Tradeskill Suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kygo007, Apr 12, 2021.

1. kygo007 New Member

I think it would be awesome if we could save "tradeskill recipes" like we do for spell sets.

For example, I'm at the forge and I have my "ToV Smithing" recipes saved on my "known matching recipes"... but when I want to flip to CoV I can simply flip over and see only those recipe lists that I've "added" to that recipe set.
  2. Duder Augur

You can narrow those down by what you search for already. "Faded Restless" vs. "Faded Velium".
    Froglok and Coagagin like this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You can already save recipes which appear as soon as you open the container interface.
    Froglok and Coagagin like this.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I believe he is aware of both of those things.

What he wants is to have different saved sets. Like spell sets or maybe the Map window is a better example where there is a drop down in the map window and you can pull from various different map folders.

Instead having a drop down in a tradeskill window where you can have a CoV folder with 100 saved combines and a ToV folder with 100 saved combines. Allowing you to only see 100 saved combines at a time.

This could be sort of convenient I guess but yea I think just spending the extra 10 seconds typing in the common word among recipes you are looking for each time you are swapping your need isn't much different from spending 10 seconds cycling through your various different saved sets.

But if this is a place for Tradeskilled suggestions... A success rate bonus when attempting a combine when you know all of the combines in that group. IE if you are attempting to make ToV Smithed Arms, you get an extra 5% Success chance if you know 100% of the ToV Smithing combines. Give some value to learning combines even past 350 skill.

We've had 11+ slot bags for 10 years now since HoThule released. I think it is time for larger tradeskill containers and recipes. Imagine a tradeskill quest that culminates in a 40-item tradeskill combine! I have enjoyed the ToV Earring quest but I feel like the tradeskill combines are an afterthought in the quest. 95% of the time in that quest is spent mindlessly killing to evolve the earring. I'd prefer a real tradeskill focused quest more like Artisan's Prize was.

On the topic of larger tradeskill containers, a convertable container. One that can swap from Tailoring Kit > Portable Forge > Portable Kiln > Portable Pottery Wheel > Fletching Kit > Jewelry Kit > Mixing Bowl > Portable Oven > Portable Brewing Barrel > Research Kit. Something in the 40-44~ slot size range. I dunno if the code exists for it but a limit preventing you from converting when items are inside. Or it would be very cool if it could convert and transfer all the items from the previous version to the converted version. This would be a cool result of a quest mentioned above.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

Named saved recipe sets similar to saved spell sets. I could use it. We are talking way more entries in that drop down over the spell set list :) Probably more than UI work.

I think, the 10 slot recipes are fine. Lots of combinations there. Then we have multiple steps. I see no
    reason to change the existing mechanism.
    Coagagin likes this.
  6. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

its not a terrible idea, but to be fair if works going to go into improving tradeskills, personally i'd rather have it be something like let us craft directly with items in our dragon's hoard - to give it some semblance of value ;) or, a tradeskill only "tab" in the guild bank, or a keyring for tradeskill goods to get them out of our banks or bags. or, a big quest that would allow us access to a keyring for ts trophies that separate them from regular trophies. or, a big quest that would grant us an item that would be +% modifier to all skills not, the 7 individual ones or whatever (to be more specific i know an item cant have more then one of these modifiers, so i was thinking something like +Master Craftman +X% that would be a global improvement, or a failure reduction or something along those lines not X% to each skill.)

the other suggestion that i would have is rather then "custom" tradeskill sets, maybe a filter for "by expansion" might meet the OP's needs without being something else we have to have stored in our character file or whatever (if that's even a concern).
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Jennre Band Leader

Am I crazy, or is this what the Artisan's Prize quest does?

Edit: NM I am crazy haha. The Artisan's Prize gives a modifier toward chance to fail.
  8. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

ya and i love that thing :) i would love to see a global across the board % modifier but I know its a logistical challenge from conversations past.
  9. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Adetia please learn whatever code EQ is developed in, apply for a job with DP and work with Ngreth on the tradeskill game for us thanks
  10. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

i'm sure you were kidding, but i'd love to do nothing more, however... sadly they dont hire remote employees and i cant leave canada. *chuckles* that said, ngreth and the rest of the team have been super receptive to a number of ideas and problems that i nag them to death with over the years for which i am eternally grateful :)
    Deux likes this.
  11. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Only two good things ever came from Canada...Crown Royal and Township Rebellion.

Also please nag Ngreth to make a storage box for our TS items that multiple toons can access like EQ2 has if you don't mind ;p
    Mytoss and adetia like this.
  12. Shredd Augur

I want to know when Artisan's Work is going live. You teased us in Beta with the title. What is with Canada and trade-skills? Adetia and Phancy both insane about trade skills and both live in Canada.
    adetia likes this.
  13. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I have to disagree. Some of these I already knew came from Canada, but others I did not until I looked it up.

1. Peanut Butter (Invented by a Canadian pharmacist in 1884)
    2. Insulin (co-discovered by Canadian scientist Frederick Banting, won the Nobel Prize for medicine)
    3. William Shatner
    4. Ryan Reynolds
    5. Alex Trebek
    6. Alexander Graham Bell
    7. Neil Young (grew up in Ontario)
    8. Nathan Fillion
    9. Shania Twain
    10. Dan Aykroyd
    I'm not sure if Celine Dion adds to the list or cancels one or more of them out. I guess that depends on your point of view. But then there's Nickelback...
    adetia and Deux like this.
  14. Shredd Augur

Best from Canada has to be Rush!
    adetia and Flatchy like this.
  15. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Canada invented peanut butter? Wow...God bless Canada then cause PB is the greatest thing since indoor toilets.
    adetia likes this.
  16. Flatchy Court Jester

I was going to say the fishing is fantastic then I was reminded of this. OH yes. So sad to see the Professor move on from this realm. If your not a fan watch that documentary on Netflix about Rush it is fantastic and youll learn some suprising things, well at least I did.

Many people claimed to invent peanut butter I just had this conversation the other day. For the longest time I believed it was George Washington Carver who came up with it. (damn Nebraska school system in the 60s).