Lost anchors

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Mims, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Mims Augur

I haven't played in several years, so I lost my house. I have 2 anchor transport devices (primary and secondary), but no anchors. I retrieved everything from my crates of eviction, and put my house back up, but they aren't there. I also checked the Recover tab on a vendor. The Find Items button only showed the transport devices. Nothing on Parcel NPC either.

Any ideas, anyone?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You will need to petition :)
  3. Derd Augur

Try clicking the transport device, missing anchor should appear in item overflow window. Function was put in to lower cs tickets.
  4. Mims Augur

I just tried clicking and got the following message:
    "The anchor teleport you cast failed because the house the anchor is in is not placed in a yard"

Now I'm wondering if I placed them in someone else's house, but shouldn't it have been parceled back to me? I'm also not sure what the overflow window is.
  5. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

The anchor may not have been placed but be in storage in a plot somewhere (or was placed but now stored). It's fairly easy to bring up the menu on an anchor and switch a placed one to in storage.

That message tells you it exists somewhere.

There's a command /itemoverflow that the game uses to place things in occasionally.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I did not mention the item overflow possibility since you get a red message if you have anything in there and you would have checked that too. But just to double check you would type in your chat window text area:

/itemoverflow

and it will bring back a window with the items listed if you have any or just say you don't have any.

If you did place them in someone else's house then they would only have been returned to you if that person also defaulted on upkeep. Otherwise everything would stay in place but then it would port you to it.

By saying the "house the anchor is in" sounds like you have it in a house still but that house is not set on a plot, maybe in your inventory or bank or ??

hehhe we are running neck and neck on replys to OP
  7. Mims Augur

I've been gone so long that I think any house I had on any alts would have vanished, and I did an item search, but only the currently placed house shows up. Nothing turned up in item overflow. I searched all my characters for parcels, but I have not searched them all for a house. I guess that's my next step.

Thanks
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you petitioned yet?
  9. Mims Augur

After checking through all my characters, and finding nothing, I did finally petition.
  10. Mims Augur

The reply was that there is a crate of eviction in my parcels. Since it wasn't there yesterday, and is dated with today's date, the GM must have just sent it to me, so I have no idea where it actually had been.

Update: The crate contains guild hall items, but no actual guild hall.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Did it have your anchors?
  12. Mims Augur