115 Bard Guide [Seeking Assistance]

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Jhinx, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Szilent Augur

Jonthan's overwrites & blocks War March, but only on you. Your group still gets & benefits from War March. Jonthan's is a somewhat substantial upgrade to War March, if your melody has space for a personal dps song after being sure that 4 dots are on & you're getting maximum Insults to go with Aria & WarMarch for the group.
    Waitwhat and Jennre like this.
  2. Jennre Band Leader

Good for solo play, but in a full raid group (+2 pets), a single insult will provide more group dps than the personal dps gained from Jonthan's.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Szilent Augur

Insult & Jonthan's don't conflict, though? that's not, like, a trade that has to be contemplated
  4. Jennre Band Leader

It is. I dropped Jonthans and put an insult in it's place
  5. Szilent Augur

That you did drop it doesn't expose a necessary trade, though.
  6. Waitwhat Elder

It might be only me, but keeping Aria, War March and 4 dots rolling, and doing insults too, I dont see much time to roll in a Jonthan without dropping any of the others. Group might even want Pulse too, or a Composite here and there.
    Jennre and Elyssanda like this.
  7. Searchman New Member

Any1 have a list of all the overslow song's bards get? how do we know if it is an overslow vs being a slow?
  8. Tucoh Augur

What is an overslow? To my knowledge there is only slow, aka SPA 11 and no slow spells stack. Also note that on most mobs at current endgame slow is heavily mitigated https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Spells,_Songs,_Disciplines,_and_AAs#Slow_mitigation . I parsed Requiem of Time at 13% which matches 75% of the listed 55% https://www.raidloot.com/spells?name=Requiem of Time &effect=&class=&level=&view=

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=3066

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=1589

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=2544

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=46591
  9. Cadira Augur

Thought I saw a lot of partially effective messages on slows recently in recent expansions. Which I think is 50% reduction?

Wonder if he's asking if bards get the same kind of slow as shaman melancholy trigger slow (spa 371 or something?) Granted I still don't know how those work together or if they even do.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Ah, yeah, Melancholy is on SPA371 like you say. I don't think they stack but I could be wrong. From https://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=63211&source=Live I don't see any Bard spells.

I've presumed 75% reduction for all mobs in latest expansions, if mobs (especially named mobs...) are getting 50% reductions that'd be interesting.
    Cadira likes this.
  11. Smedolvin New Member

I agree with you and believe this type of information is vital to anyone coming back or thinking of coming back after a few year break. I had my Bard logged in yesterday and the sheer amount of songs, AA's and combat abilities that need to be mixed and matched in just the right way is overwhelming at best. The brain dump is real with EQ and coming back with your UI loadout wiped makes it even harder. If folks would just give people a few breadcrumbs in their rotation it would help immensely. Allot of us are coming back to EQ below max level and needing to grind or figure out a way to get people to help with exp. The game seems to have changed to a complete the progression quests to level model. I still enjoy grinding for AA's though and a nice guide on grinding out exp when you are not max AA and max raid geared would help allot of folks out.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

I used to try to push 2 different insults but since dots were vastly improved and debuff slots increased to 200 Ive relaxed. Now its
    aria, war march, insult, dot1, dot2, insult, dot 3, dot 4, insult, pulse
    Thats 10 songs which with full aa is the most you can do. When we get a raid instance with bad lag I drop pulse so aria/warmarch doesnt drop. I also made a 30 second gina timer bar for aria/warmarch so I can see if they are about to drop.

When Im in groups I may not use insults since mana becomes an issue. In that case Ill add reckless renewal and a slow.
  13. Razorfall Augur

Wait....these last 30 seconds? Does pulse last 30 seconds as well?
  14. Svann2 The Magnificent

with aas yea
    you can check it by singing it in the guild hall or anywhere they dont expire. Mouse over and it shows the timer.
  15. Tucoh Augur

I recently did this for aria/warmarch/reckless and really like it. You can see it in the pink bars below with the rest of my "stuff should always be up" buffs. It's nice for notifying me when my boxed bard has broken melody or when my melody is too ambitious and I'm getting gaps in coverage.

