihelion Journeyman

Appreciate background on this.....to run two accounts on computer will need to buy/subscribe to boxing software right? I'm thinking maybe more feasible to run main toon on desktop and get free account running on nearby laptop for tag-along toon. Any thoughts?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No boxing software needed. Just ability to alt tab really. I run usually around 3-6 characters/account with no "special" add on programs. 2 will be cake. EQ is not a intricate game, its very simple so sometimes it is amazing what can be done with very little.

I find it very easy to have all the accounts up on one computer. To me using a second computer would be very hard cause I would have to move to another mouse/keyboard.

On my casters I put a couple spells on a hot button and that way I only have to hit that button one time and they cast like 3 spells without me clicking each spell icon separately.

My ranger auto shoots so not much interaction needed there - but I do have a couple hot buttons there too.

But its all how a person plays.

While the last link explains a lot - many of the stuff in it I do not use. But its great for how to set up macros and other things. Like How to Alt Tab Box in Everquest (Learning how to play)

This is the one that I don't use the suggested programs. https://www.almarsguides.com/eq/gettingstarted/boxing/
  13. Perihelion Journeyman

Great stuff...I checked Almars link regarding good macro ideas. Just want to be sure I understand......do you download additional eqgame with files to a different location on your computer for each additional toon? Do you launch main toon then window out to file explorer to another directory and another copy of the game and launch that copy into new window? I have not found any info on setting this up or tips regarding technique. Thanks for your patience =:)
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can do a couple ways.

First you download the game. That leaves an icon on desktop.

You can log in one account and then just click the icon again and log in the next etc.

You can put more icons on desktop just by downloading it again. does not take as long or you can make short cuts from that first icon.

I actually have 7 icons, neatly arranged. This is my personal preference since I like logging into each one with its own account.

It helps me keep them straight on the bottom Windows bar to make atl tabing easier.

Still others will go into great detail putting each copy of the game into its own location.

this might help too
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...accounts-from-1-machine-the-setup-how.235856/
    Sprooce likes this.
  15. Perihelion Journeyman

Thanks for the background...and great resource links...much appreciated!