[IMG]
  16. Razorfall Augur

Bah, I had it as 30 in my original spreadsheet, but I had it as 24 in my new one. Must have copied over the cells :(

This increases the MPS by around 3-3.5% for most of the melodies I use (see this post for more info) but it does give 100% uptime to aria, warmarch, and pulse which should be an adps boost

[IMG]

I mostly use "Muh big chonkin mana" because while it does about 16.5% less dps than your melody, but it gives about 250% more mana, which if you have rangers and beastlords in your group like I usually do it should make up for that in their DPS.
    I switch to "Muh Alternating" melody when I'm low on endurance or if there's no beastlord to help me regain endurance

I also kind of like 10,1,2,3,9,11,4,5,6,7,9 (Crescendo, Aria, Warmarch, Pulse, Insult, Composite, Dotx4, Insult) But it does break aria, warmarch, and pulse (9 times over the course of 20 minutes), but the dps gain isn't really worth using it over the big mana one. And you'd lose dps from melee swings in the gaps

Then there's this monstrosity: 10,9,1,2,9,4,5,9,6,7,11,9,10,3,1,2,9,4,5,9,6,7,11

[IMG]

You'd lose about 4% dps, but you'd gain about 1.85 times more mana. BUT it comes at the expense of gaps in aria and warmarch :(

If you remove pulse however, you'd GAIN 38% more mana and about 2% more dps over your current melody with fewer gaps than the above melody

[IMG]

And just for shiggles here is your melody visualized :)

[IMG]
  17. Tucoh Augur

Melody overlaps are an important part of fine-tuning your gameplay, but the other side of the coin to this is parsing typical performance in challenging content. You might already be doing this (as your said in the post you linked), but realized uptime in difficult content may be totally different than theoretical uptime, guild hall uptime or easy-content uptime.

I go through this a lot with my 6box group where I'll strategize a way to include a character's ability I hadn't made good use of before, get good at using it in easy situations and then completely drop it when under duress and decide not to use it even in easy situations.
  18. Razorfall Augur

For sure. I don't really take burns, melee, or received ADPS (other than bard synergy and composite psalm) into effect. Oubliette of Light is probably the hardest thing to keep melody running on at the moment as far as group content goes. I have boxed the bard on Mad Emperor when it was up as well, and I often left him at Venril because he kept getting melody broken (I think it was the Golems' AE, but it could have been a failed run emote resulting in getting mezzed).

I'm also tweaking my spreadsheet as i get more information. For instance, I wasn't accounting for the insult and crescendo type 3 augs I have (for ToL and ToV), and I had the max-focus for some songs at 360% instead of 320%...or 100% in Composite psalm's case, which lowered the mana gained over 10 minutes from 255,000ish to 186,000ish, but that's still good enough to where I'm not just going OOM in just a few minutes.
    Tucoh likes this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Back in my early barding Id get melody interrupted and not notice it right away. So I tried to figure out how to make an audio trigger for it and could not. Every song in a melody says "you stop singing xxx", so a trigger notice is impossible afaik. Nowadays I just notice it quicker but I can see it would be a problem for a box bard. Be nice if there was text for melody stoppage separate from that for song stoppage.
  20. Spacemonkey555 Augur

If you don’t mind a constant small noise, can set a gina or ingame audio trigger for the text from beginning to sing a song, and you’ll hear that tone every 2.85 sec or so while your melody is running. You can also set a gina timer bar for certain songs like warmarch/aria (or a 3 second timer bar for any song at all that should keep refreshing while melody runs), or make gina triggers for stun/fd/mez/charm (on you) messages, which is where probably 95% of melody interrupts come from, the rest being our own clickies.